KimT

2008 Picture thread

The corperate tank is cool but if you ever played Battlefront 2, they are very weak.

I don't think that you should stick much to BattleFront 2. ) In fact, the Tankdroid there has quite a different armament and indeed is nothing like it is "in reality". ) :classic:

Theres a good chance that will be the design of the ship.

And as for your question about the sets being released before Christmas, that is quite possible as well. New sets released just before the busiest holiday in the year are bound to be hot items.

Do you know how BIG that is?

I doubt Erik would want that to be sold, and I also doubt TLC could get that into a box smaller than the Taj Mahal, the largest Lego set to date. :tongue:

Yes; last year I got the Rogue Shadow and Rebel and Imperial BP as well as a few Indy sets on Christmas because the night before we were going around like crazy to each Toy's 'R' Us down in New Jersey... :laugh:

If it happens again this year I'm a happy camper. :grin:

The corperate tank is cool but if you ever played Battlefront 2, they are very weak.

My friend, if you go into the real world with the impression video games has given you of it, you will be disappointed. :wink:

I don't think that you should stick much to BattleFront 2. ) In fact, the Tankdroid there has quite a different armament and indeed is nothing like it is "in reality". ) :classic:

Hear, hear! :grin:

Besides, look how big and bada$$ they made the TX-130. :wink:

Hear, hear! :grin:

Besides, look how big and bada$$ they made the TX-130. :wink:

Yep, but I, as a great CIS-lover, should be frank and mention that the homing spider droid was done also much stronger than it is.... ) :classic:

Back to topic:

I really like the new list. ) But it seems that my wallet and I will go beserk spending that much on all those sets. ) I really intend to get about 5-10 AATs and now with those nice new TankDroids.... :hmpf::grin: I need a promotion and a higher salary! ) :laugh:

Is it just me or has the shuttles cockpit been extended to have 2 pilots?

Well in the show the cockpit holds two, so hopefully it does here as well. It does look like it though.

Republic Attack Shuttle on Target.com

(zoom in on the picture, it shows the pilot and trooper in the cockpit)

Republic Attack Shuttle on Target.com

(zoom in on the picture, it shows the pilot and trooper in the cockpit)

Good find ADHO15, but sadly it means to make my shuttle look good I will have to find another clone pilot

How did you get to that page when I searched it, it said it didn't exist, I hope we can zoom into some other sets and uncover details.

Edited by commander_kitten

Well would you look at that, great find! Are there any ideas on how many Clones the shuttle can hold?

How did you find this ADHO15? Are there pictures of the other 09' sets that we can zoom in on?

2008 for me was the best year for Lego. Ever

Was their a bad Star Wars set released in '08? I think not - and while the January sets were good to great, the Clone Wars and Death Star set still have me stunned

Delighted the new Clone Wars series is providing so much inspiration for the builders - we get a chance to revisit sets that were less than stellar the first time (Corporate alliance tank anyone?)

...trouble is from the sets revealed for '09....i'm a bit underwhelmed

I've been after a decent AAT for nearly a decade - so glad we are getting that, and the Corporate alliance tank should be good

..the rest isnt that intresting - and surely the Venator will be the '06 Star Destroyer with a diff colour scheme and bridge? The Star Destroyer with its odd choice of figs (Royal Guards?) and empty interior was a bit of a rip off - I really hope the Venator is a bit more....detailed

Wow! Thanks for the sweet close-up, Simon! :thumbup: Although he looks a little too wrinkly, I like the badass expression in his face! :devil: And, of course, it's good to see he has dark tan robes! Also, gotta love the new silver lightsaber! :wub:

Can't wait for this set! :cry_happy:

Go Mace!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

2008 for me was the best year for Lego. Ever

Was their a bad Star Wars set released in '08? I think not - and while the January sets were good to great, the Clone Wars and Death Star set still have me stunned

I think the Rouge Shadow and the Twilight were the "bad" ones, even though I liked the Rouge Shadow

...trouble is from the sets revealed for '09....i'm a bit underwhelmed

I've been after a decent AAT for nearly a decade - so glad we are getting that, and the Corporate alliance tank should be good

I think its due to most of the sets we haven't seen in context of the TV show. (Hyena droid bomber, Ahsoka's fighter.) While the summer 08 wave have mostly been seen re releases and ships from other sources, we're all familiar with.

