Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission#4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

The man behind the desk turns his head up to look at Merei, the screen looking into her eyes. He frowns.

51408347927_38f9d8de91_t.jpg
"Good evening, Merei." He speaking to the celestial in a slithering, monotone tone twinged with cool aloofness. It's obvious from this distance that the man is less a receptionist and more a security guard: his name tag reading Uliz Zrero : Brerer Security Solutions. "You may call me Uliz. I am the security officer here at Melbrook Heights. With what do I owe the... pleasure of assisting you with this evening?" He clasped his hands together on his desk and leaned forward, his voice dry with disinterest.

"Hiya. Yissam♥, streaming sensation. We hate to interrupt your evening, Uliz. You seem to me like a guy who likes his privacy! And we wouldn't want to intrude on that."

She leans against the counter, winking at Uliz.

"Like my friend Bers says, we're here to surprise Sid and Mel. A friend of theirs won them a visit as part of my stream's monthly chat sweepstakes- YELL for YISSAM♥. We're here to make good on it. You mind opening the door for us?"

14 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Greetings security friend, I am B3R5 - 3rk, have come to visit residents Sid and Mel. To share a couple of beers! Are they in?"

Bers says with a sense of urgency, beer urgency.

Uliz straightens himself in his chair, more so than he already was prior to Bers speaking to him.

"Hmm, I can certainly call Sid and ask him if he's expecting company. B3R5-3rk, give me one moment while I contact the third floor condo." Uliz presses a few buttons on the computer terminal in front of him as he prepares to call Sid's condo.

35 minutes ago, CMP said:

"Hiya. Yissam♥, streaming sensation. We hate to interrupt your evening, Uliz. You seem to me like a guy who likes his privacy! And we wouldn't want to intrude on that."

She leans against the counter, winking at Uliz.

"Like my friend Bers says, we're here to surprise Sid and Mel. A friend of theirs won them a visit as part of my stream's monthly chat sweepstakes- YELL for YISSAM♥. We're here to make good on it. You mind opening the door for us?"

Uliz looks up from the terminal, the bars on his screen fluctuating for a moment before he speaks to Yissam♥. He frowns, his words dripping with oily disinterest.

"Yissam♥? I cannot say I have heard of you. I am far too old and far too busy to worry about whatever children are watching nowadays. Besides, you could merely be some kind of imposter using this cover as a ruse. Brerer Security Solutions prides itself on the safety it provides tenants, landlords, and business owners. If I allowed anyone claiming to be some wants-to-be celebrity into the building what kind of security officer would I be? Prove to me that you are indeed this streamer named Yissam♥, that this is not merely some ruse, and I will consider letting you up."

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Uliz looks up from the terminal, the bars on his screen fluctuating for a moment before he speaks to Yissam♥. He frowns, his words dripping with oily disinterest.

"Yissam♥? I cannot say I have heard of you. I am far too old and far too busy to worry about whatever children are watching nowadays. Besides, you could merely be some kind of imposter using this cover as a ruse. Brerer Security Solutions prides itself on the safety it provides tenants, landlords, and business owners. If I allowed anyone claiming to be some wants-to-be celebrity into the building what kind of security officer would I be? Prove to me that you are indeed this streamer named Yissam♥, that this is not merely some ruse, and I will consider letting you up."

"Easy! Tune that terminal into Ætherspace Channel 745.711.198, would you?"

With a grin, Yissam♥ fiddles with the AV Rig, having it float over to the side of the desk to get both she and Uliz in the frame. With one hand, she pops open the fizzing tab of her Essence of Glibness, sipping it with the practiced poise of someone who's done many soda advertisement. With her other hand, she gestures the party to come over.

"Alright gang, get in the shot, get in the shot, looks like we're doing this!! Ahh, the fans are gonna LOVE this. Everyone speak up if you've got something to say, their attention spans are like plasma mosquitos. We are on in five-"

Wiping a smudge off of her stony hair and adjusting her cape, Yissam♥ takes a very deep breath.

