Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission#4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?

On 8/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, karmajay said:

Kirwin whispers to Flo, "Which vehicle does that person drive?"

Flo quickly points out the window to the speeder directly to the right of the diner, the one Kirwin was investigating earlier. The waitress quickly begins grabbing glasses and plates off the counter.

On 8/19/2021 at 11:58 AM, CMP said:

"Ah, with that kind of attitude, we'll be vying for the top slot in no time!"

Yissam♥ winks, with a short laugh and one final sip of her now-empty shake glass. Her eyes fall onto Bers, moving to intercept a diner.

"Now, I hate to cut such a lovely chat short, but I'm starting to suspect my friends over there might be onto something. Be a dear and send a friend request, won't you? Thanks!"

She stands, giving JanineXoX and her agent one last nod before rejoining the party, lingering near the front door just in case.

51370469868_e76751da5d_o.jpg
"I wouldn't have it any other way, Yissam♥." JanineXoX steps away from the bar, noticing the atmosphere tense up." Of course I'll send a friend request! Wouldn't want to make this too hostile, now would we? Now, uh, I think Tarrian and I are gonna step outside. I don't think either of us brought weapons?" JanineXoX looks to Tarrian who shakes his head.

51371245710_c74339ffee_o.jpg
"I think for your safety, JanineXoX, we'll be making our leave." Tarrian places a handful of credit on the counter and leaves the diner with the other patrons, JanineXoX shouting out to them to subscribe, follow and hit the like button as she's ushered out by Tarrian.

On 8/19/2021 at 5:20 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

Upon hearing this, as the punk leaves the washroom, Bers immediatly blocks his path.

51260461662_82ed7809fe_t.jpg
"Greetings Friend, me and my companions would like a quick word if you don't mind." He thinks for a second as he does not wish to cause a scene, straight away that is, and says "It concerns a Speeder related business oppertunity, you might find very beneficial, a little birdie told me you are the one to talk to."

Bers catches the punk off guard as he's exiting the washroom, singing to himself. His jovial attitude quickly shifts to one of panic as he looks up and notices the heroes in the diner.

51370473663_69449be7cf_o.jpg
"... 'cause I'm a sixty minute maaan- oh, uh...." The young greaser looks around, likely no older than 20. He adjusts his worn leather jacket as he scans across the room, realizing for the moment he's boxed in. He exhales a single nervous whistle note. The jukebox's current song ends as it slides the record back into the machine and begins to pull out a new tune to play, leaving a moment of silence in the diner. "Ah.... crumbs." The greaser makes an attempt to push his way past Bers and begins to make a dash for the door as the music from the jukebox picks up!

-PREPARE FOR COMBAT!-

51391066521_e32ceff31a_o.png

Initiative Roll:
Kirwin: (4) One Success
Yissam♥: (3) One Failure
Bers: (2,6) One Success
Merei: (3,4) One Success

The Heroes

Designation: B3R5 - 3rk (Dutch Thriceman)
Character Points: 0 / 10
Vitality: 6 / 6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 1, Athletics 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour), Shield Booster

51313574008_4f02c70724_o.jpg
Merei Teo
Age 24 Female, Helioi-Touched Celestial (Born Menahi)
Character Points: 0/10
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 3
Proficiencies: Occult 1, Religion 1, Coding 1, Insight 1
Known Spells: Healing Light, Solar Flare, Gravity Sink
Credits: 0
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)
Inventory: Æther Brew, Essence of Intellect

hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
Character Points: 1/10
Velocity: 1
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 3
Proficiencies: Coding 1, Culture 1, Engineering 2, Explosives 1, Technology 2 
Equipment: Drone (Standard Long Range Elemental Weapon), Utility Belt
Inventory: (2) Hampering, Contained Elemental Grenades, Plasma Potion

