Oky

[Concept Art] – Moff Gideon's Crashed TIE Fighter

My entry is a recreation of the concept art for the final scene of season 1 of The Mandalorian where Moff Gideon emerges from his crashed TIE Fighter with the Darksaber.

While the final scene ended up looking very similar, there are still some key differences. For starters, the setting is during daylight, not sunset, and the TIE Fighter appears to be heavier damaged Also, the hole that Gideon cut into the hull with the Darksaber is missing and the Jawas are still in the shot as he stands atop his ship. This is likely because in the concept art the fighter seems to have crashed right side up instead of upside down, meaning that the hatch on top isn't obstructed, giving Gideon no reason to cut his way out of the cockpit and scare the Jawas off. What I really like about this concept art is how Gideon has a much more dynamic pose with his cape and the smoke behind him flowing in the wind.

51235430799_028b5b07e9_c.jpg

Reference:

the-mandalorian-chapter-8-concept-art-ga

51234652446_903f943894_c.jpg

51235430764_20beaa261e_c.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

What a nice frame, I mean a concept art! Do like the damaged right wing and the smoke (almost wrote snoke) made of heads and hair pieces. 

On 6/7/2021 at 7:58 AM, caiman0637 said:

Wow! Excellent parts usage!

Thank you!

On 6/7/2021 at 6:31 PM, MaceWindu said:

What a nice frame, I mean a concept art! Do like the damaged right wing and the smoke (almost wrote snoke) made of heads and hair pieces. 

Haha, thanks! I'm glad I finally found a use for all those Harry Potter hair pieces. :grin:

I hope I can count on your vote. :classic:

Great job and usage on those hairpieces gives a lot of motion to the build :) I also like the way you build the damage on the wings. Good luck ;) 

Great parts usage for the damaged wings and accurate shot with the reference material. Those hairpieces look excellent in the build. Nice touch with the grey Jawas.