"-four- three- two- HAAAAIYAAAA!! WELCOME BACK, SSAMIES!! You are watching YES It’s YISSAM on Ætherspace Channel 745.711.198, Akharif’s 45th most popular streaming sensation!! 20 hours a rotation, 7 days a week, 100 times the Yissam♥!!!"

She flashes a wink at the AV Rig and sweeps her cape behind her to show off her surroundings. On her eye-watering Ætherspace Channel, there are dozens on dozens of flashing animations, filters, and flying icons every time Yissam♥ so much as lifts a pinky. The screen is shaking in time with non-existent bass as colored lights that are definitely not actually there flash in the background.

"I am hitting you up LIVE from the sprawling capitalist hellscape of Cosmopli! But this ain't your average everyday Oblique Politique Critique stream: this surprise stream is courtesy of The Squad, my elite team of shock-artists, floor-busters, and rabble-rousing Party Lords! BERS, the Minibar! KIRWIN, the DJ! MEREI, the Spotlight! And we're joined here for this stream by our ultra special guest, ULIZ, the GUARDIAN OF PARTYTIN'!"

The names and designation she's spitting out fly by on stream. When she reaches Uliz, the screen seems to shake and explode, detonating as though as it was at the heart of a supernova. The pieces of video footage rapidly re-assemble themselves afterward. The visual effects are impressive if migraine-inducing. 

"And as you might have guessed, we are here today to drop a PARTY BOMB!! On two VERY special guests waiting just upstairs! To get there, Yissam♥ needs your help, Ssamies! Uliz is bound not to let us up with anything less than Extreme Ultra Maximum Party Levels- so do your favorite Stratitarian streamer a favor and FILL! THAT! CHAT!"

Yissam♥ points to and winks at the camera. Indeed, even on this short notice, the stream's chat is utterly flooded in response to her performance.

Edited by CMP

Yissam♥ Coding Proficiency Check (DC 1): (1,2,3,5) One Success
Yissam♥ Performance Proficiency Check (DC: 3): (1,3,3,5 +1 Success) (1,2,5,5 +1 Success) Three Successes

Yissam quickly manages to set up her rig without issue and present Uliz into the shot, still frowning and looking far too stoic and stone faced for Yissam♥'s energy. After finishing her request to the chat, it explodes in responses from her audience.

"Wow. Lame. Not POG."
"Can't believe this clown doesn't know who Yissam♥ is. *oh2*"
"<comment removed by moderator>"
"Seriously? Can you show up at my house? :wub:"
"This guy screams of being some fascist loser!"
"Cannot believe some lucky fan won this!"

Uliz groans, seemingly unimpressed but proven wrong.

"It does appear you are, indeed, this Yissamcharacter. Very well,  I will call up condo three and inform them you are going to be present to surprise them." Uliz focuses on his terminal and begins to call up condo three's tenants. "Please hold here while I get a hold of Sid and inform him of... ugh, that he has guests arriving." Uliz pushes a few buttons and turns away from the group to speak to, seemingly, Sid.

Edited by Kintobor

After waving at Yissam♥'s camera, and after seeing Uliz turn around, Merei lowers her voice, standing close to her friends. "Yissam, I appreciate the plan, both in style, execution, and results, up until exactly this point. But I am concerned with how Sid will respond, given that Sid isn't actually expecting us as guests. Do you think you will be able to continue to bluff your way in with them? I'm afraid I will come off as overly infatuated with the trellis and climbing, but I'm nervous if we don't climb up we may discover that he's climbing down and out to safety. Or at the very least, we should keep an eye on it, even if we don't climb. Though I suppose if they have a speeder, they could just fly away..." Merei begins muttering to herself. "No. This is why we don't deal with hypotheticals. There is a trellis. There is a speeder. We are being announced. We cannot imagine what will happen until we see it." She gives Yissam♥ a thumbs up. "Carry on. See if Sid will invite a famous streamer, and co-stars, up."

and following up Kirwin and Merei, Bers revved his Chain-Greatsword with his left hand and shakes things up with a surfer dudes shaka sign with his right hand. If he could he probably would've stuck out his tongue to the audience as well!

