Bob De Quatre

[REVIEW] 41693 - Surfer Beachfront

Set information

Set Name: Surfer Beachfront

Set Number: 41693

Number of Pieces: 685

Theme: Friends

Year Release: 06/2021

Prices: £59.99 / $69.99 / €69.99 (Euro prices may vary)

#41693 on Brickset

#41693 on Rebrickable

Let the happy vibes of vacations last the whole year with the LEGO® Friends Surfer Beachfront (41693) toy. Kids who love vacations can relive holiday memories as they hang out with friends by the sea.

LEGO life’s a beach
The 2-story building houses an ice cream shop with roof terrace, a beach gear rental store and LEGO Friends Mia’s grandmother’s apartment and vegetable garden. The set comes with a cool open-top car, which Andrea and Mia can load up with their boards as they go in search ofthe surf. At the beach they can ride the waves and play with the dolphin and turtle toys. Like all LEGO Friends sets it includes a wealth of accessories to spark creative storytelling. A toy guitar, record player and sunscreen are just some of the elements included to help kids on their way to imaginative holiday adventures.

Great friendship gifts for kids
Introduce kids to Heartlake City, a place of everyday heroes and exciting missions, where every youngster will find a friend like them.

• Immerse little builders in a world of summer fun with the LEGO® Friends Surfer Beachfront (41693) toy. Kids can make-believe the perfect day catching waves and hanging out at the beach with friends.
  • Toy playset includes a beach gear rental store, an ice cream shop and an apartment. Comes with an open-top car, LEGO® Friends Mia and Andrea, a micro-doll, plus dog, dolphin and turtle toys for kids.
  • Kids can hire surf gear, meet friends at the ice cream shop then head off in the car to lookfor waves. They can hang out with Mia’s grandma and help her pick vegetables in her rooftop garden.
  • With so many features to discover, this set will make a fantastic birthday or Christmas gift for kids aged 6+ who love to bask in the memory of fun summer vacations.
  • Measuring over 7 in. (18 cm) high, 13 in. (35 cm) wide and 3 in. (10 cm) deep, this entertaining creative gift is small enough to keep out on display yet is brimming with feature-filled fun.
  • This set is a great friendship toy. The top-floor rooms are removable so they can be played with separately. The rooms can also be rearranged in any order. Perfect for creative kids!
  • There are lots of accessories for kids who love creative play. A guitar, 3 surfboards; 2 paddles, a record player, kitchen items and a coconut water drink are just some of the many elements included.
  • Take kids on a vacation getaway to LEGO® Friends Heartlake City and let their imaginations ride a wave of creativity. There they’ll discover exciting adventures, everyday heroes and lots of animal toys.
  • Since 1958, popular LEGO® toys have met rigorous industry standards, plus the LEGO Group's own quality criteria, to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
  • The bricks and pieces of new LEGO® toys are dropped, squashed, twisted, heated, bent, scratched and stretched to ensure they meet stringent global safety and quality standards.

Box and content

A medium sized box filled to the brim for this set, with the front showing the facade of the two buildings, the beach side and Mia's car, with lots of accessories. The back of the box of course shows the inside of the buildings, and play features of some areas.

51183545615_931ea382ca_c.jpg

51183545640_4e0b41a6a9_c.jpg

The bow contains 7 numbered bags, a plastic bag with the stickers sheet and three instruction booklets, and 2 loose 8x16 lavender plates.

51182669603_8319f9588b_c.jpg

The instructions booklets cover Mia's car for the first and smaller one (35 pages), the beach side and the icecream shop for the second (64 pages) while the third one covers the surf shop and the appartment above. The clear stickers sheet is too big for my taste, but I have to say the stickers add a nice touch to the builds.

51181766217_e4899876d5_c.jpg

The Build

The build is easy and pretty straightforward, with simple techniques.

Bag 1:

51183237149_a96cd0c1c8_c.jpg

Bag 2:

51182669833_56884aefaf_c.jpg

Bag 3 :

I really like the icecream signboard, with top 2x2 dome in satin trans dark pink.

