Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

On 5/20/2022 at 1:49 AM, The Legonater said:

Greetin's, Merei. 

Soren listens over her words, and shrugs somewhat.

What we don't know, we don't know. I can get behind the whole endeavor for knowledge 'nd all, but 'seems to me it just leads to trouble more often than not. 'Best to keep to yourself and be content as things are. 

It takes Soren a beat before he realizes he may have immediately bumped against this individual's worldview mere moments after meeting her, and coughs once into his hand to distract from any potential awkwardness.

Uh, crazy mind monsters sound neat, though. What 'sactly do you mean by that? "A different mind" and all. 

Merei nods. "It does lead to trouble at times, especially when those who are ignorant get their hands on knowledge they mean to use with ill-intent. But, it is equally dangerous to live veiled. The failure to name something does not make the thing go away. As for what I mean by a different mind, I unfortunately cannot fully say. I know its experience of the world around it was markedly different than our own, but how and why, that I cannot answer."

On 6/2/2022 at 3:24 PM, Zepher said:

Merei nods. "It does lead to trouble at times, especially when those who are ignorant get their hands on knowledge they mean to use with ill-intent. But, it is equally dangerous to live veiled. The failure to name something does not make the thing go away. As for what I mean by a different mind, I unfortunately cannot fully say. I know its experience of the world around it was markedly different than our own, but how and why, that I cannot answer."

Soren leans back, a thin grin crossing his face. 

I dunno, if your ignored problems aren't going away, it sounds to me like you're just not running fast enough.

This weird mind of yours, for example. 'Sounds like a big problem - it also sounds like diggin' around is gonna do you more trouble than avoiding it will.

The doors to the hall open. Varen stumbles in.

"My rickety chair still there?" he asks, words slurred slightly. He walks past the notice board, past everyone and right to the bar. "Ah there it is!"

The damn broken, rickety stool. Varen grabs it, hits it a few times to get one leg back into place and he sits down on it. "Water please. I really need it."

He looks around the hall. "Oh. Sorry. I'm back. I think."

52237986195_e2153c7acd_o.jpg

Maxwell Walsh comes striding through the doors, and scans the grand hotel room.

"Hmm, quieter than I thought it'd be".

Turning his attention to the mission board, he was surprised to find it empty.

"Guess it's a good thing no one is needing a hero at the moment. Suppose I'll have a chance to rest awhile before my first mission."

Suddenly finding finding the party back at Heroica Hall. Polaris and MILES just went quietly to their room. MILES eventually went off somewhere, Polaris unaware of "his" location, mostly because she was sleeping and meditating most of the time. Trying to improve herself with the sudden free time she had... 

53488439390_3038ce9066_t.jpglivvytrabriccropped by Nova EB, on Flickr

A click and a woosh is heard, and a figure walks in.

They are wearing a mixture of bright green and dark green armor, with a black visor down and holding a large piece of hardware. There is a large occult icon scrawled on the chestplate in chalk.

The figure walks up to the bar and pops up their visor.

"Hey, 'Tender! Y'all serve cocoa? The shipping area of that freighter was mighty cold..."

She sips on a mug of cocoa, happily unaware of how silly she seems to look. There's a whipped cream mustache on her upper lip.

"Any jobs around? I need some new armor... and a new music disc."