The picture shows two clones in the shuttle because there ARE 2 clones in the set. One pilot and one regular.

Thanks for the close-ups ADHO15 and JimboJones :thumbup: . Now the RAS looks a lot better to me for some reason that I don´t know :grin: . The detail that it can hold two troopers is amazing and looking at the amazingly big piece count (636 pieces is pretty big considering all the past years biggest sets of this wave were around the 400-500 pieces) I can see it at a $59.99 price point at cheapest :cry_sad: .

Close up of Mace Windu.

macewinduau4.png

I quite like it

:sick::sick::sick:

That's one hideous Mace Windu.

I am so glad I've already got him LUL and non-LUL.

I hope this CW thing will blow over soon.

I hope so too :sick:

I will only be geting Vaders Tie so I wont have to worry about it :thumbup::tongue:

But I will be geting the AT-TE with the creepy animated anakin face....*shudders* :sick:

anyone know whats the prices are gonna be for ahsoka's starfighter and the AAT?

I don't think there's any solid info on that yet, but if you look through the last few pages theres plenty of speculation on it.

Well would you look at that, great find! Are there any ideas on how many Clones the shuttle can hold?

i suspect there's no or very little room for a cabin. from the picture i think the bulk or all of the space is dedicated to some firing mechanism for the flick fire stuff. maybe only room for 1 or 2.

I like the new sets mostly

Ahsoka's ship – Well, it's repetitive, but I want this for the new droid, the new vulture droid in dark-blue, and I want a copy of every single known Jedi starfighter. It is a little short, and the buzz droids aren't so great. And I still dislike the cartoony faces.

Clone BP – I like the clones, and the walker's so-and-so. Not great but not bad either. A nice set, mostly for the clones.

Droid BP – I don't like all these IG-88 clones. Though the gun arm in chrome and black is welcome, the minifigure itself repeated four times with little variation is quite boring. The speeder's pretty sweet, though.

Hyena – This has grown on me, and though I still think it's a little weird, I like it now. I like the battle droids, assuming they are dark-red. Jetpacks are interesting.

DV's Tie – I'm excited about this one. They've finally got it right. No blue, just black and bley. At first I thought it was simply a recolor of the blue version, but now I see it has more greeblies, including asymmetry (which is good for a ship like this) and the wing struts are roundish, unlike the blocky ones of the first version.

AAT – I've always wanted an AAT, and this one fits the bill. Its shape is perfect, though I would've preferred it tan, I can live with it. Hopefully, a slightly roomy interior with controls and stuff. New gun arms seem unnecessary to me, though welcome. I prefer Yoda's old head, and I'm unsure about which torso I like better. This should've come with a captain droid as well, but can't have everything.

Shuttle – This looks good, though I'm not excited over it for some reason. The new Mace face (ha, that rhymes) is horrible! The rest of him looks good, though. The guns on the shuttle look good, and another pilot is never a bad thing.

The only thing that concerns me is the price. Maybe since a lot of these new clone molds and prints aren't new anymore, the sets won't be as expensive as this year's (I have yet to pick up a singe '08 SW set besides the Rebel BP. What should I get?).

I completely agree with you, I'm going to have to find a regular Mace head...

Let's not worry about sets we know are confirmed, worry about ones that aren't. What do you think will be in the unconfirmed sets. I think that the exclusive figure will be Admiral Yularen.

Yes admarel yularen will be possible is this him

Image:Admiral_Yularen.jpg

Edited by commander_kitten

The prices below I found with the new pics I just didn't post the prices because I forgot. (all prices are in euros)

7551 Ahsoka's Jedi Star Fighter 54.99

8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack 16.99

8015 Assassin droids Battle Pack 16.99

8016 Hyena Droid bomber 29.99

8017 DV's TIE Fighter 44.99

8018 Sepratist AAT 54.99

8019 Republic Attack Shuttle 74.99

I doubt these prices are final and I sure hope they aren't either.