antp

[WIP-MOC] My House

Recently we nought a bread machine, so I had to add it to the Lego kitchen:

DSC_9001_2.JPG

It is a Minecraft skeleton head: it fits really well for the size and the printed pattern matches where the buttons are on the top cover :)

It is attached via a 1x2 jumper plate to the toaster behind it.

We also recently repainted the kitched door in black, so I directly updated the Lego version (it was much faster and easier to change the color of the Lego door than the real one :grin:)

I made a large order of dark red slopes a while ago, without knowing the exact number I needed for the roof. It was nearly enough: not much were missing, so after a second order I finished the roof:

DSC_9098_2.JPG DSC_9099_2.JPG

DSC_9100_2.JPG

The black line at the edge of the flat roof will be replaced by dark bluish grey as soon as https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=99206&C=85#T=C&C=85 will be easier to find (as it was just released)

I'm just missing a dark orange 1x2x1 panel for one of the chimneys: I had two of these, I found that it fitted well for that role, before seeing it was not a common part :look: The shop where I ordered the last slopes had one, so I only have to find one more in a future order. It is temporarily replaced by a medium nougat one.

The underside:

DSC_9101_2.JPG

Edited by antp

Some news, as I had less time for Lego in July-August, it did not move much.

In June we replaced the furnace (for the heading system of the house), so I did the same in the Lego version:

DSC_9206_2.JPG

The white heater was replaced by a grey and black, with a different pipe at the top, and also an added hot water tank under it and a small expansion tank. That small tank is depicted by a white minifig head. The hot water tank under the heater is temporarily a grey 3x3x2 brick-build cube, to be replaced by that part I have to get:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=73111&C=86#T=C&C=86

Above that I'll put a black 3x3 tile (I only have a grey one for the moment)

Originally I tried to make a brick-build cylinder, after a few tries I had a satisfying result:

DSC_9179_1.JPG

But it was too high, the single round part will fit better.

To make room for the tank we had to move the piano to the other side, and switch the two desks:

DSC_9207_2.JPG

The dark grey desk was just a remnant of a kitchen countertop with four Ikea legs. As it was a little small for the other desk, we found at Ikea a desk + drawers box that was just the right size for that side of the room:

DSC_9230_2.JPG

(black, not the easiest color to photograph...)

I forgot to mention that I added to my site a few photos with higher quality of the whole MOC: https://antp.be/lego/moc/house.php

Another task I started this summer is the construction of the basement.

On the blueprint it looks quite empty:

plan_ug_r.png

But in reality there is a lot of work to MOC all the stuff stored there :grin:

The base:
DSC_9885_1.JPGDSC_9886_1.JPG

I started with the corner of the stairs:

DSC_0357_2.JPG

The ground in dark grey tiles is actual tiles that we recently put there for the laundry room part of the basement (the 1/3rd near the stairs). The ground of the other 2/3rd is a mix of black stone, cement and bricks.

The thing on the wall with the few "plate with tooth" is hanger for shoes like this one: https://www.amazon.fr/Wenko-4340030100-Support-chaussures-Porte/dp/B0034KYPDG (and I found that this Lego part was good to depict shoes :classic:)

I am happy that I got a lot of https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=65578#T=C "just in case", it was useful for making the pipes.

To be continued soon.

Mid-August the stairs were renovated. Once the work finished, the Lego version started to replace the blue.

Ground floor and first landing:

DSC_0431_2.JPG

Upper floor:

DSC_0432_2.JPG

Second landing and last floor:

DSC_0434_2.JPG

The risers (vertical part of the steps) should be white. For two of the four flights of stairs I could do it, using 1x3 white bricks instead of grey, with the grey tile on top for the step, but for those built in SNOT it won't work, so I made all in grey.

The basement stairs were also refreshed, in dark grey. As that one was not yet made in Lego, I did it directly in the right color:

DSC_0425_2.JPG

(not yet complete on the photo, but you get the idea :grin:)

The white cylinder is the electric boiler for hot water that we were using before replacing the main heater. We keep it in case that heater breaks down (or if at some point there is no more natural gas...)