51312754253_a894488f4d_t.jpg
Yissam♥ (CMP)
141-year-old feminine Stratitarian
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies:  Coding 1, Culture 2, Occult 1, Performance 1
Known Spells: Entropic Mending, Spirit Ally, Tongues
Credits: 10
Equipment: Prism Gauntlet (Standard long-range elemental weapon), AV Rig
Inventory: Essence of Glibness, Essence of Intellect

The Enemy

Greaser Raymond
Build:
Vitality: 7/7
Velocity: 3
Skills: Acrobatics 2, Engineering 2, Piloting 2
Equipment: 15 Credits, Rusty Wrench (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Passive 1: Not Looking to Die- Raymond does not die when his Vitality hits 0. Instead, he surrenders.
Passive 2: ...But Not Looking to Get Caught- If Raymond makes it to his hover-bike (Squares A1 or A2) and uses his action to start the engine, Raymond escapes.

Special Rule: You cannot move from B1, B2 and B3 into C1 and C2.

---

MM Note: Welcome to the mission's first combat! If you have any questions, or if there's any issues with your stats, feel free to ask or let me know.

"Combat Initiative detected, Assault Mode activated, weapon systems restraints released, armor systems restraints released, all systems ready and operating at normal capacity." an effeminate mechanical disembodied voice blares out eminating somewhere from Bers. As the armor plating shifts around Bers his body, within miliseconds he is armored up and looking a lot less friendly.

51263128802_d3d0ff0e38_q.jpg

"Now why'd you have to do that meatbag, I was willing to talk." Bers sighs as he takes an Oppertunistic Attack* the Chain-Greatsword drops from his back on to the ground with an audible heavy *Thump* his arm swings around towards his back unnaturally and clutches the handle, he attempts to wack the punk with the flat side of the blade hoping to not damage him too badly and still get some information out of him.

*OOC: Considering the punk is trying to flee and I am an adjacent Melee User I believe Oppertunistic Attack can be used here, if I understand correctly.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

10 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Combat Initiative detected, Assault Mode activated, weapon systems restraints released, armor systems restraints released, all systems ready and operating at normal capacity." an effeminate mechanical disembodied voice blares out eminating somewhere from Bers. As the armor plating shifts around Bers his body, within miliseconds he is armored up and looking a lot less friendly.

51263128802_d3d0ff0e38_q.jpg

"Now why'd you have to do that meatbag, I was willing to talk." Bers sighs as he takes an Oppertunistic Attack* the Chain-Greatsword drops from his back on to the ground with an audible heavy *Thump* his arm swings around towards his back unnaturally and clutches the handle, he attempts to wack the punk with the flat side of the blade hoping to not damage him too badly and still get some information out of him.

*OOC: Considering the punk is trying to flee and I am an adjacent Melee User I believe Oppertunistic Attack can be used here, if I understand correctly.

MM Note: So, you will get an opportunistic attack if he moves away from you on the battle grid, so if he moves out of your melee weapons reach to E1 or E2. For the time being, you can just hit him. :thumbup:

Yissam♥ waves at the streamer and her agent leaving the diner, then turns her attention to the greaser. 

"Hiya. We've got some questions for you. Hope you don't mind!"

A ring of holographic livecode surrounds Yissam♥'s wrist as she raises her arm, firing a crystallizing beam at the greaser with her Prism Gauntlet.

My only question is I'm not sure what "build: 16" means? Also, RAW, I can't split movement, right? So I can't move over to Yissam, take an action, and then back to my spot? It says "once per turn when applicable." Also, finally, Tarrian mentioned a Haast red speeder. I understand that as totally different from Raymond's, yes?

Merei watches the others spring into action. She walks over to Yissam♥ (F2)"Control him, please." She says quietly as she rallies Yissam♥. She then raises her voice. "My adamite friends! Do not be concerned with stopping him with your bodies! I will watch over your health!"

