KimT

2008 Picture thread

So the first Ahsoka's sighting is here!

Well...Actually www.jedinews.co.uk already stated that a member spotted the set in the UK.

There's a picture of the front of the box on the site.

It’s the Pirate Tank from Whung’s list that has me very intrigued…Perhaps this is a bit unrealistic, but I am hoping that it will look like an early version of the clone turbo tank. Unrealistic yes, but I am still hoping never the less.

Thanks KimT for the new list :thumbup: . I think the only new think is that the Mon Cal and Pirate Tank are getting proper numbers :cry_happy: . If the Home One is released the next year I will be extremely happy :thumbup: . Also the next year seems A LOT better than this one and hopefully it is :cry_happy: .

About the Solar Sailor:

I was eagerly anticipating the Solar Sailor. It's fascinated me ever since I saw it. But this is too squat, short, and not sleek or long enough. The speeder looks good at first sight, and that's good news (can anyone tell me why the original was blue?!). Hopefully, it will fit in the ship. I'm hoping for an interior, but that's probably shot. A sail would've been nice. Even if TLC couldn't make it go inside, just hanging it outside the ship would've been good, since it would've provided a path for MOCers to make it work.

Personally, I think if they just added some more bricks to make it longer (but not skinnier), it would've been fine. The extra length might've even given it some legroom inside.

The minifigs are a mixed bag. A fleshie Dooku is nice, though I do not welcome the ugly cartoon faces. The droid looks good from the top (I don't think the head is a battle droid's, though we will see), but a small, sloped brick with a clip attaching it to the top would've been better and not so generic. MagnaGuards' heads are ugly, and arms are too long and thick for the body. Otherwise, the minifigs look fine.

I'll probably pick this up (for minifigs, since I have no Dooku, MagnaGuard, or droid pilot guy, and to modify it so it's better), along with the CBP (for clones), DBP (for pieces and the speeder, I don't like the minfigs because I don't like the idea of a bunch of IG-88 clones running around), Vader's TIE (it's cool), and Ahsoka's starfighter (I like it). If money permits, I would pick the AAT up as well.

I hope the Pirate Tank looks like the Canderous Assult Tank from Forces of Corruption. Now that would kick megablocks.

The criminal underbelly of the Star Wars universe is really ignored by Lego.

yes, and.. that makes 2 sightings then! :tongue:

Legolas, I'm just speculating what the set will be, not that we saw it already.

I hope the Pirate Tank looks like the Canderous Assult Tank from Forces of Corruption. Now that would kick megablocks.

The criminal underbelly of the Star Wars universe is really ignored by Lego.

Completely agreed Holy Diver.

Thanks Kimt for the list.

I hope the pirate tank is somthing driven by wheels or treads I don't want another hovering tank.

What can I say about everything else besides, I want the republic Venator.

Aargh! Help me! I'm failing to choose which set to take for my birthday..spending more than $400 on LEGO Clone Wars or buying the Death Star 10188 Playset, hmm..could somebody help me out? I dunno what it is, but I'm really confused.. :wacko:

Those Clone Wars sets look awesome, the Death Star too, of course, but imagine that big army I could get by spending $400 on Clone Wars, including lots of B'Packs..

And finally, a new Count Dooku minifig! When I get that set I can get rid of my custom (yellow) Dooku.

Edited by General Magma

Aargh! Help me! I'm failing to choose which set to take for my birthday..spending more than $400 on LEGO Clone Wars or buying the Death Star 10188 Playset, hmm..could somebody help me out? I dunno what it is, but I'm really confused.. :wacko:

Those Clone Wars sets look awesome, the Death Star too, of course, but imagine that big army I could get by spending $400 on Clone Wars, including lots of B'Packs..

And finally, a new Count Dooku minifig! When I get that set I can get rid of my custom (yellow) Dooku.

I don't think this is the topic for that.

Create your own topic and ask the same question.

If your a collector then get the Death Star. I recommend the other sets and save up for the third wave of cw. Anyways I'm very dissapointed that some people are already saying that Home one won. I thought we were supposed to wait until Feburary. :(

If your a collector then get the Death Star. I recommend the other sets and save up for the third wave of cw. Anyways I'm very dissapointed that some people are already saying that Home one won. I thought we were supposed to wait until Feburary. :(

What?!