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

After waving at Yissam♥'s camera, and after seeing Uliz turn around, Merei lowers her voice, standing close to her friends. "Yissam, I appreciate the plan, both in style, execution, and results, up until exactly this point. But I am concerned with how Sid will respond, given that Sid isn't actually expecting us as guests. Do you think you will be able to continue to bluff your way in with them? I'm afraid I will come off as overly infatuated with the trellis and climbing, but I'm nervous if we don't climb up we may discover that he's climbing down and out to safety. Or at the very least, we should keep an eye on it, even if we don't climb. Though I suppose if they have a speeder, they could just fly away..." Merei begins muttering to herself. "No. This is why we don't deal with hypotheticals. There is a trellis. There is a speeder. We are being announced. We cannot imagine what will happen until we see it." She gives Yissam♥ a thumbs up. "Carry on. See if Sid will invite a famous streamer, and co-stars, up."

"Yes friend Merei, it is too late to worry now if they will try to make an escape on speeder, but we need not worry about the trellis. I am confident to catch up to them if they take that route!"

31 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

and following up Kirwin and Merei, Bers revved his Chain-Greatsword with his left hand and shakes things up with a surfer dudes shaka sign with his right hand. If he could he probably would've stuck out his tongue to the audience as well!

"Hey, hey, hey! No weapon discharges in the lobby or in the building! If you are going to act like a child I will confiscate your weapon." Uliz's usually dry commentary was replaced with a sudden burst of anger.

Going back to his computer terminal, Uliz dials up condo three. After a few moments of no response, he dials the condo up again. Once again, no response.

"Hmm. Odd. Normally the tenant of condo three is very good at picking up his receiving device. One moment, if you'd permit." Uliz pushes a series of buttons on his computer before flicking a large red switch and begins dryly speaking, turning away from the heroes. "Condo three, this is Security Officer Uliz. I see you have the switch turned on informing me you are in the washroom. I am obligated to inform you that you have guests coming up to greet you." He sneers before finishing. "Thank you for your time." He presses the large red switch in the opposite direction before turning back to the heroes. "You are free to use the elevator to head up to condo three, and I ask that you keep any noise to a minimum. The walls are fairly good at insulating noise, but this building wasn't designed with new, ear destroying audio technology in mind." Uliz pushes a few buttons on the terminal which open the elevator doors. "If there is nothing else you need to discuss with me, then I hope you have a pleasant evening."

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"Hey, hey, hey! No weapon discharges in the lobby or in the building! If you are going to act like a child I will confiscate your weapon." Uliz's usually dry commentary was replaced with a sudden burst of anger.

Going back to his computer terminal, Uliz dials up condo three. After a few moments of no response, he dials the condo up again. Once again, no response.

"Security friend, please do not worry, I kept the weapon safely in the holster while revving. I am a, certified, Heroica professional after all." Bers grins, just barely resisting the urge to call the security guard some kind of meatbag related slur.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"Hmm. Odd. Normally the tenant of condo three is very good at picking up his receiving device. One moment, if you'd permit." Uliz pushes a series of buttons on his computer before flicking a large red switch and begins dryly speaking, turning away from the heroes. "Condo three, this is Security Officer Uliz. I see you have the switch turned on informing me you are in the washroom. I am obligated to inform you that you have guests coming up to greet you." He sneers before finishing. "Thank you for your time." He presses the large red switch in the opposite direction before turning back to the heroes. "You are free to use the elevator to head up to condo three, and I ask that you keep any noise to a minimum. The walls are fairly good at insulating noise, but this building wasn't designed with new, ear destroying audio technology in mind." Uliz pushes a few buttons on the terminal which open the elevator doors. "If there is nothing else you need to discuss with me, then I hope you have a pleasant evening."

"Thank you security friend, we will surely deliver mister Sid a pleasent evening as well, he will have the surprise party.. stream party of his life!" Bers goes ahead and steps in the elevator.

