Ross Fisher

[O7 - Krownest - CE] Message from the wreckage

*Your entry has earned 14 XP*

Spent some time on Krownest after the liberation of Mandalore. Ardé had grown a bit of a reputation, and was looking for ways to bolster the system. She took me to a junkyard and showed me a number of ships. Wreckage of far too many wars that had rolled over this corner of the galaxy.

Wreckage on Krownest

Well, with a little bit of tender loving care, she reckoned she could get those ships flying again. A little defence fleet for the planet, or part of something larger for the system. I told her I would put in a good word with the Duchess. In times like these, we all need friends we can rely on. 

The image I based the ship on:

RW+BAN+Concept+Art.jpg

Edited by goatman461

THOSE TREES. 
Sorry.
The build is great, I'm a big fan of the "little-spots-of-terrain-suggest-at-larger-terrain" method, and will probably have to be using it soon. But the trees are just gorgeous, what an effect.
The ship looks sort of like a giant block, but that's accurate to the source material, and the color shaping is good, as is the snow. 

10 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

THOSE TREES

I originally put both trees on the same base as the ship. Then realised that I couldn't see my careful ship detailing at all. They were quite fun to build though. You will need lots of 1x1 round plates with holes through the centre for support rods. Plus white minifig guns...

Edited by Ross Fisher

Some nice trees. The color choice for the trunk is interesting, but it works. I wish the picture was less blurry.

I like this one. The setup is quite effective from this angle, which is supposed to be the right one for the force perspective. The color scheme is well chosen in line with the minifigs. The trees build is more interesting after a second inspection. Good job!

Edited by dvogon

A nice build and cool representation of the concept art. I would have loved to see a hole in the ships side though - that would have given a lot of potential for different textures etc.