Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission#4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?

42 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

MM Note: So, I don't think I'd allow a straight use of Bers' strength, but using your Athletics to grapple with the greaser I would allow. Also, Yissam♥'s Lesser Ally should have went off, so I will be adding it to the battle map when I get a chance. CMP, any suggestion on what you want the ally to look like? I can see what I can do in creating one.

ooc: Ok let's try it, Athletics check

53 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

MM Note: So, I don't think I'd allow a straight use of Bers' strength, but using your Athletics to grapple with the greaser I would allow. Also, Yissam♥'s Lesser Ally should have went off, so I will be adding it to the battle map when I get a chance. CMP, any suggestion on what you want the ally to look like? I can see what I can do in creating one.

Sure do.

51399929175_44b1412021_t.jpg

Merei quickly surveys the interior of the diner as her friends close on and trap the Greaser. “I’d really sit down if I were you. Don’t you feel heavy?” Merei reaches out her hand and clenches it into a fist as the air behind the Greaser again grows… dense. He is yanked by a gravity sink to C1.

MM Note: Round has been fixed with the spiritual ally now on the board.

I'll allow CMP to describe how the spiritual ally comes into being, as well as what the spiritual ally wields as a weapon.

The semi-corporeal figure emerges in the material, taking a great gasp of breath as though tasting air for the first time. Yissam♥ grins, angling the AV Rig just right to get the enormous, lumbering shape in frame.

"Now that's what I'm talking about! He's not quite finished yet. Gotta tighten up that color scheme! But, he gets the job done, and and he is going to bolster my ratings like you wouldn't BELIEVE-"

She raises her free hand, pointing at the greaser being mobbed by her party.

"-so show 'em how, HYPE!"

Emitting a burst of unintelligible static, the spirit being HYPE storms inside on her order, moving on all fours like a great, clawed beast to F3 before dashing to F2. Yissam♥ moves in the opposite direction, to E4, followed by dashing to D4.

-Round 3-

51400304747_ea097b1101_o.png

-The Heroes-
Bers attempts to grapple with Greaser Raymond-
Bers Athletics Check (3,4,5,6) Three Successes vs. Raymond Acrobatics Check (1,1,1,4,4) Two Successes. Raymond is Restrained!
Merei evokes Pulling Point- Merei Occult Proficiency Check (6) Success! Raymond moved to C1, -1 Vitaliy. Merei loses one Spirit
Kirwin attempts to grapple with Greaser Raymond- Kirwin Athletics Check (1,3,4) One Success vs. Raymond Acrobatics Check (1,1,2,2,5) One Success. Greaser Ray resists the grapple attempt!
HYPE dashes to F2
Yissam♥ dashes to D4

-The Enemy-
Greaser Ray attacks Bers-
One Success vs. Bers Skill (2,6+1) Two Successes. Zero vitality lost.

The party switches gears as the greaser attempts to duck out yet again. This time, Bers grabs a hold of the greaser, his athleticism capable of grabbing a hold of his shoulders and keeping him in place. Panicking, the greaser swings a large, rusty wrench from his jacket at Bers which merely bounces off his armour, not even leaving a dent. The greaser's sweating intensifies as a result, the intimidating adamite's grip causing hims to look more worried than prior.

51370473663_69449be7cf_o.jpg
"O-o-oh crumbs..."

Merei continues to push the greaser further into the diner and away from the door as Kirwin makes an attempt to grab him as well, which is rebuked by a series of fancy footwork on the greaser's end. Yissam♥, successful in summoning her familiar HYPE, steps out of the building as the familiar storms into the buildings, static beginning to drone out the music form the jukebox

The Heroes

51263128802_d3d0ff0e38_t.jpg
Designation: B3R5 - 3rk (Dutch Thriceman)
Character Points: 0 / 10
Vitality: 6 / 6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 1, Athletics 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour), Shield Booster

51313574008_4f02c70724_o.jpg
Merei Teo
Age 24 Female, Helioi-Touched Celestial (Born Menahi)
Character Points: 0/10
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 1/3
Proficiencies: Occult 1, Religion 1, Coding 1, Insight 1
Known Spells: Healing Light, Solar Flare, Gravity Sink
Credits: 0
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)
Inventory: Æther Brew, Essence of Intellect

hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
Character Points: 1/10
Velocity: 1
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 3
Proficiencies: Coding 1, Culture 1, Engineering 2, Explosives 1, Technology 2 
Equipment: Drone (Standard Long Range Elemental Weapon), Utility Belt
Inventory: (2) Hampering, Contained Elemental Grenades, Plasma Potion
HYPE
Vitality: 2
Velocity: 1
Skill: 1
Proficiency: Melee Weapons 1
Equipment: XXX (Standard Melee Weapon)

