KimT

2008 Picture thread

The set obviously takes place in episode 4 and not in 6...

@ Light Light: Most commiunity websites like Eurobricks made polls, where they voted the set, too. Most sites voted for the Palpi set and besides that, we´ve got this picture from a LEGO Store display case.

new_hair_mold.jpg

Looks like Palpi hair to me.

Your right, it does look like it. Do you have or know where to get more pics. I saw somewhere were they had the new coming pirate figs.

The set obviously takes place in episode 4 and not in 6...

Sorry. I was pretty sure we were talking about the home 1, but whatever. I've just really wanted an Ackbar fig for some unknown reason.

I would want the palpatine's arrest set even more than ann Ackbar fig though. Could really use some new jedi figs.

Wait you only posted 3 new ones and did not include the aat, assasin droid battle pack, or the heyna droid bomber. Am I missing something?

LOL! You are right. He must have miss out those.

By the way, I think the Mini TIE Fighter is given away as a free gift when the Clone Wars sets is released in Asian Country.

LOL! You are right. He must have miss out those.

By the way, I think the Mini TIE Fighter is given away as a free gift when the Clone Wars sets is released in Asian Country.

I missed nothing.

The list contains the sets confirmed by TLG.

The whung list or the supposed retailer's catalog set list haven't been confirmed and thus I can't post them.

I am well aware that there's other sets.

Feel free to discuss them, but for some time they wont be on the list in the first post.

What do you guys take me for?

Using :grin: and :wink: should have led you a little further than thinking I forgot something, shouldn't it? :tongue:

Have you seen These?? (they look GREAT!! :thumbup: )

Brickshelf

With the Battlepacks, AAT, Dropship, TIE and Hyena Bomber!! :sweet:

WITH YODA!!! :yoda: New Battle Droid, One new Clone, JUST GREAT!!!

Undersigned MoWo

(I don't now if these are posted anywhere :grin: Srry!)

Edited by MoWo

Have you seen These?? (they look GREAT!! :thumbup: )

Brickshelf

With the Battlepacks, AAT, Dropship, TIE and Hyena Bomber!! :sweet:

WITH YODA!!! :yoda: New Battle Droid, One new Clone, JUST GREAT!!!

Undersigned MoWo

(I don't now if these are posted anywhere :grin: Srry!)

Yes, we already know about this. It has been out for a while now. I know its hard to look at all the posts but please try to go a couple pages back. :grin: Ohh and KimT I take you as sort of a smart-a but smart as well. :wink:

Yes, we already know about this. It has been out for a while now. I know its hard to look at all the posts but please try to go a couple pages back. :grin: Ohh and KimT I take you as sort of a smart-a but smart as well. :wink:

SRRY!!! I'm such a Fool :grin::grin:

Undersigned MoWo

Bah!

Why did Lego have to make the new Tie fighter grey? I wouldn't have minded if the rest of the Tie fighters were also grey but if I buy the new one it is going to stick out a bit.

I don't like many of the new sets, especially the 2 headed droid fighter, it looks like some sort of siamese twin to me. The new clone battlepack is good though, I might be able to get some ep.2 clones finally!

Edited by Lord Of Pies

I wonder how many clones that Republic Shuttle can carry because that cargo area looks small and if that's a new shooting mechanism then it might take up more of the cargo area space. I hope it doesn't end up like the Twilight with the main body being all a new mechanism.

Bah!

Why did Lego have to make the new Tie fighter grey? I wouldn't have minded if the rest of the Tie fighters were also grey but if I buy the new one it is going to stick out a bit.

I don't like many of the new sets, especially the 2 headed droid fighter, it looks like some sort of siamese twin to me. The new clone battlepack is good though, I might be able to get some ep.2 clones finally!

Well I personally hate it when things stand out as well, but this one is Vaders Tie so it is a bit different giving it the ability to stand out

I wonder how many clones that Republic Shuttle can carry because that cargo area looks small and if that's a new shooting mechanism then it might take up more of the cargo area space. I hope it doesn't end up like the Twilight with the main body being all a new mechanism.

Gah I hope thats not the case, it looks like it can hold a decent amount, i may just have to MOD it if it is like that, but i still hope its not.

Edited by Matteo Kenobi

Next to the amazing information that we'll get a minifig scaled Tantive 4 next year I hope that the information on the list of a Endor Battle Playset and some sort of Hoth set with a Tauntaun ( :wub: ) is right! And I hope that we'll get this rumoured Home 1 playset, too! These surely would be awesome sets! :oh:

I mean: The possibilities are there: TLG released the Rpublic Attack Gunship which inclued a speeder bike. So why not using it for an Endor set, too?! :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Wow - thanks :thumbup:

Man I wish they'd ship Brickmaster to Denmark.