3 minutes ago, Zepher said:

My only question is I'm not sure what "build: 16" means? Also, RAW, I can't split movement, right? So I can't move over to Yissam, take an action, and then back to my spot? It says "once per turn when applicable." Also, finally, Tarrian mentioned a Haast red speeder. I understand that as totally different from Raymond's, yes?

MM Note: Alright, each point as it's present:

-Build 16 refers to how many points of build I put into Raymond, just like when building a PC. I used 16 points of build when creating him for this encounter. It's a holdover from when I was tailoring the encounter, and it's not a stat that really gets used, so if it helps I can remove it.

-As far as rules are written, no, you cannot split your movement.

-The Haast red speeder is different from the one Raymond is trying to get to, yes.

Hopefully this helped. :classic:

OOC: It's hard to tell where I am in the diner from the battle grid but my goal is going to be to slip out the door of the diner and put the tracking device on his speeder in case he escapes. So to speed it up I will move as far as I can in that direction.

Edited by karmajay

-Round 1-

51396213473_f83702b698_o.png

-The Heroes-
Bers strikes Greaser Raymond-
Attack: (2,6 +1) Two Successes, Defence: (2,4) One Success. One Damage to Raymond
Merei Moves to F2 then Rallies Yissam♥- Merei's Skill added to Yissam♥'s next attack roll.
Kirwin moves to F1
Yissam♥ fires at Greaser Raymond-
Attack: (2,5 +1) Two Successes, Defence: (2,5) One Success. One Damage to Raymond

-The Enemy-
Greaser Ray Dashes to E2

The heroes move quickly into position as the greaser steps back from Bers's Chain Greatsword as it rips across the fabric of his cloth shirt, a yelp of panic leaping out of his lungs Looking to get away from Ber's threat range, the greaser leaps and slides across the counter as Yissam♥'s fire from her Prism Gauntlets force him to tuck himself in like a turtle, the shots singing his jackets. Merei's guidance allows the Stratitarian's shots to hit true as Kirwin steps back to get into position to dash out of the diner. The greaser steps in front of the wall of heroes, his footwork suggesting he was going to make a run through the heroes.

"I'm not sticking around for this!"

The Heroes

Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour), Shield Booster

Merei Teo
Spirit: 3
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)

hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)

Yissam♥ (CMP)
Spirit: 3/3

The Enemy

Greaser Raymond
Build:
Vitality: 5/7
Passive 1: Not Looking to Die- Raymond does not die when his Vitality hits 0. Instead, he surrenders.
Passive 2: ...But Not Looking to Get Caught- If Raymond makes it to his hover-bike (Squares A1 or A2) and uses his action to start the engine, Raymond escapes.

MM Note: Let me know if there's any issues. :thumbup:

Edited by Kintobor

OoC: I apologize, truly just trying to learn the system, so maybe this is dumb - should Bers have gotten an opportunity attack, even though they also got a regular attack?

"Kirwin, do what you will do. I don't want to lose him here, but I think you are right to prepare for that, should it happen." Merei turns to Yissam and Bers. "That being said, I'd like him to stay. Let's make that happen." She turns to Raymond. "Please. Stay." She casts gravity fissure on Raymond, trying to yank him to D1. If it works, she steps to E2.

51263128802_d3d0ff0e38_t.jpg

"Drack, why do they always have to run, you know considering I'm using a melee weapon. That is really inconvenient for this unit!" Bers intentionally shouts out at the Greaser Punk.

He uses his velocity to dash (and Position himself) towards the Greaser, using the momentum to try and take another one of his non-lethal swings to attack, the Chain-Greatsword being flailed around in a single arm as the servos are working at max capacity to handle the weight.

OOC: I believe all I can do right now is Dash and Attack, I could 'Try Something' but I doubt MM would allow me to say try and toss the Chain-Greatsword at the Greaser to make him fall down to the ground.

Edited for Special Action, Position.

