KimT

2008 Picture thread

I guess the AAT will be a tack smaller than the RFT but those new SBD really amazed me, must buy :tongue:

Yeah, just a tack. :tongue:

Talking of Solar Sailors, is it Sailor or Sailer? Sailor would refer to a person who sails and Sailer would refer to a thing that sails. Come to think of it it's probably Sailer.

But if it's Sailor it'll have two ls, two os, two Ss, and two as! :grin:

Talking of Solar Sailors, is it Sailor or Sailer? Sailor would refer to a person who sails and Sailer would refer to a thing that sails. Come to think of it it's probably Sailer.

Yes, thank you for mentioning that, TDF, that had been bugging me for awhile too. :hmpf_bad:

Of course it's "Sailer"! Why is everyone spelling it with an "o"? :wacko:

Also, some of you still refer to the AAT as ATT. :hmpf_bad: Please get your spellings right; these things are offensive to any hardcore SW fan like TDF and me. :tongue:

But if it's Sailor it'll have two ls, two os, two Ss, and two as! :grin:

"Ssaailloor"? I don't get it. :look:

Speaking of AAT. ) :classic:

Have you noticed, gentlemen, that stickers are different in the set and on the box? For example, look at CIS insignia, or those motor shafts.... They Are quite different. And I must say, that I preffer the variant on the box. )

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

I haven't noticed this, but if you're right, perhaps this is further proof of the non-box pics being incorrect (bley hilts instead of chrome or metallic silver, etc.). :thumbup:

Please get your spellings right; these things are offensive to any hardcore SW fan like TDF and me. :tongue:

And please get your grammar right, it's "TDF and I". These things are very offensive to grammar freaks like me. :tongue:

He means: S o l a r S a i l o r.

Edited by JimButcher

Does anybody know if the Republic Attack Shuttle is supposed to have an interior? If so, are there pics?

And please get your grammar right, it's "TDF and I". These things are very offensive to grammar freaks like me. :tongue:

Actually the correct grammar use is using "me" not "I".

Anyways back on topic, the new sets are amazing, and I hope it will be the usual pricing for winter sets.

I guess the AAT will be a tack smaller than the RFT but those new SBD really amazed me, must buy :tongue:

It may be smaller but it will be the same price or higher because of all the minifigs.

Anyway I think we will be able to buy the Jan. sets soon since the 2009 pirates sets have been spotted in a store.

Does anybody know if the Republic Attack Shuttle is supposed to have an interior? If so, are there pics?

It should, however so far we don't know anything about it. Unfortunately it will probobly be somewhat small, but I am crossing my fingers.

Edited by Matteo Kenobi

No they officially haven't, there has been a lot of speculation going on on the other hand though.

It seems like they will be above $30 USD though, at least. :sceptic:

Oh well, I'll buy them regardless of the price.

Edited by BRICKLANTA

Yes, thank you for mentioning that, TDF, that had been bugging me for awhile too. :hmpf_bad:

Of course it's "Sailer"! Why is everyone spelling it with an "o"? :wacko:

Also, some of you still refer to the AAT as ATT. :hmpf_bad: Please get your spellings right; these things are offensive to any hardcore SW fan like TDF and me. :tongue:

Well, what with the recent...

Ah, I really have no clue. :tongue:

Yes; Armored Assault Tank. It's in the actual product name. :laugh:

ATT would be Armored Troop Transport, and that would never do, as the MTT is the only noteworthy ground based Troop Transport in the CIS arsenal. :wink:

Actually the correct grammar use is using "me" not "I".

Anyways back on topic, the new sets are amazing, and I hope it will be the usual pricing for winter sets.

Negative; it's 'I'. :wink:

Oky and I agree on this: The Solar Sailer should be spelt Sailer.

I know everyone believes it is better for it to be titled Solar Sailer, instead of Sailor. But who are we to judge the great George Lucas?

Edited by Light Light

Every site that I have been to has called it the Solar Sailer. I bet it just started when a few people spelt it wrong here.

Edited by Skelotic

The distinction between Sailer and Sailor is probobly pretty easy for translators to screw up, which may explain a few things.

Prices have not yet been announced for the early 2009 star wars sets right?

Just for Euros. ā‚¬

Well, I donĀ“t think that it has more than one 6x8 plate to push in/out.

I know everyone believes it is better for it to be titled Solar Sailer, instead of Sailor. But who are we to judge the great George Lucas?

What? WHAT? WHAT?

You're KIDDING! He makes the coolest and most detailed TV series ever, and then makes an episode about Jar Jar? And you call him great? :tongue:

I found these prices on Brickipedia in what I think are US $:

7751 - Ahsoka's Starfighter and Vulture Droid - $29.99

8014 - Clone Walker Battle Pack - $14.99

8015 - Assassin Droid Battle Pack - $14.99

8016 - Hyena Droid Bomber - $29.99

8017 - Darth Vader's TIE Fighter - $39.99

8018 - Armored Assault Tank - $59.99

8019 - Republic Attack Shuttle - $79.99

It says they are all going to be released in January 09.

I know Wikipedia is not a reliable source and blah blah blah but here you are anyway.

(You don't need to spend a page of posts saying that, I've done it for you!) :tongue:

I know Wikipedia is not a reliable source and blah blah blah but here you are anyway.

(You don't need to spend a page of posts saying that, I've done it for you!) :tongue:

The $14.99 price tag on the Clone BP is to be expected, the rebel BP's at my local Toysrus are $12.99.

Why is the republic Attack Shuttle so expensive? I'm definitely going to skip out on the shuttle if it's that expensive. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by BRICKLANTA

Those prices seem to be give or take 50% more than what I was expecting the MSRP to be. I think the BP's will be $10 as usual, the Vulture $20, TIE $30, AAT maybe $40, Shuttle maybe $50, and I would be surprised if Ahsokas fighter is the same price as the Vulture Bomber...

Thanks for the info, but I doubt is USD...

$40 for a tie fighter with one fig, that's got to be wrong. I could see the battle packs being about 12-13 dollars, but I think 15 is off. And the the attack shuttle is WAY too small to be $80. Either these are wrong (which I think they are) or lego has gone crazy (which is also possible, as shown by their clone wars set prices).

The $14.99 price tag on the Clone BP is to be expected, the rebel BP's at my local Toysrus are $12.99.

Why is the republic Attack Shuttle so expensive? I'm definitely going to skip out on the shuttle if it's that expensive. :hmpf_bad:

They reason those BP's at TRU cost $13 is because they always bump their prices on Lego. When the recent Clone Wars sets were released, everything they were selling was 5-10 dollars over.

So I highly doubt that the price will be $15 per BP. I think all of these prices are wrong infact. TLG would not start a new year with such prices.

They reason those BP's at TRU cost $13 is because they always bump their prices on Lego. When the recent Clone Wars sets were released, everything they were selling was 5-10 dollars over.

So I highly doubt that the price will be $15 per BP. I think all of these prices are wrong infact. TLG would not start a new year with such prices.

Oh man, I hate TRU... i always go in there to see if they have the new set in Jan. and June/July, and everything is always 5-10 dollars more expensive. It makes me really mad, then i don't go back until the next legos come out. I've never really bought anything from them... :sceptic:

That prices are really insane and if the TLC decide to go in that way I think many AFOLs and TFOLs will be mad by the fact that this increase of the price let them to buy a few of them and not all like the last years. I actually donĀ“t own the Republic Gunship, AT-TE and Twilight and I only have $100 of spare cash so I need to wait (And hope also) to the price decrease at least at a %25 off to afford them all :cry_sad::thumbdown: .

Edited by darkrebellion