51312754253_a894488f4d_t.jpg
Yissam♥ (CMP)
141-year-old feminine Stratitarian
Character Points: 0/10
Spirit: 2/3
Proficiencies:  Coding 1, Culture 2, Occult 1, Performance 1
Known Spells: Entropic Mending, Spirit Ally, Tongues
Credits: 10
Equipment: Prism Gauntlet (Standard long-range elemental weapon), AV Rig
Inventory: Essence of Glibness, Essence of Intellect

The Enemy

Greaser Raymond
Build:
Vitality: 2/7
Velocity: 3
Skills: Acrobatics 2, Engineering 2, Piloting 2
Equipment: 15 Credits, Rusty Wrench (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Passive 1: Not Looking to Die- Raymond does not die when his Vitality hits 0. Instead, he surrenders.
Passive 2: ...But Not Looking to Get Caught- If Raymond makes it to his hover-bike (Squares A1 or A2) and uses his action to start the engine, Raymond escapes.

Special Rule: You cannot move from B1, B2 and B3 into C1 and C2.

Kirwin attempt to grab the rusty wrench from the greaser's hands.

Kirwin says "Please stop we just want to hurt anybody we just want to ask some questions!"

Yissam♥ moves to C4 and dashes to B3. hoping to cut the greaser off in case he goes out the window.

HYPE moves to F2 and dashes to E1, looking hungry at the scent of someone who hasn't liked OR subscribed.

8 hours ago, Kintobor said:

This time, Bers grabs a hold of the greaser, his athleticism capable of grabbing a hold of his shoulders and keeping him in place. Panicking, the greaser swings a large, rusty wrench from his jacket at Bers which merely bounces off his armour, not even leaving a dent. The greaser's sweating intensifies as a result, the intimidating adamite's grip causing hims to look more worried than prior.

Bers looks down at the wrench and back up a the greaser. And upset by the sheer foolishness and annoyance of the Greaser says in a mechanicaly distorted voice.

"@lr1ght m3@tb@g, y0u w@nt t0 pl@y 1t r0ugh, th1s un1t will pl@y 1t r0ugh."

Bers moves into position as he prepares to attack with his greatsword."

Watching as the Adamites surround the Greaser and as the staticky form of HYPE fuzzes through the door, Merei feels pretty confident they have the battle in hand. She sits down quietly at the bar, and checks to see if there are any milkshakes people have left unattended in the commotion, not having the credits for another and feeling it isn't the exact right time to bother Bers. She does, however, lean back in the chair for a moment and direct her gaze at the warrior. "Play rough, but leave alive, yes?" She meditates as she looks for the shakes.

-Round 4-

The Heroes-

Bers moves to C2 and attacks Greaser Raymond- Bers Attack Check (3,5+1) Two Successes vs. Greaser's Defence (3,3) Zero Successes
Merei Meditates- Merei Occult Proficiency Check (2)  Merei loses one Spirit, but then gains one spirit, so... yeah....
Kirwin
HYPE
Yissam♥

Bers raises his chain greatsword into the air, its engine revving, readying another hit on the greaser in his grasp. Kirwin makes a futile attempt to take the greaser wrench away, but as HYPE looms behind Kirwin and Bers chainsaw looms overhead, greaser finally cracks, the sound of physical credits and the wrench-turned-impromptu weapon clanging on the ground.

"O-o-o-kay, okay! I give, I give! D-d-don't kill me and I'll tell you anything you want to know, ANYTHING!!"

As the greaser breaks down, shrinking to the ground and covering his head in fear, Merei attempts to meditate at the bar, finding a strawberry milkshake and musing over the current events unfolding before her but finding it difficult between the blasting jukebox, the static coming from HYPE, and the revving of Bers' chainsword. Yissam♥ continues to run around the side of the building, coming upon the greaser's hover bike. For all intents and purposes, combat was over!

The Heroes

Designation: B3R5 - 3rk (Dutch Thriceman)
Character Points: 1 / 11
Vitality: 6 / 6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 1, Athletics 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour), Shield Booster

51313574008_4f02c70724_o.jpg
Merei Teo
Age 24 Female, Helioi-Touched Celestial (Born Menahi)
Character Points: 1/11
Velocity: 2
Skill: 2
Spirit: 1/3
Proficiencies: Occult 1, Religion 1, Coding 1, Insight 1
Known Spells: Healing Light, Solar Flare, Gravity Sink
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)
Inventory: Æther Brew, Essence of Intellect

hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
Character Points: 2/11
Smarts: 3
Proficiencies: Coding 1, Culture 1, Engineering 2, Explosives 1, Technology 2 
Equipment: Drone (Standard Long Range Elemental Weapon), Utility Belt
Inventory: (2) Hampering, Contained Elemental Grenades, Plasma Potion
HYPE
Vitality: 2
Velocity: 1
Skill: 1
Proficiency: Melee Weapons 1
Equipment: XXX (Standard Melee Weapon)

51312754253_a894488f4d_t.jpg
Yissam♥ (CMP)
141-year-old feminine Stratitarian
Character Points: 1/11
Spirit: 2/3
Proficiencies:  Coding 1, Culture 2, Occult 1, Performance 1
Known Spells: Entropic Mending, Spirit Ally, Tongues
Credits: 10
Equipment: Prism Gauntlet (Standard long-range elemental weapon), AV Rig
Inventory: Essence of Glibness, Essence of Intellect

Loot!

-15 credits
-Rusty Wrench (Standard kinetic melee weapon)

---

The jukebox's music ends as the captured greaser cowers on the floor, nervously shaking as he anticipates the potential worst. His clothes are ripped and tattered from the fight, and despite a few smashed dishes, the diner is left fairly intact.

What do the heroes do?

OoC: Were we supposed to pick a leader to distribute loot?

Merei walks towards the Greaser, kicking credits with the tips of her feet as she goes. She takes his hand and leads him gently towards the bar, smiling at Flo. She seats him at a stool. "It'd been easier if you started with that attitude," she tells him warmly. "Glad we all came around."

"We are looking for a speeder. You know where it is. It is new, and it is red, and it is Haast. Someone took the tracking device out, but that's okay, because we have you to help us now."

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

"We are looking for a speeder. You know where it is. It is new, and it is red, and it is Haast. Someone took the tracking device out, but that's okay, because we have you to help us now."

"Mmmh, what she said. But not as nicely! In fact, she's being a lot more civil about this than I would be! Do you know how much my viewers LOOOVE seeing street justice in action?"

Yissam♥ takes the stool beside the greaser. HYPE sidles over to the stool on his other side, breathing static down the back of his neck. She leans against the counter, holding her AV Rig out in front of her, making sure to get the greaser's face into frame.

"Sweat a little more, why don't you. You're gonna be famous."

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Loot!

-15 credits
-Rusty Wrench (Standard kinetic melee weapon)

What do the heroes do?

As the fight is over the disembodied effeminate voice announces "Threat neutralized, weapon systems restrained, armor systems restrained, all systems cooling down. Cooling fluids down to 40%. Immediate resupply recommended." as the armor plating retracts vents blow out some steam. Bers looks at the loot, then grabs the Greaser by the collar and asks.

51260461662_82ed7809fe_t.jpg

"Hey you, friend... do you have any liquor! I need to resupply. My alcohol reserves are low, you won't like this unit when his alcohol reserves are low!"

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

OoC: Were we supposed to pick a leader to distribute loot?

Merei walks towards the Greaser, kicking credits with the tips of her feet as she goes. She takes his hand and leads him gently towards the bar, smiling at Flo. She seats him at a stool. "It'd been easier if you started with that attitude," she tells him warmly. "Glad we all came around."

1 hour ago, CMP said:

"Mmmh, what she said. But not as nicely! In fact, she's being a lot more civil about this than I would be! Do you know how much my viewers LOOOVE seeing street justice in action?"

Yissam♥ takes the stool beside the greaser. HYPE sidles over to the stool on his other side, breathing static down the back of his neck. She leans against the counter, holding her AV Rig out in front of her, making sure to get the greaser's face into frame.

"Sweat a little more, why don't you. You're gonna be famous."

MM Note: I'll leave it up to you as a group to determine party leader.

Flo pokes her head up from behind the counter, looking at the glass shattered across the floor. She looks as if she wishes to speak a piece of her mind, but the previous fight has left her doubtful of the outcome being in her favour. She quietly storms off into the kitchen, returning shortly thereafter with a broom, turning over a sign in the window from "OPEN" to "CLOSED".

The greaser, with Merei's kindness and HYPE breathing down his neck, sweats more profusely, not sure what happens next. His hands actively try and put distance between him and the summoned spirit, but it does little to help his breathing or his perspiring.

