Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #1: Mercenaries On the Boreal Express

5 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: Missing when jumping from a train is not recommended. :laugh:

OoC: 

Spoiler

Indeed! 😬
I was hoping that Yelana would at least be able to catch the side of the door, then be able to pull herself into the ship. 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OoC: 

Hide contents

Indeed! 😬
I was hoping that Yelana would at least be able to catch the side of the door, then be able to pull herself into the ship. 

MM Note: There are degrees of failure, miss by 1 you might be able to grab it and then make another athletics check on the next turn to try and pull yourself up. Miss by 2 or more, you might not be that lucky.

3 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: There are degrees of failure, miss by 1 you might be able to grab it and then make another athletics check on the next turn to try and pull yourself up. Miss by 2 or more, you might not be that lucky.

OoC: 

Spoiler

Zaria would be the better choice, due to her position and Athletics proficiency, but she seems determined to stay on the train. 😕

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

OoC: 

Hide contents

Zaria would be the better choice, due to her position and Athletics proficiency, but she seems determined to stay on the train. 😕

MM Note: Each of you control your own character and make your own decisions. Please have an action selected, I'd like to run the next round before the end of the night.

10 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: Each of you control your own character and make your own decisions. Please have an action selected, I'd like to run the next round before the end of the night.

OoC: 

Spoiler

I know. 👍
Yelana will attack Slice (Post updated accordingly): 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

MM Note: Technically Entropic Reversal is a Nature/Occult spell, so in order to have both that and Elemental Evocation, Soren would have to have the Nature proficiency instead of Arcane. Not going to worry about it now, but keep that in mind when respecing your character Legonater.

51491301653_bc34ece5de_b.jpg

Soren begins to mend part of the train as the wall slowly begins to meld back together. Yelana takes out one of Slice's duplicates as Zaria attempt to tackle the O'Kor'uk. With his options limiting, Slice swings out and nearly drops Soren leaving the pilot with a gashing wound.

Round 10
Soren casts Momentary Reversal - (5, +1) 2 Successes = 2 Rounds wall is repaired, -1 to Flee (-1 Spirit)
Yelana vs. Agent Slice - (5, +2) 3 Successes vs. (2) Hits Duplicate, -1 Duplicate
Zaria Athletics Proficiency vs. Agent Slice Acrobatics Proficiency - (4,1,2,2) 1 Success vs. (1,2,1,2) 0 Successes = Slice Velocity reduced to 0 while grappled

Blackguard Agent Slice vs. Soren - (1,4, +1) 2 Successes vs. (4,1) 1 Success = 1 Damage

51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg
"You're going to have to choose Elf, your ally or me."

Enemy

51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg
Blackguard Agent Slice
Vitality: 2/5
Velocity: 2 0
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1/2
Proficiencies: Acrobatics 1, Melee Weapons 2, Perception 1, Arcana 1, Stealth 1
Spells Known: Quantum Transposition, Illusory Clone
Credits: 5
Equipment: Beam Blade (Standard Energy Melee Weapon), Tactical Leathers (Standard Energy Armor), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Standard Issue Security Blaster (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Plasma Potion, Energy Source (Mission Specific Item)

Party

51159739184_6833cca547_o.png
Zaria Kanara (Kintobor)
226 Year Old Female Elf
Character Points: 1/11
Vitality: 6/6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 2
Spirit: 0/2
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Religion 1, Melee Weapons 2
Known Spells: Warding Bond, Solar Flare
Credits: 0
Equipment: Power Khopesh (Standard Kintetic Melee Weapon), Dune Sea Armour (Standard Kinetic Armour)
Inventory: Repeating Slug Thrower (Standard Kintetic Long Range Weapon)

189444369_933832327392718_3084432536823807458_n.jpg
Soren Aeolus (The Legonater)
31-year-old male Human
Vitality: 1/5
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 1/2
Proficiencies: Arcana 1, Insight 1, Piloting 2, Short-Range Weapons 1
Credits: 10
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Entropic Mending
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged standard energy weapon)
Inventory: Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Vibro-Knife (Melee Standard Energy Weapon), Project File Folder (Mission Item)

49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 
Unknown age Female Human. 
Vitality: 6/6
Skill: 3 
Spirit: 1/1
Proficiencies: Artillery Weapons 1, Perception 1, Deception 1, Arcana 1 
Known Spells: Obfuscate 
Equipment: Modular Sniper Rifle (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon), Farsight Goggles, Radiation Gauntlet (Standard Energy Armor)
Inventory: Plasma Potion x2, Cloaking Generator

Zaria grappled with Slice, wincing as Soren is slashed at once again. She tightened her grip, digging her nails into his armour.

"While I have a hold of you, you shall no longer hurt my comrades! Soren, move! Yelana, I need you to continue firing at Slice!"

Zaria continues to grapple Slice, trying to drag him to E1 while moving herself to E2.

OOC: I have no idea if this is possible, and if it's not that's totally understandable.

Edited by Kintobor

48 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria grappled with Slice, wincing as Soren is slashed at once again. She tightened her grip, digging her nails into his armour.

"While I have a hold of you, you shall no longer hurt my comrades! Soren, move! Yelana, I need you to continue firing at Slice!"

Zaria continues to grapple Slice, trying to drag him to E1 while moving herself to E2.

OOC: I have no idea if this is possible, and if it's not that's totally understandable.

MM Note: It’s possible, just a contested roll.

7 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: It’s possible, just a contested roll.

Cool. I think my action remains the same. Thank you! :thumbup:

Yelana will shoot Slice if Zaria manages to drag him away. If Zaria does not, Yelana defends Soren. 