57 minutes ago, Zepher said:

OoC: I apologize, truly just trying to learn the system, so maybe this is dumb - should Bers have gotten an opportunity attack, even though they also got a regular attack?

"Kirwin, do what you will do. I don't want to lose him here, but I think you are right to prepare for that, should it happen." Merei turns to Yissam and Bers. "That being said, I'd like him to stay. Let's make that happen." She turns to Raymond. "Please. Stay." She casts gravity fissure on Raymond, trying to yank him to D1. If it works, she steps to E2.

MM Note: Due to Raymond Dashing as his action, Bers did not get an opportunity attack.

32 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

OOC: I believe all I can do right now is Dash and Attack, I could 'Try Something' but I doubt MM would allow me to say try and toss the Chain-Greatsword at the Greaser to make him fall down to the ground.

You could dash or attack. Dashing doubles your movement. If you'd like to throw your great sword, you could. I'd consider it an athletics check vs. Raymond's acrobatics for him to avoid being hit by the weapon. I'd also consider Bers' athletics check being Unlucky, considering a great sword isn't designed to be thrown, it's designed to be kept in hand. If the athletics check succeeds, it goes straight to Bers rolling for his attack roll. Bers would also need to pick up his weapon afterwards.

44 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

MM Note: Due to Raymond Dashing as his action, Bers did not get an opportunity attack.

You could dash or attack. Dashing doubles your movement. If you'd like to throw your great sword, you could. I'd consider it an athletics check vs. Raymond's acrobatics for him to avoid being hit by the weapon. I'd also consider Bers' athletics check being Unlucky, considering a great sword isn't designed to be thrown, it's designed to be kept in hand. If the athletics check succeeds, it goes straight to Bers rolling for his attack roll. Bers would also need to pick up his weapon afterwards.

18 minutes ago, Duvors said:

Also, @Dutch Thriceman, while throwing your sword could be done, there's no reason to. Ray is only one square away from you, less than your Velocity of two, meaning you could simply use the Position Special Action (which is free but can only be done once per turn) and use your regular Action (Only one per turn of any kind) to Attack normally.

OOC: I'll do as Duvors said and use PSA + Attack

Kirwin says "Heck it may be too late, if he leaves now we'll lose any element of surprise! We need to keep him here!"

Kirwin Rallies Merei

OOC: I'm assuming the door is BEHIND the three of us.

Edited by karmajay

OoC: Gotcha on the Dash. Figured that’s what stopped it, but didn’t see that effect under the Dash action in the Rules. See now it’s instead under Opportunistic Attack.

Merei grabs Kirwin’s hand as he goes to rally her. “I will not be trading blows with our friend Raymond here. Better to rally another or try to knock him out yourself. Though I fear we may not be able to stop him. He is very very quick. Still, our best efforts are required.”

3 hours ago, karmajay said:

OOC: I'm assuming the door is BEHIND the three of us.

Since this may affect some of your actions, the door out of the building is F3. You do not need to worry about using an action to open the door or anything of that nature to attack through it.

I will be editing the Round's map to reflect the mistakes I made, namely Merei and Kirwin's position as they should be flipped.

OOC: Ok somehow I ended up further from the door lol

Kirwin says "Heck it may be too late, if he leaves now we'll lose any element of surprise! We need to keep him here!"

Kirwin attempts to tackle the greaser to slow him down.

"Hmm. He's fast! Should make this a liiiitle more interesting..."

With a grin, Yissam♥ spins the glowing core of her armored dress. A spiral of holographic code projects out of it, that she manipulates at lightning speed. Behind her, reality seems to warble and distort slightly, a static-laden, semi-corporeal spirit ally in the form of a Lesser Familiar attempting to twitch into reality behind her in square E4. 

Edited by CMP

MM Note: I don't believe Yissam♥ can actually cast Common familiar, as she does not have enough proficiency points in Occult to cast it, @CMP. I do believe she can cast Lesser Familiar, though. I'll let you reconsider your action before running the round.