Man, I want one of those RACs now. :cry_sad: I hope we will get instructions soon. Then I can try making one from my own bricks.

Man, I want one of those RACs now. :cry_sad: I hope we will get instructions soon. Then I can try making one from my own bricks.

haha exactly! I would even be willing to order all the parts of Pick a brick just to make that awesome thing =]

Here's a slightly better image of the mini Star Destroyer promo set.

Thanks for the better pic Shine :thumbup: . I really like this mini and fortunately I am suscribed to Brickmaster :grin::wink: .

Edited by darkrebellion

I went to Toys r us and asked if i could have a look at the products catalogue for next year. I was suprised she said yes which was good.I had a look at it and it had the january 2009 sets there but on the second last page it had a long list of coming soon legos on it. I picked out the star wars ones

8020: Ashoka's Starfighter $20

8021: Tri Droid $30

8022: Republic Star Destroyer $120

8023: Episode 1: Gungan Bongo Sub $40

8024: Episode 2: Geonosian Arena $80

8025: Episode 3: Naboo Cruiser $50

8026: Episode 4: Tantive IV $60

8027: Episode 5: Mellenium Falcon $100

8028: Episode 6: Rebel Endor Base $50

they just listed the price and set number. I also asked about the competition sets and they said that none of the staff here know only lego excectutives know. but she didnt let me keep the catalogue. I'll try to get it next time I go and scan the page.

Thanks for the new list JimboJones :thumbup: . Now this list is amazing, a new bongo sub :wub: , a Geonosis arena battle :wub: :wub: and a naboo cruiser :wub::wub::wub: . I really want the tri-droid and endor base, after all the first one is my favorite CIS vehicle :cry_happy: .

Edited by darkrebellion

Thanks, JimboJones. While there's no proof, this list actually sounds realistic, a move TLG would make. It has one set from each episode to mark the anniversary, which, IMO, is great! All of the original trilogy sets sound right, but the in the PT sets, I think it would be better if the Naboo Cruiser was for episode one, using the respective type. Then, in episode III, they could do a jedi temple. But the Geonosis arena sounds great! I'll have to check this out next time I stop at TRU. :sweet:

8020: Ashoka's Starfighter $20

8021: Tri Droid $30

8022: Republic Star Destroyer $120

8023: Episode 1: Gungan Bongo Sub $40

8024: Episode 2: Geonosian Arena $80

8025: Episode 3: Naboo Cruiser $50

8026: Episode 4: Tantive IV $60

8027: Episode 5: Mellenium Falcon $100

8028: Episode 6: Rebel Endor Base $50

Amazing news! Confirmation of more new sets. Though, to be completely honest, the only one that I'm sure I want is the Tri Droid. I might get that Republic Star Destroyer if I have the money, but that's a big if. :sceptic:

Other than that, the rest of the sets sound awesome, but also look expensive. Plus, I'm a big Clone Wars fan, so it's no surprise that not many of these appeal to me. Though that Geonosian Arena could be pretty awesome.

Amazing news! Confirmation of more new sets. Though, to be completely honest, the only one that I'm sure I want is the Tri Droid. I might get that Republic Star Destroyer if I have the money, but that's a big if. :sceptic:

Other than that, the rest of the sets sound awesome, but also look expensive. Plus, I'm a big Clone Wars fan, so it's no surprise that not many of these appeal to me. Though that Geonosian Arena could be pretty awesome.

It's not confirmed- he might be lying, he might have been falsely informed, but TLG hasn't confirmed this. :wink:

It's not confirmed- he might be lying, he might have been falsely informed, but TLG hasn't confirmed this. :wink:

True. I guess I shouldn't jump the gun like that, but it's definitely more likely than the wiki list. :tongue:

I still really want that Tri Droid, especially if it comes with another Captain Rex. I erased the Jaig eyes on my first Rex from the AT-TE to make a standard blue ARC Trooper, and I would like another one. :tongue:

Wow this list it sounds great! Ahsokas starfighter and the tri droid are very believable! Good to hear for sure! The endor base makes sense since we got the hoth base, it will be along the same lines I imagine, only hopefully slightly better! Another Gungan Sub? Humm I have the first one but if this new one is like WOW then I may buy it, because i loved the original one! Genoisan Arena! Wow, that would have to be a big set, so I wonder how they could do it? Naboo cruiser, if its Naboo I buy it, I love that stuff :wub: , sonds very cool!! Another Millenium Falcon was expected so its pretty believable. Republic Star Destroyer, I may just be in love :wub:

Two things that strike me though, questioning the legitamy of this.

The Tantive IV was to be a Lego S@H and Lego Store exclusive, whats toys r us doing with it? Also wasn't the price point $170? No way they could make a good one for $60 unless it wasn't mini fig scale, that concerns me. Also, no Taun tauns, thats a dissapointment! If its true that is.