aniszek1

[MOC][WIP] John Deere 8RX model in 1:17 scale

CVT isn't involved in the 4wd ratio's. Tractors have fully lockable 4 wheel drive with just a gear ratio to compensate for the wheel size difference, drive to the front axle is engaged/disengaged via a clutch, which is why tyre sizes need to be from the same Group. For example Group46 for front and rear to maintain the ratio,

CVT just replaces the gearbox to provide ground speed control. Its just a posh transmission. The output from the CVT is just like a normal gearbox output, it goes to the rear axle full time, and the front axle via a clutch.

The exception of course is the latest Fendt that use Hydrostatic IVT transmissions, separate ones for each axle.. but that i fear is currently beyond technic!(at least in a sensible scale!!)

6 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

The exception of course is the latest Fendt that use Hydrostatic IVT transmissions, separate ones for each axle.. but that i fear is currently beyond technic!(at least in a sensible scale!!)

That was what I was writing about; in your mentioned Group 46 tires there is an example with Fendt 5 series; 650/65R38 rear tires (group 46) and 540/65R28 front tires (group 41). JCB Fastrac 4000 series does not need it because it has all 4 tires either group 42 or group 43 tires

...as you mentioned in first part of your post...:thumbup:

2 hours ago, mktechniccreations said:

I saw similar bonet design somewhere... 

I started designing this model in March. Probably after I saw the MOC CASE QUADTRAC 620. Searching the entire internet for materials as well as with other lego models MOC. So it's possible that I came across a similar design somewhere. This version of the mask is probably my 3rd version, probably not the last one, because I don't like it. Next to it is one of the variations of the previous versions.

51272008412_f5feb694c7_w.jpg27-06-2021 by Piotr Aniszewski, on Flickr

Little progres of hood. Now I'm waiting again for the rest of the green bricks from the store. and in the meantime I started designing a floating three-point linkage. Unfortunately, I do not have much free time, because I am working and renovating my real tractor at the same time. So work and topic updates will be rare. I already have a concept, but I am afraid that due to the front-wheel drive, steering mechanism, and the intricacies of the various slants and connections of the hood, my plan with a floating mechanism may fail.

I was curious becouse friend of mine is doing same thing. and he posted same bonet week or soo earlier

but i will use analogy for now that some bricks must be connected this way to make this shape. and similarity is to be expected. 

Good luck.