zinnn

Old monkey vs new monkey

So… the new monkey mould has been in for a while now, are you using it?  I haven’t bought it yet, may BrickLink it at some point but it still doesn’t convince me

22 hours ago, zinnn said:

So… the new monkey mould has been in for a while now, are you using it?  I haven’t bought it yet, may BrickLink it at some point but it still doesn’t convince me

I adore most animals but the monkey doesn't do anything for me. The pose just feels wrong. I'm going to stick to the classic monkey, regardless of scale. Maybe if the new one could swing from the rigging with a banana and a bottle of grog like the old ones I'd be more tempted...

I grapped the 30570 polybag because it was a great affordable way to get the new monkey. He looks really cute perched on Barracuda Bay, but for playability you just can't beat the old monkey. I suspect it's a case  of reducing the number of minifigures in a set--the new monkeys are basically elements, but the old monkeys require the size and parts of a minifigure. Ah well, variety is always good when it comes to animals...