Then I made the washing machine and the dryer:

DSC_0449_1.JPGDSC_0450_1.JPG

Some of the plastic parts of the dryer yellowed, so I had to search in my parts those that also yellowed :laugh: The 2x2 tile is a little damaged, I thought I had better ones, but I probably used them hidden in another MOC :sceptic: The grey part on the washing machine should be replaced by a white one.

The machines at their place:

DSC_0451_2.JPG

The "laundry room" part of the basement is nearly finished:

DSC_0453_2.JPG

The blue thing beside the boiler is a small expansion tank. The grey and yellow thing beside that under the stairs is the gas meter and its yellow pipe.

I used 1x2 bricks with masonry here and there to add some effect to the wall, as the real wall is made out of bricks simply painted in white. It is good that this part appeared recently.

Thanks :) You seem the only one though... or maybe a lot of other viewers are just watching without commenting ? :grin: (which I understand, since I also do not often comment on other threads :blush:)

On 9/20/2022 at 12:19 PM, antp said:

Thanks :) You seem the only one though... or maybe a lot of other viewers are just watching without commenting ? :grin: (which I understand, since I also do not often comment on other threads :blush:)

I'm here, and been watching since the beginning! You're doing an awesome job, and kudos to you for your attention to detail / planning ahead skills.

Keep up the good work @antp!

Recently we had the cornice repaired, the zinc was replaced by a bitumen sheet (Derbidum or similar), which means a change of color: I had to switch from grey to black:

DSC_0542_2.JPG

At the same time, the pipe bringing water from the cornice to the back of the house was also replaced. The old one was in a casing which we removed; the new one is then visible (it passes behind the two book cases, but here in the Lego version it was complicated to do).

Until we refresh that part of the wall, the plaster is visible where the casing was, hence the tan line in the Lego version.

DSC_0543_2.JPG

Photo of before for comparison:

DSC_0434_2.JPG

I also continue the basement and finished the wall between the "laundry room" area and the rest of the basement:

DSC_0565_2.JPG

On the right part of that wall, the electrical meter & board. From there a lot of electric cables start, passing in cable trays, represented here by tiles with grille.

I take the opportunity to add a remark that I forgot in my previous post: after a few trials, the washing machine finally kept a similar structure as the one I made for my previous apartments, but slightly improved with the part https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=26604 which did not exist back then - the one that is grey and should be replaced by a white one.

The small tan cabinet (shoe storage) kept the same conception as in my two apartments, I just replaced the couples of 1x4 tiles by 2x4 tiles.

P1100744_1.JPGP1110831_2.JPG

The other side of the wall:

DSC_0572_2.JPG

A lot of stuff :laugh:

From left to right, the grey cylinder is the expansion tank of the central heating. The yellow life preserver (to be replaced by an orange one) represents the garden hose used to empty the central heating if needed. Laying on it, a worker hat that should be replaced by the yellow version.

On the shelf under it, remains/offcut of white plastic cladding and similar, in yellow a level tool, and large bubble wrap represented by an old transparent 2x4 plate from the 60s.

On the ground, some kind of pedal car for kids, but without pedals: moving forward is done by rowing with the handle bar.

The stair-like wall on the left are air vents (to a grille on the street).

On the top right, a small tools cabinet, which took me some time: it is never easy the SNOT on odd lengths.

DSC_0544_1.JPG

(grey tile on the side was replaced by a matching nougat tile)

Edited by antp

Cheers for the update :)

The cornice water pipe, I hope it stays intact! Would not be fun if it burst apart.

We replaced it because it was becoming old, we were afraid of leaks since that seem to have happened long time ago (long before we bought the house), and was repaired back then. Normally now it should be good for a few years...

The other wall of the central part of the basement:

DSC_0608_2.JPG

At the top of the shelves, a saw with wood offcuts. This one would match much better: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18983pb01#T=C ... I'll have to get it.

