KimT

2008 Picture thread

Sure as hell better not be $110. That would not be cool. But we know it's $40

Yup, which is why I don't understand TBHH. :sceptic:

It looks more like sand blue, for me. :tongue:

@ booger: The Yoda head is actually the same head like from the other Yodas.

High-res AAT pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tompo/qw...ets/8018-10.jpg

normal Yoda pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/carrysky...nifigs/yoda.jpg

But I think that they will change the Yoda head. Who wants ugly TCW Yoda?^^

:laugh:

Well, at least I don't see it. That's YOUR sand blue Bricklink order, then! :grin:

Anyway, where'd you find that pic? I think we all want to see hi-res versions of these... :oh:

Plus, I see Mace Windu's lightsaber in the upper left section of that pic. :tongue:

It's strange that when Lego makes the Tie Fighters more realistic everybody starts complaining, it's not really the biggest change they have done so far. I think this is finally a good change.

Agreed. I mean, blue is fun but grey actually looks like the Galactic Empire. The Empire always was grey, black, and white. Grey AT-STs, grey AT-ATs, white 'n' black stormies/scouties, black Navy Troopers, grey or black Imp Officers, black Sith Lords, black-cloaked Emperors, grey Death Stars, grey Star Destroyers, grey starships, black Death Star Droids, oh the list goes on... :grin:

I donĀ“t said that I wanted to have a sandblue TIE. :tongue::tongue:

I buy just one Assassian Pack, 9 Clone Packs, the Twin Vulture (possibly twice for mocing a 7678 HMP and for the Navy Battledroids) and an AAT.^^

Anyway, the pictures are from a friendly shop assistant, who has the newest catalouge. High-Res versions are coming in the next (few) week(s), possibly.

While they didn't change Yodas head to a Clone Wars style, I like that they changed the torso and took his little pipe instrument off and made it more of a jedi torso, like he had in the PT. I also like the new Tie Advanced. While it looks design wise pretty much the same as the old one, I like the color change. Hasbro has already gone to making Tie Fighters that are gray and black like they should be, and I am glad Lego has followed suit.

Edited by SWMAN

Well, I'm buying 10 Clone BPs, and an AAT or two to start with. I mean, $100 (and $8 if you add tax) for 30 Clones and 10 gunners is a great deal. And sice I modded my RGS to comfortably fit 20 20 figs side by side, I'd still start with 10 ground troops. OOH I cant wait.

And here is the cloak I'm talking about. For Yoda it would eb shorter and in tan with his body all brown. And same goes for them to fit all the other Jedi.

And here is the cloak I'm talking about. For Yoda it would eb shorter and in tan with his body all brown. And same goes for them to fit all the other Jedi.

Well I think that would be a great idea, since your right they don't actually wear capes, this would be a very cool idea indeed, although I wonder if it would be very expensive to make which is why they haven't done it yet?

It's bley. And I would be willing to pay a little more for a 100% spot on minifig. They shouldn't be too much more though. And while I'm at it, they should put backplates on the Battle Droids.

Agreed. It looks more blue than grey.

That the color white has in space when special effects weren't that easy to make.

Well I think that would be a great idea, since your right they don't actually wear capes, this would be a very cool idea indeed, although I wonder if it would be very expensive to make which is why they haven't done it yet?

Nothing is entirely out of the question. We did get those interesting skirts for Asajj Ventress...

Crap, nevermind. I read that it was fake, so I should learn to read the fine print.

Edited by Justin2224

Crap, nevermind. I read that it was fake, so I should learn to read the fine print.

What was/is?

Has anyone looked at the first jedi news on the first post. It shows the possible new summer 09 sets. They sound famailiar but really good.

Edited by CloneMe

Nothing is entirely out of the question. We did get those interesting skirts for Asajj Ventress...

Well that is very true, hopefully those will be made eventually, I know they would be a pretty big hit =]

So far it looks like we will get the Y-wing, endor Battle, Separatist Shuttle, and Venator. Reason being, they have been on all of the rumor lists so far. But that's probably only about half the list, since we usually get 8 sets in the summer, and 09 is teh 10th anneversary, so we may get mire. And we thought that this year was expensive.......

I am very curious as to what we may get with the Seperatist Shuttle and the Venator. Both are seen for short distances, and we've never actually had any scenes of inside the ships.

Well, we have seen the inside of the Venator.

Clone Wars:

Bridge

Hologram room

Episode III:

Turbolaser Hangar

Hangar

Bridge

And the rest of the entirier is pretty much the same as the other Star Destroyer classes. And plus, on 6211, they got the outside right, but the inside was way off. So they should get the out side right at least. And the Separatist Shuttle we may not have as many inside shots of, but we know it has a large cockpit (ideal peice would be Slave 1 cockpit), and a ramp. So, they should be easy to make. I still really want some pics and an offical list.

Edit:There is also the Tri-wing Shuttle they could do.

Edited by Justin2224

I personally don't think that the Republic Star Destroyer will be in minifig scale. If the rumor of a minifig scaled Tantive 4 is right then we already will be getting a big minifig scaled SW set in 2009 - and when you look at the last years there never was more than one very big minifig scaled set. Plus there is an UCS needed for 2009 - and what would be more perfect than the RSD? :wink:

Having read and thought about the lists we saw in the last weeks and after having studied the numbers and prices of this and last years' SW sets I want to present you a list which in my opinion sounds really realistic:

Spring: S@H Exclusive:

UCS Republic Star Destroyer 300-600 Euros

Summer/Fall: "Normal" sets:

Ashoka's Fighter 25-30 Euros

Seperatist Shuttle 65-70 Euros

CW Y-Wing 65-70 Euros

Hoth set 25-50 Euros

Endor Battle Playset 95-100 Euros

Summer/Fall: TRU Exclusive:

Palpatine's Arrest 60-80 Euros

Home One Rebel Control Center 100-110 Euros

Fall: S@H Exclusive:

Tantive Four 150-200 Euros

(The prices and numbers of sets are oriented on this and last years' SW sets.)

What do you think about this list?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I agree with the fact that Endor and a few of the other sets look to be strong contenders, but I am not going to make any assumptions until we see pictures or get an official clarification, which might not happen for a little while.

I do like your list, and it does sound realistic based on what we've heard so far. The thing I don't like about it is the 2 S@H exclusive.

I hope the Venator will be the same size as the Star Destroyer set from 06/07. Then it will be cheaper and have a good amount of figures :thumbup: . The figures I particulary want are:

Admiral Yuleran

Liutentant Wolffe

3 clones

1 YELLOW clone commander with a different face (like Rex)

2 Pilots

2 Republic officers

Yoda and Mace holograms

It would be cool if it came with a mini Anakins starfighter!!! :cry_happy: Also a small hangar for it, bridge, escape pod (re-designed), armoury and a breifing room.

J

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Am I allowed to bring up Wikipedia again? (I know I caused a lot of fuss last time)

Am I allowed to bring up Wikipedia again? (I know I caused a lot of fuss last time)

It better be good and it better be something about the rumoured sets in 2009.

And it better NOT be the false list posted there.