4 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Security friend, please do not worry, I kept the weapon safely in the holster while revving. I am a, certified, Heroica professional after all." Bers grins, just barely resisting the urge to call the security guard some kind of meatbag related slur.

"I don't care if you are a certified heroics professional or a certified chainsaw juggler: if you continue to irresponsibly handle your weapon I will put it in the pile." Uliz points to the large pile of stuff behind his desk.

Edited by Kintobor

MM Note: I'm just waiting to make sure Zepher or CMP don't want any further interactions in the lobby before we move this along. :classic:

OoC: If you don't hear from me for about 24 hours, unless it's like deeply plot important, you can always feel free to move on!

"One more question, Uliz, before we are truly out of your hair..." Merei says, realizing neither she nor Uliz actually have hair. She stands in the elevator's doorway, so the doors can't close. "We saw a camera outside the building. Does that belong to you? Or do different residents monitor the front?"

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

OoC: If you don't hear from me for about 24 hours, unless it's like deeply plot important, you can always feel free to move on!

Same. Life busy.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, Zepher said:

"There's a time for thinking, Merei, and a time for explosive, beautiful action."

Turning to wink at the camera, Yissam♥ waves to her fans as she enters the elevator, AV Rig follow close behind.

"Keep an eye on Bers, everyone! He's a party machine."

Stepping into the elevator, the elevator's metal doors close behind them. The sound of gears and pulleys echoes through the elevator shaft as the elevator ascends the heroes up, from the ground floor, past the first and second floor, and finally to the third floor. As the door's open, an immediate howl of pain hits the party's ears.

"Gods, oh gods, ehhhh, shit, shit shit!"

A fit of coughing follows up the crying as a grisly sight unveils itself to the party. Looking to the ground, the party can see a severed hand clutching a switchblade surrounded by a pool of blood. Blood drips along the elevator door and wall in a crimson arc, dribbling across the floor towards a dwarf tending to a man missing his right hand, cradling his arm as she prepares to inject a syringe. The sink and dishwasher are also covered in blood.

51421492695_ce179717a4_o.jpg

51421492610_afa4e600d8_o.jpg
"Errgh, the pain..." The man is as pale from blood loss, shaking against the wall. Blood still drips from his hand stump.

51421271739_85ef2911c1_o.jpg
"Will you hold still, Sid! I need get this injected into your arm." Sid notices the heroes enter, making eye contact with them but is too weak to act.

"Oh, dear." Merei glances over at Yissam and subtly nudges her AV Rig so it isn't pointed at Sid, if just for a moment - not wanting to dictating the other's moves but also allowing him a moment of grace, and her a moment of decision. "This looks like a bad scene. My name is Merei. You won a contest. Please tell us what happened. Here, let me help you." Merei walks over to the dwarf and helps steady her hand, though, no good at medicine, does not actually inject the shot. She leans in to Sid. "You and I have business, but this is more pressing. Where is the assailant? Did they... did they go down the trellis?" Merei cannot get her mind off the damn trellis.

"...Good thing I invested in an automatic censor."

Yissam♥ awkwardly rubs the back of her neck. Then quickly turns to shoot a fingergun and a wink at the AV Rig.

"Looks like we're in a heck of a pickle, huh? We'll hit you with PARTY BOMB next time, Ssamies! Byeee!"

Quickly shutting the thing down, she looks a little exasperated.

"Can you cool it with the screaming?! You are MURDERING my show's vibe..."

With a grumble, Yissam♥ rotates the glowing core on her armor and she inputs some more code with one hand. Reality starts to bubble around Sid's stump as she attempts to cast Entropic Mending for a momentary reversal of the bleeding.

Seeing Yissam turn to magic, Merei attempts to determine if a healing spell will be of any actual use in this situation, or if the wound is too grievous. 

