gilderoy_blockhart

[MOC] - HP Hogsmeade Village - Part 1: Honeydukes

Greetings,

Long time reader, first time poster - I finally built up the nerve ! I've been building a modular Hogsmeade Village MOC over the last year while we went in and out of lockdown. My first instalment is my version of Honeydukes. I finished this long before Lego's recent wave so I don't have any of the cool pieces or figures from that set. I will be posting more modules of the village as I finish photographing them. Hope you enjoy it.

51156033124_12bdd36373_z.jpg

Daytime outside Honeydukes by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51156033289_73e13dd3ab_z.jpg

Evening at Honeydukes by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51156354110_10b6f23757_z.jpg

Honeydukes Interior by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51156033989_646dd8f79a_z.jpg

Honeydukes Interior by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51155301452_e3eaae958c_z.jpg

"Three's a Crowd..." by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51156353650_d0795bb1ee_z.jpg

Self control by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

Nice MOC. The exterior could be a bit more detailed, with extra texture to the grey walls. I don't know why exactly, but Hogsmead feels to me a bit more run down on the exterior. The inside though is sweet as a candy. Specially the drinks section,  well done.

On 7/18/2021 at 2:10 AM, Redhead1982 said:

Nice MOC. The exterior could be a bit more detailed, with extra texture to the grey walls. I don't know why exactly, but Hogsmead feels to me a bit more run down on the exterior. The inside though is sweet as a candy. Specially the drinks section,  well done.

Thanks.

I agree, in the movies and in Orlando they do look quite rundown. I wasn't so interested in being sticking to what's seen on screen. Rather I was more interested in capturing the spirit of the different stores in the village first, and trying out different building techniques second. It's meant to be loosely inspired and not canon.  :classic:

I love this! It looks so warm and inviting! I also think that Harry Potter properties especially are open to interpretation; I had a fully realized Hogsmeade (and Hogwarts!) in my mind before I ever saw a movie, thanks to the wonderful books! I can't wait to see your next installments! 

On 7/20/2021 at 10:12 PM, f2iso100 said:

I love this! It looks so warm and inviting! I also think that Harry Potter properties especially are open to interpretation; I had a fully realized Hogsmeade (and Hogwarts!) in my mind before I ever saw a movie, thanks to the wonderful books! I can't wait to see your next installments! 

100% agree. The way I see it, the movies are but one interpretation. No need to be a slave to the screen, right ? Even the Lego official releases are an interpretation of an interpretation as well.

Great job with this! I especially like the icee/slurpee and the cotton candy machines. (And the way you redefined "rock candy"... :laugh:) The interior is so well done. 

Edited by krimimimi