"L-l-look, alright, okay, I'm talking! A buddy and I took the speeder's tracker device out a couple of nights ago, okay? We-we-we hang out around here, looking for speeders to steal, and saw this brand spanking new blue Haast speeder. Her and I had never seen anything like it before, must've just came out of the factory. We trailed the speeder's owners to a motel, waited a few hours, hot wired the vehicle, and brought it here to take out the tracker so we could then take it to Sid. That was my part of the job! I got my cut and was told n-n-not to worry about it!"

1 hour ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

As the fight is over the disembodied effeminate voice announces "Threat neutralized, weapon systems restrained, armor systems restrained, all systems cooling down. Cooling fluids down to 40%. Immediate resupply recommended." as the armor plating retracts vents blow out some steam. Bers looks at the loot, then grabs the Greaser by the collar and asks.

"Hey you, friend... do you have any liquor! I need to resupply. My alcohol reserves are low, you won't like this unit when his alcohol reserves are low!"

Jostled around, the greaser squirms as Bers grabs him by the collar and man handles him.

"... no? I-I-I'm not looking to get pinched driving while under the influence, man. Look, just keep the chainsaw blade on a stick away and I'll tell you anything you want, but I don't have any alcohol on me, okay? Please..."

Edited by Kintobor

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Flo pokes her head up from behind the counter, looking at the glass shattered across the floor. She looks as if she wishes to speak a piece of her mind, but the previous fight has left her doubtful of the outcome being in her favour. She quietly storms off into the kitchen, returning shortly thereafter with a broom, turning over a sign in the window from "OPEN" to "CLOSED".

Kirwin watches Flo start sweeping. They picks up the credits and hand them to Flo. Kirwin says "Hopefully these will help with the damage caused."

Kirwin looks at the greaser and says "Are you the ones that keep damaging the diner's security cam? We can have Flo give us a call if that happens again so please stop from damaging their property! Now, Please tell us more about this Sid character. They definitely sound like the boss at the end of a piece of action related media!"

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"L-l-look, alright, okay, I'm talking! A buddy and I took the speeder's tracker device out a couple of nights ago, okay? We-we-we hang out around here, looking for speeders to steal, and saw this brand spanking new blue Haast speeder. Her and I had never seen anything like it before, must've just came out of the factory. We trailed the speeder's owners to a motel, waited a few hours, hot wired the vehicle, and brought it here to take out the tracker so we could then take it to Sid. That was my part of the job! I got my cut and was told n-n-not to worry about it!"

Jostled around, the greaser squirms as Bers grabs him by the collar and man handles him.

"... no? I-I-I'm not looking to get pinched driving while under the influence, man. Look, just keep the chainsaw blade on a stick away and I'll tell you anything you want, but I don't have any alcohol on me, okay? Please..."

"Okay, this is very important, listen very carefully and awnser truthfully if you value your fleshbag. Does this buddy or this Sid have any alcohol, oh and also were do we find them?"

6 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin watches Flo start sweeping. They picks up the credits and hand them to Flo. Kirwin says "Hopefully these will help with the damage caused."

Kirwin looks at the greaser and says "Are you the ones that keep damaging the diner's security cam? We can have Flo give us a call if that happens again so please stop from damaging their property! Now, Please tell us more about this Sid character. They definitely sound like the boss at the end of a piece of action related media!"

Flo takes the credits from Kirwin and shrugs.

51369481772_ecc916a452_o.jpg
"Well... it will cover some of it, and thanks for dealing with this. Hopefully this one will tell his mates not to show up around here again."

"Y-y-yes, we're the ones busting the cameras, alright? We didn't want any evidence of the stolen speeders coming to this diner so we broke them whenever they got put up.

Sid? Sid's the boss, you dig? He started our hoverbike club back in high school and we've been stealing speeders to earn some extra credits to keep mouths fed, you know? I don't know what Sid does with the speeders once we hand them off to him, but we don't keep them, alright? Y-y-you'd have to ask... him.... I guess... oh gods, just don't tell Sid I said this, alright?"

6 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Okay, this is very important, listen very carefully and awnser truthfully if you value your fleshbag. Does this buddy or this Sid have any alcohol, oh and also were do we find them?"

The greaser physically twitches as Bers speaks to him.

"Ah, okay, okay, okay! Mel and Sid probably have some beers back at where we take the speeders! It's a condominium complex a few layers down, about seven blocks east! Melbrook Heights! Sid's condo's on third floor, the building beneath it's a warehouse or something! Just keep the chainsword away from my jacket more than it already has been!"

"Alright, great news friends, this unit has aquired the important information. We must get to Melbrook Heights for the bee... speeder, yes that is right bespeeder that is uhm, calculating, Grovnak for 'fast speeder'... yes."

Bers looks excited and raring to go to Melbrook Heights. His processors flicker up for a few seconds as he contemplates Flo's predicament and takes another look at the Greaser.