51183237114_cb27f4d242_c.jpg51182669813_8aeff4d219_c.jpg

Bag 4:

51182452696_2857e32524_c.jpg

Bag 5:

51181766062_4553a8c789_c.jpg51181766042_409db9baa0_c.jpg

Bag 6:

51183536415_1237110e60_c.jpg51183236959_a0f658eb0e_c.jpg

Bag 7:

51183236914_57d5beb6c1_c.jpg51182669553_37b113a943_c.jpg

The final build looks really great. I was doubtful of the way the crashing waves were done, but in the end it's ok. There is a lot of details, both outside and inside the buildings. The buildings are attached by two technic pins , so you can easily split them appart for play or display, or you can even fit a building of your own between them.

51183236904_fc1b658774_c.jpg

51183236859_e4697183e4_c.jpg

51181765902_d22fb79259_c.jpg

One of my favorite area: the beach... Well that's mainly for that so cute baby turtle!

51183236804_c50bf09b56_c.jpg

The outdoor loundge above the icecream shop looks very comfy, and you can eat cakes while listening to an old vinyl record...

I also really like the simple but effective technique for the icecream shop's awning.

51183236769_7a3b7091c3_c.jpg

The minidolls

The set comes with 3 minidolls and a microdoll:

- Mia

-Andrea

- Nora - Mia's grandmother that is exclusive to this set

- Ava - Only appeared in one other set earlier this year

The sets also comes with 4 animals: a dolphin, a dog, a baby turtle and a clam with a surprise inside...

51182452641_193bc7322c_c.jpg

Conclusion

Design: 9/10 - A simple yet very good looking build. The colros are vibrant, and the amount of details is great. The car is a little too bulky, but it fits 4 minifigs and has still space left for a trunk.

Parts: 8/10 - The part selection is nice, with lots of small parts and accessories.

Playability: 8/10 - The set feature 2 shops, an appartment room, an outdoor loundge, a rooftop garden and a beach. There is a lot to do here, and the set provide lots of accessories.

Minidols: 8/10 - The 4 minidols are  nice, especially the two girls tops. Nora is exclusive to the set and Ava is only found in one other set.

Price: 6/10 - With ppp of 0,10€ and 4 minidolls, this set seems a bit too pricey. But is is a very nice set.

Overall: 39/50 (78%) - A really pleasant set, great looking and playable, with lots of activities for the minidolls. A nice amount of details and accessories really give life to the beachside shops.

Another good review, thanks dude. 

Is that green minifig head supposed to be a watermelon? Not very convincing! 

Interesting set. Is that light aqua on the building?

And I thought the watermelon head was decent. I ordered a handful because you never know when you'll need a watermelon head.

That car is ugly. But I guess it works. The ice cream cone is clever and looks better than how they used to make them.

9 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Interesting set. Is that light aqua on the building?

And I thought the watermelon head was decent. I ordered a handful because you never know when you'll need a watermelon head.

That car is ugly. But I guess it works. The ice cream cone is clever and looks better than how they used to make them.

Yep it's aqua.

I'm also a bit dissapointed by the watermelon, especially compared to the pineapple. But it does it's job.

I like how it looks, but the price is insane, especially when you consider that it's mostly built from panels and those dang elongated bricks instead of conventional pieces. Just doesn't feel right in terms of what value you get for your money.

Mylenium

This is probably my favourite Friends set this year. I won't  buy it most likely, but Ilike the estethics of the buidings. The color scheme is perfect for a tropical coastal area. On the other hand, the car feels/looks strange to me, but I guess it adds up to play value. Afterall, this set is clearly not targeted at adults. 

Thanks for a nice review, @Bob De Quatre.

Thank you very much for this great review, @Bob De Quatre! :thumbup:

The exterior of the two houses is done very well. The interior is quite nice, too - only for my taste there's too much of dark pink and light purple.