MicVash

Roc -- Heavy Battle Armor

indexed.gif

Roc -- Heavy Battle Armor (Hardsuit)

2568083019_88d13f79f3_o.jpg

2568082897_4eacf44f75_o.jpg

2568907350_8b9b031d7e_o.jpg

2568907452_73f29230a2_o.jpg

Clan Morrigan has been busy developing its Armored Division to support its many quick strike units as well infantry. In the spirit of Clan Morrigan's advanced tech features and mobile units, a heavy battle armor was developed instead of the typical tank. The hardsuit has been dubbed "Roc" named after the collosal mythical bird that was so powerful it could carry and devour elephants. There is expected to be a few more Rocs developed that will feature alternative weaponry such as gauss cannons and long range missles.

Check more out, add comments and notes at my Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattman_evers/

That suit Rocs! (Get it? I said Ro- never mind)

Great hardsuit, that thing is sooooo awesome. Good job!

Now this is cool. The black and dark green look great together, the shoulder cannons are an awesome touch, and the wrist cannons are cool too, those technic pins make for great weapons. The feet are very cool, though I'm not sure it works as well for the hands. Still, it's a very cool mech, little things like the wings and choice of headgear make this really very cool.

You know, the big, chunky mech with a helmet like that kind of reminds me of the Defiler from Warhammer 40,000.

~Peace

Awesome!!!!! But no wings? (the roc is a flyer, no?)

Just two tiny wings for show on the back.

I named it ROC because I wanted every unit in Clan Morrigan to be related to a bird because the Clan symbol is a raven (Morrigan named after a goddess of war who sometimes took the shape of a raven). The ROC seemed appropiate because it was a massive vicious mythical bird and those qualities are evident in the suit -- big and bulky, armored, heavy weaponry, talons. Also ROC Suit is an acronym: Reinforced Overkill Combat Suit.

Just two tiny wings for show on the back.

I named it ROC because I wanted every unit in Clan Morrigan to be related to a bird because the Clan symbol is a raven (Morrigan named after a goddess of war who sometimes took the shape of a raven). The ROC seemed appropiate because it was a massive vicious mythical bird and those qualities are evident in the suit -- big and bulky, armored, heavy weaponry, talons. Also ROC Suit is an acronym: Reinforced Overkill Combat Suit.

Oh!! In that case: Clever choice for the name. :thumbup:

Very nice there. as stated before, a supurb color scheme and weapons.

also, does anyone know what happened to micvash? I havent seen him post in awhile.

jifel

I love this mecha ! looks so brutal, so violent ! it heads is awesome, great work!!!! :thumbup:

A very original and simply cool work indeed, almost daunting in its massive appearance. :thumbup: