KimT

2008 Picture thread

One thing i hope is that she isnt showing me a prank one because at that tru i usually go there and shes there most of the time and i told her that i really want to find out about the new legos. I hope it wasn't a prank

I went to Toys r us and asked if i could have a look at the products catalogue for next year. I was suprised she said yes which was good.I had a look at it and it had the january 2009 sets there but on the second last page it had a long list of coming soon legos on it. I picked out the star wars ones

8020: Ashoka's Starfighter $20

8021: Tri Droid $30

8022: Republic Star Destroyer $120

8023: Episode 1: Gungan Bongo Sub $40

8024: Episode 2: Geonosian Arena $80

8025: Episode 3: Naboo Cruiser $50

8026: Episode 4: Tantive IV $60

8027: Episode 5: Mellenium Falcon $100

8028: Episode 6: Rebel Endor Base $50

they just listed the price and set number. I also asked about the competition sets and they said that none of the staff here know only lego excectutives know. but she didnt let me keep the catalogue. I'll try to get it next time I go and scan the page.

The list sounds a little lame. I prefer Whungs list.

P.S. What is Rebel Endor Base supposed to be? I can´t remember for a base on Endor for the Rebels. Just for the empire.

It's a litle strange that the third Millenium Falcon is again one from TESB, I would expect one from ROTJ (with Lando and Niem Numb) so there's one from every movie. Now it's not really new, if the list is correct that is.

I went to Toys r us and asked if i could have a look at the products catalogue for next year. I was suprised she said yes which was good.I had a look at it and it had the january 2009 sets there but on the second last page it had a long list of coming soon legos on it. I picked out the star wars ones

they just listed the price and set number. I also asked about the competition sets and they said that none of the staff here know only lego excectutives know. but she didnt let me keep the catalogue. I'll try to get it next time I go and scan the page.

Dubious

$60 for Tantive 4 - unlikely, for $60 we wouldn't get the escape pod!

On the new list (thanks jimbo!)

It says the naboo starfighter was on episode 3

I looked it up and it says it was only in episode 2

Clink the alien to see!

:alien:

Link isn't working. :sad: what what was on it anyway, I didn't really get it.

Edited by Skipper 24

8027: Episode 5: Millenium Falcon $100

I have doubts concerning the list. First, why would Lego release a set from each episode if the Clone Wars TV series is on TV?

Second, a new millenium falcon? We had one in 2004, the UCS version last year and another two years later?

Third, a Tantive IV set at 60$ ? A set like that would be big. 60$ looks very cheap for a Tantive IV set.

And finally, the rebels never had a base on Endor. They attacked the imperial base instead of have one. Lego is almost never making errors when they're naming their sets.

Im not sure about the millenian Falcon but the others sound great, but the endor and genonosis sets are the only sets im intrested in without pictures.

Oh and thetri droid sounds nice.

Edited by The crazy one

I'd LOVE to see one of Padme's ships, but I really don't believe that list. Not to mention that it completely contradicts the leak a week or two ago which was right on all the Janurary sets.

then I hope the Naboo Starfighter is a J-type star skiff.

I would think so as that is the one featured in Episode 3. Link.

Third, a Tantive IV set at 60$ ? A set like that would be big. 60$ looks very cheap for a Tantive IV set.

It will probably be a Radiant VII (Republic Cruiser)-size ship which is good because they are all good (and expensive) sets and raising the price of this one would make it even worse on my wallet. I do have a year to save up for them though!

I'm pretty much meh on this list :sceptic:

I'd only be buying the ot sets and maybe the bongo / arena the rest sound crap

I'm pretty much meh on this list :sceptic:

I'd only be buying the ot sets and maybe the bongo / arena the rest sound crap

I am also not a big fan of this list. The only sets that sound appealing to me are the Tri-Droid and the Rebel Endor Base. Geonosian Arena has potential, but I don't think TLC will do it justice. I hope to be surprised (if this list is true).

Dubious

$60 for Tantive 4 - unlikely, for $60 we wouldn't get the escape pod!

How much was the Hoth Rebel Base?

Well the list sounds great. JimboJones, get those pics scanned.

Here's the stuff we should get with these sets.

Ahsoka's Fighter: Ahsoka Tano, R2-KT. Pink/Orange and Green Delta-7B

Tri-Droid: Anakin Skywalker, Rex, Clone Trooper(x2), Battle Droid(x2). Tri-Droid

Republic Star Destroyer: Yoda, Hologram Obi-wan, Clone Trooper Pilot(x3), Clone Trooper(x3), Purple Protocol Droid, Orange Astromech Droid

Episode 1: Gungan Bongo Sub: Jar Jar Binks, Qui-gon Jinn, Obi-wan Kenobi

Episode 2: Geonosis Arena: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli, Shaak Ti, Jango Fett, Young Boba, Poggle the Lesser, Rune Haako, Nute Gunray, Geonosian(x3), Geonosian Battle Droid(x6). LR1-K Cannon Reek, Nexu, Acklay

Episode 3: Naboo Cruiser: Pregnant Padme'(with some sort of waist gear), Obi-wan Kenobi, R2-D2, Shiny Gold C-3PO, Anakin (evil eyes). J-type Star Skiff

Episode 4: Tantive 4: Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper(x4), Rebel Trooper(x4), R2-Q2

Episode 5: Mellinium Falcon: Han Solo(Hoth), Leia(Hoth), Chewbacca, C-3PO, Snowtrooper(x3). Taun Taun

Episode 6: Endor Rebel Base: Han(Endor), Leia(Endor), Scout Trooper(x3), Rebel Trooper(x3), Ewok(x2), Chewbacca. AT-ST, Door to sheild bunker

*Note, this is just what I want to see in these sets, nothing official

What i saw this hourz ago so i went to toys r us in time square to see the list and none of those sets r on it just the onez we saw last week posted here and brickshelf so i think that TRU just made a fool of u buddy....

