KimT

2008 Picture thread

Wow! How much are you saving up? That would cost you a lot of money! I will at most buy like 2 or 3. Although I am a fan, certain piorities come first. :classic:

It's really not that much, only $100.

I am getting 10 Clone BPs and an AAT for starters. That will be 31 regular Clones and 10 Gunners, plus Yoda, 3 SBDs and 2 BDs. And I'm getting the AT-TE for Christmas :classic: So this will be a happy winter.

That woudl only be about $100 USD. :hmpf: Thats less than a large set, such as the Republic Gunship...

And since when was $100 not a lot of money?

Personally, I would first get one of each set that I want, then get any multiple BPs, to ensure that I have enough money. But if some of you really have that much to spend on Lego, go ahead...

Uh, anyways, thanks for the news, Sam89. I'm really hoping for that Venator! :sweet:

You guys can buy 10 bps in separate occasion, do not need to buy them all at one shot, or else it hurt your wallet badly.

I buy the first Clone Troopers bps separately so I got money spare for other set just in case there was suddenly a sales for other or old set. :classic:

Hi I'm new to eurobricks. I forget who said that they saw a pic of the solar sailor, who ever it was I think they should go back and take a picture of it. I lost my old Count Dooku minifig :cry_sad: and I really need another. So I hope it is real :cry_happy: .

Also has anyone noticed that on that minifig stand at legoworld there was a clone wars Obi-Wan with black hands. Do you think he is like that in a new set :sceptic: .

Edited by halomaster96

Also has anyone noticed that on that minifig stand at legoworld there was a clone wars Obi-Wan with black hands. Do you think he is like that in a new set :sceptic: .

Errr...

Doesn't he have black hands right now? :look: Look at my avatar, it's the Obi Wan from the RGS set and he looks just like the one at Legoworld. :sceptic: Besides, what does it matter what color his hands are? :wacko:

However, welcome to EB! :classic:

Welcome to eb halomaster96 may I suggest the "my name is" topic to get you started off.

as for the black hands I'm afraid Oky is right his avatar hands are black.

According to jayhawkjake on Rebelscum, the following sets were briefly updated to entertainmentearth.com, and then removed:

8037 Y Wing from Clone Wars - $50

8039 Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser $107

8036 Separatists Shuttle $27

8038 Endor Battle Playset $90

7749 Echo Base $22

Thank you very much for that information, sam89! :sweet:

So the most of the sets of the list are now (nearly) confirmed. :thumbup:

I'm a bit sceptic about the set names - especially the "Echo Base". "Echo Base" would mean a real base - but for 22 Euros this set will be about the size of this year's Hallfire & Spider Droid set - so really not a whole base. Like already mentioned before I think that this set will include three Hoth Rebel Troopers, one Rebel Captain (hopefully!!!), a Tauntaun, a big gun and some rocky and snowy little landscape - but that's surely it.

I then hope that we'll get a BP for the Imperials with some Snow Troopers and a Snow Trooper Captain in 2010!

As for the Endor Battle Playset the price is about this year's CW AT-TE. So for this price it'll surely be very similar to last year's Hoth Rebel Base - but with more pics. It'll surely be very similar to this great MOC I found on BS (of course it won't include as many minifigs as in this MOC, but the other parts will imo surely be very similar to these in this MOC):

endor_001.jpg

Link to the designer's gallery: here.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

These sets seem really good. I'm looking forward to seeing the Republic Venator (it is on of my favourite ships in Star Wars.

It seems we will have also two long waited OT sets, the Echo Base being a super battle pack in my opinion.

It seems that we won't have too many big sets, so it will be easier to get all 2009 collection (if there are not other sets reveled, maybe we have to add the Toysr'us exclusive that we will know in February)

It seems that we won't have too many big sets, so it will be easier to get all 2009 collection (if there are not other sets reveled, maybe we have to add the Toysr'us exclusive that we will know in February)

I think that there'll be about 4-5 sets left for summer-fall 2009 (similar to the number of sets of this and last year) which haven't been confirmed until now - and won't be confirmed for a long time since e. g. S@H Exclusives are regrettably confirmed firstly very late (or/and at least pics sadly are shown only a very short time before the point of release). These sets might (when you look at the list(s) and read the information which has been given by some members of us) be:

- Count Dooku's Solar Sailor

- Tantive 4 (S@H Exclusive)

- Palpatine's Arrest or/and "A-Wing At Rebel Control Center" (ToysRUs Exclusive)

- an UCS set (S@H Exclusive)

That's what I think.

Klaus-Dieter

I think that there'll be about 4-5 sets left for summer-fall 2009 (similar to the number of sets of this and last year) which haven't been confirmed until now - and won't be confirmed for a long time since e. g. S@H Exclusives are regrettably confirmed firstly very late (or/and at least pics sadly are shown only a very short time before the point of release). These sets might (when you look at the list(s) and read the information which has been given by some members of us) be:

- Count Dooku's Solar Sailor

- Tantive 4 (S@H Exclusive)

- Palpatine's Arrest or/and "A-Wing At Rebel Control Center" (ToysRUs Exclusive)

- an UCS set (S@H Exclusive)

That's what I think.

Klaus-Dieter

Count Dooku's Solar Sailor would be great, but I really hope they do Palapatine's Arerest. That would be insane pownage.

Count Dooku's Solar Sailor would be great, but I really hope they do Palapatine's Arerest. That would be insane pownage.

That would be insane what?!?

Please refrain from using kiddy l33t sp34k.

Express yourself in an adult manner as this is an AFOL site please.

