Sogenius106

The Office

Hello, this is my version of "The Office" on Lego Ideas. We currently have 8142 supporters and only 52 days left to get to 10k. So I would kindly ask you to please support the project and share this around with anyone because anything helps with this short amount of time we have left. 

Feel free to reply with any questions or feedback. 

Support here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/86dd17b7-c266-4426-b67b-8cb525882504#&gid=1&pid=1

webp

Great build! I think tiling the floors may be a good idea.

34 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Great build! I think tiling the floors may be a good idea.

Thank you, I will put that into consideration for future improvements. Thanks for the feedback JintaiZ

The Office has already got to 10k four times, what does this add? 

1 hour ago, MAB said:

The Office has already got to 10k four times, what does this add? 

Well I mean we are so close to the finish line...and it's a staff pick...

35 minutes ago, Sogenius106 said:

Well I mean we are so close to the finish line...and it's a staff pick...

Staff Picks does has no impact on the review, but I would still say this is worth a try. For example, many previous medieval designs were rejected but the Blacksmith still got approved.

Supported!

This is probably one of the best Office projects I've seen so far on IDEAS. Most of the other ones I've seen feel like copy and pastes of each other and so its nice to see fresh take on the idea. You did a great job of balancing the details from the show while keeping it at a reasonable size. It would defiantly make a great display piece!

1 hour ago, MuscoviteSandwich said:

Supported!

This is probably one of the best Office projects I've seen so far on IDEAS. Most of the other ones I've seen feel like copy and pastes of each other and so its nice to see fresh take on the idea. You did a great job of balancing the details from the show while keeping it at a reasonable size. It would defiantly make a great display piece!

It is the same person resubmitting them.

6 hours ago, MuscoviteSandwich said:

Supported!

Well, ever since august when they chose mine as a staff pick and promoted it on Twitter, that's when everyone suddenly submitted Lego ideas sets based on the office because they didn't know that lego allowed them to use the office IP before. Not to sound cocky but mine is one of the true originals on lego ideas. 

4 hours ago, MAB said:

Well yeah, there is one creator who has submitted the same project 3 times and got 10k all 3 times. His project hit 10k recently but the other 2 times they got declined. But if mine reaches 10k this time, Lego will have 2 sets based on the office to review. Maybe they'll release an office set based on both of our ideas combined. that's what I'm hoping for. :)

8 hours ago, MAB said:

Not necessarily, 3 of them have been submitted by the user "Lego the Office" in  2015, 2019 , and 2020. One has been submitted by the user with a very similar name of "theoffice_lego" in 2018 that looks like its based on the original 2015 project. One has been submitted by the user "Bricktory Lap" in 2020. Finally there is one that was just submitted by "BrickMeisterZ" at the end of 2020. There are others as well, however these 6 projects all seem to share the same DNA with how the model is laid out.

Edited by MuscoviteSandwich

1 hour ago, MuscoviteSandwich said:

Not necessarily, 3 of them have been submitted by the user "Lego the Office" in  2015, 2019 , and 2020. One has been submitted by the user with a very similar name of "theoffice_lego" in 2018 that looks like its based on the original 2015 project. One has been submitted by the user "Bricktory Lap" in 2020. Finally there is one that was just submitted by "BrickMeisterZ" at the end of 2020. There are others as well, however these 6 projects all seem to share the same DNA with how the model is laid out.

The user "Lego the Office" has submitted the same project 3 times, and all achieving 10k. I think now that lego is allowing the use of the office IP he has better chances of this review coming up. 

I love The Office. I can only imagine they would have to remove a lot to make it a set. The supporting cast is plentiful and important, but I could see them cutting out most of the group and leaving only Michael, Jim, Pam, Dwight.

This build while captures a lot of the great parts of it, is really crowded (I understand limitations and wanting to keep it smaller). Having the full office is great for fans of the show, but also less likely to actually pass review.

Good luck!

13 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

I love The Office. I can only imagine they would have to remove a lot to make it a set. The supporting cast is plentiful and important, but I could see them cutting out most of the group and leaving only Michael, Jim, Pam, Dwight.

This build while captures a lot of the great parts of it, is really crowded (I understand limitations and wanting to keep it smaller). Having the full office is great for fans of the show, but also less likely to actually pass review.

Good luck!

I feel like they could produce more than 4 Minifigures, in the central perk set they had 7, they should really only leave out the unimportant people like creed and Meredith, maybe Stanley, andy, and Kevin too if they really want to keep it low. 

That's the problem...they all add a bit to the story, so you leave some out, then who gets the axe?

After you gut them, who is left? Ryan, Kelly, and Angela? You think those three portray the best of the supporting cast? 

I feel like all of the background characters would need to be there to feel complete if it is a true Office set. I guess this is why I'm not in charge of IDEAS or making my own submissions.

Friends had the main cast and Gunther was a nice toss in. Big Bang Theory had the main cast. Seinfeld will have the main group. Office has a huge group that all have a pretty steady part and not just throw away characters. *Shrugs* Just my opinion.

41 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

That's the problem...they all add a bit to the story, so you leave some out, then who gets the axe?

After you gut them, who is left? Ryan, Kelly, and Angela? You think those three portray the best of the supporting cast? 

I feel like all of the background characters would need to be there to feel complete if it is a true Office set. I guess this is why I'm not in charge of IDEAS or making my own submissions.

Friends had the main cast and Gunther was a nice toss in. Big Bang Theory had the main cast. Seinfeld will have the main group. Office has a huge group that all have a pretty steady part and not just throw away characters. *Shrugs* Just my opinion.

That's true they all add something. But if Lego decides to make a set based on the office, they would need to condense the build down so it's not so large like the other submissions but not too compact like mine. I'm sure they would find a way to make little areas possible like Michael's office and the annex, with some creative ways like they always tend to do.  I am no Lego designer but I'm pretty sure that the official designers will add as many people as they can and maybe add references to other characters like they did with the sesame street set.