51495461937_673ef2620a_b.jpg

As the O'Kor'uk struggles to escape Zaria's grapple, Soren retreats out of harms way and fires a blast at Agent Slice wounding the real thing. Yelana beefs up the pilot's defenses as the damaged wall begins to revert back to its open state. The Blackguard agent tries one last gambit and teleports out of the Elf's grasp, preparing to throw himself out of the train.

Round 11
Soren moves to G3
Soren vs. Agent Slice - (4,+1) 2 Successes vs. (1) Hits Slice (3,4,+1) 2 Successes = 0 Damage
Zaria Athletics Proficiency vs. Agent Slice Acrobatics Proficiency - (5,1,1,2) 1 Success vs. (6,5,6,2) 3 Successes = Slice doesn't move
Yelana Defends Soren - +2 Dice to next Defensive Combat Check

Agent Slice casts Minor Transport - Slice moves to G1 (-1 Spirit), no longer Grappled

"Ouch, that one would have hurt... and looks like your wall is coming down."

Enemy

51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg
Blackguard Agent Slice
Equipment: Beam Blade (Standard Energy Melee Weapon), Tactical Leathers (Standard Energy Armor), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Standard Issue Security Blaster (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Plasma Potion, Energy Source (Mission Specific Item)

Party

Zaria Kanara (Kintobor)
226 Year Old Female Elf
Equipment: Power Khopesh (Standard Kintetic Melee Weapon), Dune Sea Armour (Standard Kinetic Armour)

31-year-old male Human
Inventory: Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Vibro-Knife (Melee Standard Energy Weapon), Project File Folder (Mission Item)

Equipment: Modular Sniper Rifle (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon), Farsight Goggles, Radiation Gauntlet (Standard Energy Armor)

Quick note - I just realized that when I tried to cast Elemental Bolt and failed, I didn't lose any Spirit points. Is that intentional?

10 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Quick note - I just realized that when I tried to cast Elemental Bolt and failed, I didn't lose any Spirit points. Is that intentional?

MM Note: It was not, looks like I forgot to account for it. On the plus side Meditate is now an action, so you can restore Spirit to yourself that way. Your stats have been adjusted.

OOC: I started my first day back to work today AND we're having the federal election today in Canada, so my participation may be spotty tonight.

Zaria watches Slice slip through her fingers as he teleports away. She notices her quarry preparing to leave.

"You are not slipping away that easily!" Zaria attempts to grapple Slice again.

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

OOC: Yelana will rally Soren. 

MM Note: I'm going to assume you want Yelana to rally Soren before he shoots. I've been trying to run the battle order in the same round as the previous round. For future rounds, please state a new battle order if you'd like actions taken in a different order, otherwise I will assume you want to use the same order as the previous round.

51495461937_673ef2620a_b.jpg

Zaria once more tackles the O'Kor'uk as Soren destroys another duplicate. Agent Slice tries to wound the elf, but Zaria's grapple proves to effective and he can't manage to strike her with any force.

Round 12
Yelana Rallies Soren - +2 Dice to next Offensive Combat Check
Soren vs. Agent Slice - (6,6,6+1) 4 Successes vs. (3) Hits Duplicate, 1 Duplicate removed
Zaria Athletics Proficiency vs. Agent Slice Acrobatics Proficiency - (5,4,4,4) 4 Success vs. (2,6,2,2) 1 Successes = Slice Grappled (Velocity reduced to 0)

Agent Slice vs. Zaria - (3,1,+1) 1 Success vs. (3,5) 2 Successes = 0 Damage

"Looks like I'm going to have to bring you down first, huh Elf?"

Enemy

51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg51263193516_8424bdbf22_t.jpg
Blackguard Agent Slice
Velocity: 2 0

Party

Zaria Kanara (Kintobor)
226 Year Old Female Elf

31-year-old male Human

It's a shame we don't have a system for critical hits, because what a roll! :oh:

'Right, well, we have a couple o' options. We could all just repeat until Slice is on the floor, or next round Yelana and I could repeat and then Zaria could get a good hit in potentially ending the whole thing. Jus' depends if we want to drag this out any longer than we already have. 

Zaria continues to grapple Slice. Same turn order as last round.

"Soren, aim well and true! Yelana, same as before! We can end this here and now!"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"You will try, and you will fail!" Zaria growls. "Crossing blades with me is the last mistake you will make!"

Sure thing.

Soren stayed put, aiming again with his weapon. Shooting a restrained target was hardly sporting, but at least it helped him work on his aim. With an icy breath, he focused, hoping this would be his final shot, and fired at Slice.

I don't know how you feel about this, WBD, but assuming Round 13 ends with A) Slice still standing, and B) Slice still grappled, it would probably be fair to auto-roll Round 14 as well? Just for the sake of expediency. 

21 hours ago, The Legonater said:

'Right, well, we have a couple o' options. We could all just repeat until Slice is on the floor

20 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria continues to grapple Slice. Same turn order as last round.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

OOC: Yelana repeats.

OoC: 

Spoiler

Yelana should shoot the tank in H1, going first in the turn order. If she successfully hits the tank, such that it explodes along the E1/F1/G1 line, the battle would be over immediately (as the tank will deal 3 Elemental damage, and it will hit the real Slice). 

22 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Zaria once more tackles the O'Kor'uk as Soren destroys another duplicate. Agent Slice tries to wound the elf, but Zaria's grapple proves to effective and he can't manage to strike her with any force.

"Okay, now this is just getting annoying." 

20 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Crossing blades with me is the last mistake you will make!"

"Actually, that'd be the next-to-last mistake he's made - I've got it from here; You and Soren just stay where you are.

22 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Pierce was right: You really need to work on paying attention to your surroundings. <Set to kill - Target locked.>" 
Yelana aims her rifle at the lefthand edge of the tank in H1 and fires

Edited by Classic_Spaceman