Count Dooku's Solar Sailor would be great, but I really hope they do Palapatine's Arerest.

I think the question of whether they'd release this set or the other set is unreal: The Palpatine's Arrest (or the "A-Wing At Rebel Control Center") will be a ToysRUs Exclusive (it was said that it'll be only available via ToysRUs and not - like in the last years - even via S@H) - and consequently doesn't compete against TLG's exclusive and "normal" sets.

Klaus-Dieter

A member at Jedi News posted a new rumor list (The same we get about 4 pages ago but with more sets):

List

It is great too see the Tantive IV is still in the lists and I am very happy to see the Comic-Con set is going to be something about the 10 anniversary :cry_happy: .

Edited by darkrebellion

That sound exactly like what we've had already except for the the speacial fig. This could prove its the triumphant and that the fig is Wolf... :grin:

...or not. :cry_sad:

Well, not that I don't trust this information, but I'd rather wait until we get some confirmations from very reliable sources.

P.S. 30 more posts til I'm a citizen! :grin:

Edited by Light Light

Thats great to hear, but wasn't there a rumor about the tantive IV being a playset, not a UCS, I seem to gro more and more scepticle each day :sceptic: We need some conformations, all this information is screwy, although there are a few things that seem to be on every rumor list that are probobly true.

The list itself comes with more info than the last lists :tongue::thumbup::laugh: . For example, it points that the Separatist Shuttle will come with a Nute Gunray minifig and that the Comic-Con exclusive of the next year is going to be something of the anniversary and not just a pack of other sets like the one of this year :wink: .

Count Dooku's Solar Sailor (Is the ship from Episode 2)

Y-Wing (Have got the new Design, based on The Clone Wars)

Battle of Hoth (Playset with Tauntauns)

Separatist Shuttle (Most say: with a Nute Gunray Minifigure)

Endor Ultimate Battle (A other Playset)

Republic Star Destroyer (A big anniversary set, with a new special minifigure)

UCS: Collector Editions:

Tantive IV (Playset)

And a other should realeses.

Exclusives:

Arrest of Palpatine

A-Wing Hangar (not sure yet)

-And the Comic Con next year, should have a anniversary set, too.-

For those who don't want to click the link. :wink:

I hope we do end up getting the Nute Gunray and tauntauns. 2009 is shaping up to be great! TLC outdo themselves every year! :sweet:

Thank you very much for that news, darkrebellion, and for posting that list, darthperson! :sweet:

UCS: Collector Editions:

Tantive IV (Playset)

I really hope that this list is in that point wrong!

An UCS Tantive IV with minfigs would be very similar to last year's UCS Millenium Falcon: Nearly no minifigs, much too detailed, no interior - and much too expensive! :thumbdown:

I really hope that TLG will release the Tantive IV as an exclusive set, but non-UCS.

The amazing DS this year is already too expensive. So if TLG really decides/decided to release the Tantive IV as a very expensive UCS set, too, I would be very :angry::devil: since it would be really unfair to make great and important sets of the OT only available for people which have got a lot of money! :thumbdown:

I mean: Surely, the Tantive IV has probably to be bigger than the awesome minifig-scaled ISD because its architecture is very difficult. But 200 Euros would be really, really enough! But I think that TLG won't change its mind. :hmpf_bad: The list of next year's summer sets began so good with the Endor and Hoth set - but now that! :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

That would be insane what?!?

Please refrain from using kiddy l33t sp34k.

Express yourself in an adult manner as this is an AFOL site please.

Leet speak is not necessarily 'kiddy', as it's origins draw from adult (or at least, experienced) hackers using it as a code to talk about hacking on IRC chatrooms that would auto-ban people for using specific words. Furthermore, pwnage is not leetspeak, it is simply a common misspelling of ownage that is done deliberately for emphasis.

Back on topic, this is the first i'm hearing of a Tantive IV? Has there even been a rumour of it, or is this just speculation amongst us? I would much prefer a Jabba's palace UCS than a tantive IV, as the Tantive IV has like, a single memorable scene, where as Jabba's has many.

Thank you very much for that news, darkrebellion, and for posting that list, darthperson! :sweet:

I really hope that this list is in that point wrong!

An UCS Tantive IV with minfigs would be very similar to last year's UCS Millenium Falcon: Nearly no minifigs, much too detailed, no interior - and much too expensive! :thumbdown:

I really hope that TLG will release the Tantive IV as an exclusive set, but non-UCS.

The amazing DS this year is already too expensive. So if TLG really decides/decided to release the Tantive IV as a very expensive UCS set, too, I would be very :angry::devil: since it would be really unfair to make great and important sets of the OT only available for people which have got a lot of money! :thumbdown:

I mean: Surely, the Tantive IV has probably to be bigger than the awesome minifig-scaled ISD because its architecture is very difficult. But 200 Euros would be really, really enough! But I think that TLG won't change its mind. :hmpf_bad: The list of next year's summer sets began so good with the Endor and Hoth set - but now that! :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter

We already had a Tantive IV UCS before that cost 200 € with about 1700 pieces and having it, I don't see were they could include some place for the minifigs. If it is really a playset, I think it will be bigger than the one we had before, and with minifigs and accessories, I think it will cost more than 200 €

If this separatist shuttle is going to be released and it would include Nute Gunray, I'm sure it would be this:

Nute Gunray's personal shuttle: Lapiz Cutter

Oh, of course it's not confirmed yet, but it would be cool. :)

I am fairly sure this is the shuttle:

Art4118190.jpg

EDIT: All of the sudden I am not so sure about that.