Kirwin picks up the hand and puts it in the icebox/freezer. Kirwin says "We need to keep this on ice. I'm not a medical professional but this happens in A LOT of episodes of Pirate Hunter Zaibon! I'm a big fan"

Kirwin looks at Bers "Maybe we need to make sure the assailant is not still in the apartment?"

Kirwin walks over to the computer station and attempts to access any pertinent information on what occurred.

22 minutes ago, Zepher said:

Seeing Yissam turn to magic, Merei attempts to determine if a healing spell will be of any actual use in this situation, or if the wound is too grievous. 

Merei Medicine Check (DC: 2): (2,5,6) Two Successes

Merei's limited understanding of medicine and the medicinal applications for the magical arts allows her to come to the conclusion that although Sid's hand is probably gone, healing magic can close the wound and increase his chances of survival from such a grievous wound.

28 minutes ago, Zepher said:

"Oh, dear." Merei glances over at Yissam and subtly nudges her AV Rig so it isn't pointed at Sid, if just for a moment - not wanting to dictating the other's moves but also allowing him a moment of grace, and her a moment of decision. "This looks like a bad scene. My name is Merei. You won a contest. Please tell us what happened. Here, let me help you." Merei walks over to the dwarf and helps steady her hand, though, no good at medicine, does not actually inject the shot. She leans in to Sid. "You and I have business, but this is more pressing. Where is the assailant? Did they... did they go down the trellis?" Merei cannot get her mind off the damn trellis.

The dwarf turns to look at Merei, giving her a weary nod.

51421271739_85ef2911c1_o.jpg
"While I appreciate the help, what I need is for this idiot to calm down and let me jab him where the needle needs to go. Son of a... this is the last adrena-needle in the cabinet and those doctors are nowhere to be found!"

"I-I don't know where they- urgh, they went! They came into my condo and accosted me, and when I tried to defend myself... they took my hand clean off! Threatened to take my other one off too if I- if I didn't..."

25 minutes ago, CMP said:

"...Good thing I invested in an automatic censor."

Yissam♥ awkwardly rubs the back of her neck. Then quickly turns to shoot a fingergun and a wink at the AV Rig.

"Looks like we're in a heck of a pickle, huh? We'll hit you with PARTY BOMB next time, Ssamies! Byeee!"

Quickly shutting the thing down, she looks a little exasperated.

"Can you cool it with the screaming?! You are MURDERING my show's vibe..."

With a grumble, Yissam♥ rotates the glowing core on her armor and she inputs some more code with one hand. Reality starts to bubble around Sid's stump as she attempts to cast Entropic Mending for a momentary reversal of the bleeding.

"Are you megablocking live streaming this right now?" Sid exclaims hysterically. "I'm bleeding out on the floor and you're LIVE STREAMING THIS?!"

Yissam♥ evokes Momentary Reversal: (Occult Proficiency Check: 6) Two Vitality restored!

Yissam♥ casts Entropic Mending on Sid, managing to close his wound for the time being as reality shifts around it. It's clear from his expression that he's still in pain, but he'll likely now live. Sid's breathing calms down as his head rests against the side of the dishwasher.

"...thanks." He nods in appreciation, clearly exhausted.

15 minutes ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin picks up the hand and puts it in the icebox/freezer. Kirwin says "We need to keep this on ice. I'm not a medical professional but this happens in A LOT of episodes of Pirate Hunter Zaibon! I'm a big fan"

Kirwin looks at Bers "Maybe we need to make sure the assailant is not still in the apartment?"

Kirwin walks over to the computer station and attempts to access any pertinent information on what occurred.

Opening up what Kirwin initially believes is an icebox, they soon find it is actually a dishwasher.

Kirwin Coding Proficiency Check (DC: 2, 4): (4,4,4,5) Four Successes

Turning their attention to the computer station, Kirwin fiddles with the device until they manage to get access to the camera system for the outside of the condominium. The connection is stable enough to get a clean view of the footage.