Dude, you really need to use proper grammar. It isn't than hard. And maybe not all of the Toys R Us' have these in their cataloge. But really, learn to type.

Maybe not all of the Toys R Us' have these in their cataloge.

Thats true but if he went to the one in Time square, well chances are I think that would they would have it, but idk.

With this being the tenth anniversery, it really would make sense that besides the 2 CW we have one from each movie :classic:

Being reasonable and most likely here is what I think we will get minifig wise if the sets are real.

Ahsokas starfighter: Ahsoka and green/pink astromech droid

Tri Droid: Anakin, Rex, 2 ARC troopers

Episode 1 - Gungan Bongo Sub: Jar jar, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon (although I would HOPPEE WE GET BOSS NASS :cry_happy: but i doubt that will happen :cry_sad:)

Episode 2 - Genosian Battle Arena: Count Dooku, 1 Super battle droid, Jango Fett, Poggle the Lesser, 3x battle droids, 1 Droideka, Luminara Undali, Mace Windu, Ki-adi Mundi.

Episode 3 - Naboo Cruiser: Padme, Evil Anakin, Obi Wan Kenobi, C 3P0

Episode 4 - Millenium falcon - Hoth Han, Hoth Lei, C 3P0, Chewy

Episode 5 - Tantive IV (at $60, if its real, you sure it wasnt just read wrong and its $160?) Princess Lei, Darth Vader, 2x Storm Troopers, Rebel Commander, 2x Rebel Troopers, new Protocal Droid

Episode 6- Im not sure on this one, Ill keep it a suprise =]

What i saw this hourz ago so i went to toys r us in time square to see the list and none of those sets r on it just the onez we saw last week posted here and brickshelf so i think that TRU just made a fool of u buddy....

Your getting on my nerves.

Change your posting style please and lay off the attitude.

Exactly - and all we got was a crappy door!

And that makes it believable that they'll do another set like it.

Doesn't it?

I wonder if those numbers beat want.

8020,8022,8024,8026,8028 are already in use and seem to me not useful by lego to double numbers to be used so look even if the numbers are correct and what other evidence.

Edited by legomilk

Maybe they're skipping the old numbers.

Nobody remembers an old technic set anyways :tongue:

I am also not a big fan of this list. The only sets that sound appealing to me are the Tri-Droid and the Rebel Endor Base. Geonosian Arena has potential, but I don't think TLC will do it justice. I hope to be surprised (if this list is true).

well just look at the indy set flight of the flying wing

it looks shit to be honest

the wings are wrong the tail is too small it just needs to be re made completely

Well the list sounds great. JimboJones, get those pics scanned.

Here's the stuff we should get with these sets.

Ahsoka's Fighter: Ahsoka Tano, R2-KT. Pink/Orange and Green Delta-7B

Tri-Droid: Anakin Skywalker, Rex, Clone Trooper(x2), Battle Droid(x2). Tri-Droid

Republic Star Destroyer: Yoda, Hologram Obi-wan, Clone Trooper Pilot(x3), Clone Trooper(x3), Purple Protocol Droid, Orange Astromech Droid

Episode 1: Gungan Bongo Sub: Jar Jar Binks, Qui-gon Jinn, Obi-wan Kenobi

Episode 2: Geonosis Arena: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli, Shaak Ti, Jango Fett, Young Boba, Poggle the Lesser, Rune Haako, Nute Gunray, Geonosian(x3), Geonosian Battle Droid(x6). LR1-K Cannon Reek, Nexu, Acklay

Episode 3: Naboo Cruiser: Pregnant Padme'(with some sort of waist gear), Obi-wan Kenobi, R2-D2, Shiny Gold C-3PO, Anakin (evil eyes). J-type Star Skiff

Episode 4: Tantive 4: Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper(x4), Rebel Trooper(x4), R2-Q2

Episode 5: Mellinium Falcon: Han Solo(Hoth), Leia(Hoth), Chewbacca, C-3PO, Snowtrooper(x3). Taun Taun

Episode 6: Endor Rebel Base: Han(Endor), Leia(Endor), Scout Trooper(x3), Rebel Trooper(x3), Ewok(x2), Chewbacca. AT-ST, Door to sheild bunker

*Note, this is just what I want to see in these sets, nothing official

wont happen too many figs for the prices

also why would han and lia have to be in hoth gear?

Edited by lfadn

Well Legomilk has just proved that the latest list is fake. I suggest we stop posting lists until something is confirmed, because this is getting silly :tongue:

Let's assume for now that the original list posted is the real list (it included most of the confirmed non-SW sets as well):

Star Wars™ Solar Sailor/Count Dooku's Solar Sailor™

Star Wars™ Star Wars TM (Pirate Tank)

Star Wars™ Star Wars TM

Star Wars™ Star Wars TM (Separatists Shuttle)

Star Wars™ Star Wars TM (Y-wing)

Star Wars™ Star Wars TM (Endor Battle Playset)

Star Wars™ Star Wars TM (Republic Star Destroyer)

Star Wars™ Clone Troopers/Clone Walker Battle Pack

Star Wars™ Assassin Droids/Assassin Droids Battle Pack

Star Wars™ Vulture Bomber/Hyena Droid Bomber ™

Star Wars™ Darth Vader Tie Fighter/Darth Vader's TIE Fighter ™

Star Wars™ AAT/Separatist AAT ™

Star Wars™ Attack Shuttle (Republic Attack Shuttle ™)