In olive green, a metallic cabined with small drawers. On the right the shelve that I already had in my previous apartments but that I modified each time.

The other side of the wall:

DSC_0609_2.JPG

The thing on the right of the two metallic storage cabinets is a board with small wheels to move furniture. On the right wall near the door, an extra electric heater stored there (seeing the current cost of the energy, it will most likely not be used soon) and the washing machine of my previous apartment stored there as it was redundant with the one from my girlfriend.

At the top of the wall, a wooden board with coat hangers and still the cable trays, going to the corner of the basement to go upper floors.

The ground is more colored here, like in reality; the dark tan is used for a kind of marble and the dark red for bricks. For these two colors the best match would be sand red, but it is unfortunately too rare in Lego :( I hope they will reuse it some day.

Detail of the metallic storage cabinets:

DSC_0594_1.JPG

The pile of tires is also visible in the corner that was still empty in my previous post, under the small nougat cabinet.

The basement is soon finished, last part is almost completed:

DSC_0614_2.JPG

The corner on the right is a freezer on top of the spare washing machine mentioned earlier.

The empty area beside that is currently occupied by tires and a few boxes, but these tires will soon go so I'll make that area in Lego only after we have reorganized it.

For the wall itself, I need for more parts to arrive so it will wait a little. It is them time to go back to the ground floor, at the top of the stairs we have the basement door:

DSC_0620_1.JPG

It is part of the first thing I did in that MOC, in page 1.

We go to the veranda, where we can see the hot water tank of the heater is finally replaced by the part https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=73111&C=86#T=C&C=86 and a black tile:

DSC_0657_2.JPG

From there we go to the garden, starting with the patio:

DSC_0628_2.JPG

I'll do the garden in several modules, it will be more handy I think.

As I reach the end of my stock of 2x6 and 4x6 dark bluish grey plates I bought for previous apartments, I started to use old plates of other colors (broken, damaged or discolored, so perfect for being hidden by other parts)

Continuing the patio. I didn't make intermediary photos as that build was rather quick; it is almost done, I'm just missing a few parts:

DSC_0914_2.JPG DSC_0915_2.JPG

The big black thing is a ping-pong table hidden under a cover.

For the small round table stand I used a propeller (there are not many parts with 3 branches), but I still have to get a grey one.

For the large table I used window frames 1x4x3, I don't know if I'll keep that or make something else later. The downside with the current solution is that there is too much grey on the ground (the bottom of the frame).

The watering can is the right color, I'm lucky :grin:

Last month we adopted a new car. One year ago the white cat died, so we only had the tabby one since then. The new one is black, so I still have to get https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6251#T=C in black. And if it becomes as big as the other one (the tabby one, for which I used a grey one in Lego), I'll use https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=13786pb03#T=C&C=11

So we put back the second litter box, this time at the same place as the other one:

DSC_0840_2.JPG

We also bought a compact and discrete cat tree for the living room:

DSC_0942_2.JPG

(the 1x1 grey panel still have to be replaced by dark grey)

New cat means new naughtiness, the basement felt from where it was:

DSC_0938_1.JPG

Some damage, but at the same time not so much, the build was tough:

DSC_0939_1.JPG

I could put everything in place in less than an hour, but I still had to get help from a photo for one of the parts :look:

Analysis revealed that the impact point was the 2x3 grey tile of the corner near the stair bottom, at the top of that photo (logically, it is the most broken area), the part has a damaged corner, but is still well usable.

Edited by antp

As I tidied the part of the basement that I still had to do, and received more 1x2 bricks with texture, I could finish the Lego basement:

DSC_1088_2.JPG

In reality the bow's arrow does not go into the wall, but in reality the arrow isn't attached to the bow like in the Lego version :grin:

I also re-did photos of the whole thing;

DSC_1107_2.JPG DSC_1105_2.JPG

Not easy with such small space.