28 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

MM Note: I don't believe Yissam♥ can actually cast Common familiar, as she does not have enough proficiency points in Occult to cast it, @CMP. I do believe she can cast Lesser Familiar, though. I'll let you reconsider your action before running the round.

Then I'm receiving a lot of conflicting information. :laugh: Lesser Familiar is fine. 

-Round 2-

51399701307_1edacdc129_o.png

-The Heroes-
Bers moves to D2, Strikes Greaser Raymond:
Attack: (2,4 +1) Two Successes, Defence: (1,6) One Success. One Damage to Raymond
Merei Evokes Pulling Point on Raymond- Occult Proficiency Check: (5) Success! Raymond pulled to E1, -1 vitality. -1 Spirit Merei Moves to E2.
Kirwin moves to E1 and Attempts to Tackle Raymond: Kirwin Athletics Proficiency Check (1,2,3) Three Failures vs. Raymond Acrobatics Proficiency Check (1,3,3,5,5) Two Successes. Raymond is not tackled.
Yissam♥ Evokes Lesser Ally- -1 Spirit

-The Enemies-
Greaser Raymond attempts to push through Kirwin to F2:
Raymond Athletics Proficiency Check (1,4,5) Two Successes vs. Kirwin Athletics Proficiency Check (2,6,6) Two Success. Failure!

Spiritual Ally Initiative Roll: (5) One Success

Bers continues to pursue the greaser through the diner as a second swing of his chainsword nicks the back of his quarry's jacket, shredding a large hole into the leather. Merei, seeing the party's target prepare to bolt, pushes him back against the counter with her evocation of the Pulling Point spell, moving forward to attempt to box him along with her other party members. Kirwin moves in alongside Merei in an attempt to grapple their foe, but the greaser proves to be as slippery as his hair is slick, and manages to keep the robot at bay, despite being unable to rush past him.

"Come on, you bucket of bolts, out of the way! Move!"

Meanwhile, Yissam♥ attempts to evoke a Lesser Ally, although comes up short, failing to summon anything as flickers of sparks fizzle into nothingness. succeeds at summoning an ally.

The Heroes

Merei Teo
Spirit: 2/3

hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
51399929175_44b1412021_t.jpg
Lesser Ally
Vitality: 2
Velocity: 1
Skill: 1
Proficiency: Melee Weapons 1
Equipment: XXX (Standard Melee Weapon)

Yissam♥ (CMP)
Spirit: 2/3

The Enemy

Greaser Raymond
Build:
Vitality: 3/7

Edited by Kintobor

"Oh, you have to be kidding me!...this is so NOT going in the highlight reel!"

Yissam♥ smashes the device with her palm, rearranging some code and attempting to again cast Spirit Ally to summon a Lesser Familiar, this time in square F2.

Now that the Greaser is flung behind the bar, Bers sees his oppertunity and takes it.

"Alright friends let me try something here and you fleshbag, hold still!"

As the Greaser has been temporarily halted thanks to Merei, Bers tries to use his Strength to hold the Greaser down in place so that his companions can question him.

ooc: if Bers isn't allowed to try to use his strength to hold the Greaser then he will Attack instead.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Now that the Greaser is flung behind the bar, Bers sees his oppertunity and takes it.

"Alright friends let me try something here and you fleshbag, hold still!"

As the Greaser has been temporarily halted thanks to Merei, Bers tries to use his Strength to hold the Greaser down in place so that his companions can question him.

ooc: if Bers isn't allowed to try to use his strength to hold the Greaser then he will Attack instead.

MM Note: So, I don't think I'd allow a straight use of Bers' strength, but using your Athletics to grapple with the greaser I would allow. Also, Yissam♥'s Lesser Ally should have went off, so I will be adding it to the battle map when I get a chance. CMP, any suggestion on what you want the ally to look like? I can see what I can do in creating one.