Rewinding through the camera footage, Kirwin eventually discovers a figure climbing up the trellis half an hour ago, and climbing back down five minutes afterwards. They manage to get a good look at them.51421392784_eed010a85d_o.jpg

Although looking human, the assailant's skin is an odd shade of blue, bordering on unhealthy looking. A series of scar tattoos dots their face, and ruby red lipstick outlines their lips. As they deftly climb up the trellis in the recording, a long, thin blade is seen strapped to their back, their array of tools strapped to a second belt around their waist. After a few minutes go by, they climb back down the trellis and rush across the lawn, eventually out of the camera's view.

6 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Are you megablocking live streaming this right now?" Sid exclaims hysterically. "I'm bleeding out on the floor and you're LIVE STREAMING THIS?!"

"Hey, I've filmed WAY worse!! Trust me, I learned from my lesson from FLATLINE! That was by far the most poorly received segment in my channel's history. Anyway, that'll fix itself up in no time! If you notice any weird planar distortions around your wrist, do NOT move, Phantasmagoric magic is finnicky like that."

8 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"I-I don't know where they- urgh, they went! They came into my condo and accosted me, and when I tried to defend myself... they took my hand clean off! Threatened to take my other one off too if I- if I didn't..."

"Oh, don't let us interrupt! Go on. Really."

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Opening up what Kirwin initially believes is an icebox, they soon find it is actually a dishwasher.

Kirwin Coding Proficiency Check (DC: 2, 4): (4,4,4,5) Four Successes

Turning their attention to the computer station, Kirwin fiddles with the device until they manage to get access to the camera system for the outside of the condominium. The connection is stable enough to get a clean view of the footage.

Rewinding through the camera footage, Kirwin eventually discovers a figure climbing up the trellis half an hour ago, and climbing back down five minutes afterwards. They manage to get a good look at them.51421392784_eed010a85d_o.jpg

Although looking human, the assailant's skin is an odd shade of blue, bordering on unhealthy looking. A series of scar tattoos dots their face, and ruby red lipstick outlines their lips. As they deftly climb up the trellis in the recording, a long, thin blade is seen strapped to their back, their array of tools strapped to a second belt around their waist. After a few minutes go by, they climb back down the trellis and rush across the lawn, eventually out of the camera's view.

As Yissam and Merei questioned Sid, Bers stuck with Kirwin, looking over Kirwins shoulder following the footage on the monitor.

"Hmm damned sewnbag, looks like it left a while ago, I don't see any timestamps friend Kirwin."

Although the assailant probably didn't leave That long ago considering the state Sid is in. However since Sid is nolonger in danger and there are seemingly no threats in the appartement, Bers shifts his attention to his quest for alcoholic fuel. Ethylalcohol being a vital component for his structural maintenance. Bers starts checking the appartment for the strongest liquor he can find.

OOC: Darn, guess that is the downside of being in the Europian timezone, I missed all the action during the night.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

58 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Considering Sid is nolonger in danger, and there are no threats in the appartement, Bers shifts his attention to his quest for alcoholic fuel. Ethylalcohol being a vital component for his structural maintenance. Bers starts checking the appartment for the strongest liquor he can find.

Bers scours the condo, looking for something to quench his thirst for alcohol. Opening up the refrigerator, Bers discovers a large bottle Cavadian Royal Rum. Looking over the bottle, it has a staggering 40% alcohol content and an advisory on the back label to drink in moderation.

1 hour ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

OOC: Darn, guess that is the downside of being in the Europian timezone, I missed all the action during the night.

Not worry, there's more action to come. :classic:

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Bers scours the condo, looking for something to quench his thirst for alcohol. Opening up the refrigerator, Bers discovers a large bottle Cavadian Royal Rum. Looking over the bottle, it has a staggering 40% alcohol content and an advisory on the back label to drink in moderation.

Not worry, there's more action to come. :classic:

Bers downs the Cavadian Rum bottle in one go. The disembodied voice announces "Ethylalcohol levels at 93.67%, system maintenance now operating at standard capacity, Berühren level returned status: Safe. All systems are now code Green."

"Whew, this unit is feeling much better friends, alright want me to go after sewnbag?"