Did that..thing..won?!

By the way, I'm not really a collector..I buy stuff mostly for the play-ability - and I want a big army! And I will not spend everything of the money on next year's CW first wave. Unless the second wave of 2009 is really worse..but I think it will not be!

Edited by General Magma

Have any 2009 star wars sets been spotted in the US yet? I went to Toysrus last week and they only had lego pirates.

I don't think this is the topic for that.

Create your own topic and ask the same question.

Is it not allowed to post that in here, then?

And Bricklanta, I've heard they are somewhere in the U.S...I dunno much about it since I live in the Netherlands. Someone got the Clone battlepack already!

Edited by General Magma

And Bricklanta, I've heard they are somewhere in the U.S...I dunno much about it since I live in the Netherlands. Someone got the Clone battlepack already!

Man I hope they get them out by Tuesday because that's when I'm going to pick out a Christmas gift. :tongue:

Have any 2009 star wars sets been spotted in the US yet? I went to Toysrus last week and they only had lego pirates.

I don't know where you're from, but you're from, but NJ has them all.

Questions on which set to buy should go here. :classic:

I wish I had a TRU a bit closer to me so I can check for the new sets. The closest one to me is about 30 minutes away.. :sceptic:

However, I was there a few weeks ago and they had pirates, but not Star Wars.

This thread/topic is for discussing the sets.

There's another topic (Star Wars Sets Anyone?) for discussing where available and such things.

So stop yagging about where to get the new sets here.

This is only a topic for the sets, rumors and pictures.

:hmpf: How hard can it be?

Check the pinned topics in the Star Wars forum topic page.

Read, think, think again and then maybe post.

:hmpf_bad:

Questions on which set to buy should go here. :classic:

I wish I had a TRU a bit closer to me so I can check for the new sets. The closest one to me is about 30 minutes away.. :sceptic:

However, I was there a few weeks ago and they had pirates, but not Star Wars.

Oh ok, thanks! Didn't saw that topic before. Guess my eyes didn't want me to see that..

P.S. I now declare page 152, opened!

Edited by General Magma

This thread/topic is for discussing the sets.

There's another topic (Star Wars Sets Anyone?) for discussing where available and such things.

So stop yagging about where to get the new sets here.

This is only a topic for the sets, rumors and pictures.

:hmpf: How hard can it be?

Check the pinned topics in the Star Wars forum topic page.

Read, think, think again and then maybe post.

:hmpf_bad:

I'm from Atlanta, I thought the name and avatar would give it away :tongue:

Did you even read my above post?

Get back on topic people.

Sorry KimT! Is this okay to post?

I'm wondering about the Ahsoka's starfighter. The box doesn't say it's special edition, but it's the only one who's set number doesn't begin with 801-, and only 2 sightings of it have been spotted. Does anyone know if it's exclusive, and if it will be on Shop@Home at the same time all the other 09' sets are?

7754 Home One ™ Mon Calamari Star Cruiser ™

Pieces: ?

Price: ? EUR / ? USD / ? GBP

Minifigs: ?

Release: Summer 2009

I guess the vote had the Home One overwhelmingly in favor. YES HOMEONE. Ackbar and a ton of his wonderful crew. Maybe even a holographic death star! I'm so excited!!

Sorry KimT! Is this okay to post?

I'm wondering about the Ahsoka's starfighter. The box doesn't say it's special edition, but it's the only one who's set number doesn't begin with 801-, and only 2 sightings of it have been spotted. Does anyone know if it's exclusive, and if it will be on Shop@Home at the same time all the other 09' sets are?

Dunno if this helps, but on this picture , you can see that Ahsoka's Fighter is due February. :pir_yoda:

Dunno if this helps, but on this picture , you can see that Ahsoka's Fighter is due February. :pir_yoda:

I never noticed that, thanks, but I don't live in Australia! :tongue:

I'm pretty sure it'll be January over here, considering the fact that if it WAS February, than those two measly sightings would mean extremely early sets!