"Oh and meatling, make sure your friends don't come around here and bother nice miss Flo and the good folks at the diner anymore. Wouldn't want anybody to be grinded into meat-paste now would we?"

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

OoC: I've been corrected that the speeder is BLUE, not red... even though red is so much cooler. :blush::laugh: Thanks for not punishing me for my mess up, Kinto!

Merei looks at Bers pumping the Greaser for information (and, more importantly, ensuring Flo's future safety) and Kirwin as they give the credits to Flo. She is proud of her team. Actually, better to vocalize that. "Good work, both of you. I'm proud of you. It seems our next stop is with someone named Sid. Flo? What is the best way to get to Melbrook Heights? Is there a public transit option?" She pats Raymond on the shoulder as she walks away from the bar. Lowering her voice as she comes to stand near Kirwin and Flo, she addresses the former. "Kirwin. Would you mind nipping ahead for a moment and maybe making sure that speeder out there won't be able to follow us too quickly, or rush ahead and alert Sid? I don't think it'd be fair to destroy his ride entirely, that it seems more than equal to take a part or two he'd need to replace."

She turns her attention back to Bers, hovering over the kid menacingly. "Bers. Will you be okay until we get to Sid's? I don't have any credits to offer, but if you need to go somewhere to recharge I can at least offer my company."

4 hours ago, Zepher said:

OoC: I've been corrected that the speeder is BLUE, not red... even though red is so much cooler. :blush::laugh: Thanks for not punishing me for my mess up, Kinto!

Merei looks at Bers pumping the Greaser for information (and, more importantly, ensuring Flo's future safety) and Kirwin as they give the credits to Flo. She is proud of her team. Actually, better to vocalize that. "Good work, both of you. I'm proud of you. It seems our next stop is with someone named Sid. Flo? What is the best way to get to Melbrook Heights? Is there a public transit option?" She pats Raymond on the shoulder as she walks away from the bar. Lowering her voice as she comes to stand near Kirwin and Flo, she addresses the former. "Kirwin. Would you mind nipping ahead for a moment and maybe making sure that speeder out there won't be able to follow us too quickly, or rush ahead and alert Sid? I don't think it'd be fair to destroy his ride entirely, that it seems more than equal to take a part or two he'd need to replace."

She turns her attention back to Bers, hovering over the kid menacingly. "Bers. Will you be okay until we get to Sid's? I don't have any credits to offer, but if you need to go somewhere to recharge I can at least offer my company."

Kirwin looks at the greaser and out the window toward the speeder.

"Well most likely that thing is full of stolen parts or purchased from money gained from selling stolen parts." Kirwin holds a finger up in the air. "Wouldn't it be fair to just take IT to our next destination? Otherwise I can certainly disable it. I've kind of learned a bit about explosions from my past history." Kirwin has a large smile on their face.

8 hours ago, Zepher said:

"Friend Merei, this unit will... probably be fine. ... But if we can stop for alcoholic beverages somewhere that would be preferable."

17 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin looks at the greaser and out the window toward the speeder.

"Well most likely that thing is full of stolen parts or purchased from money gained from selling stolen parts." Kirwin holds a finger up in the air. "Wouldn't it be fair to just take IT to our next destination? Otherwise I can certainly disable it. I've kind of learned a bit about explosions from my past history." Kirwin has a large smile on their face.

"I would feel bad leaving him without a ride permanently... but I defer to your judgment. Perhaps we can ride the speeder to Sid's, as you've suggested, and leave it there for him. We could probably use the practice, in case we need to drive the Haast home."

12 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Friend Merei, this unit will... probably be fine. ... But if we can stop for alcoholic beverages somewhere that would be preferable."

"Hm. Probably. Don't love the sound of that, but I know you know yourself better than I. We will push forward for now, but do let me know if you need to stop!" Merei picks up the wrench and hands it to Bers. "Probably best he doesn't have this either. Ready whenever everyone else is!"

3 minutes ago, Zepher said:

"I would feel bad leaving him without a ride permanently... but I defer to your judgment. Perhaps we can ride the speeder to Sid's, as you've suggested, and leave it there for him. We could probably use the practice, in case we need to drive the Haast home."

Looking out at the speeder through the window, Merei believes that it could likely fit two people, one driving and a second sharing the large, scuffed and beaten up seat. That being said, public transit was easily accessible and free, so there likely wouldn't me much of an issue in arriving together at Melbrook Heights at different times.

MM Note: I'm just waiting to see if CMP wishes to do something and then I'll move this along. :classic: