Sign in to follow this  
brickbitz

Review of 7628 Peril In Peru

This is a very nice set, for which I have intentions of getting, but I just hope that it won't be a Hoth Base All over again *knocks on wood* :hmpf:

Thanks for the review, BrickBitz! This is a cool set, I love all the weapons you get and that sweet brick-built plane. If only the City planes were like this, they would be so much better. Thanks again, BrickBitz!

~Peace

Thanks for the review, brickbitz :sweet:

I really like this set, the plane looks great and all of the little vehicles and carriages are very nice. I love the stairs, a great addition. The Soviet jeep looks great, with some clever techniques such as the neck brackets and the mudguards. Although it does look rather messy with a wide range of colours, it still looks nice, almost as good as the Race for the Stolen Treasure jeep.

The plane itself is great, I love the brickbuilt feel to it. I especially like the detail of the underbelly, and the fact that you can fold the wheels in and out. I think that the wings should be slightly shorter though, it looks funny from a head-on view. Perhaps it's that the wings are too thin, or mabye that they are too far down, I'm not sure. It's a shame that we don't get an interior, that would've really spiced it up, although I suppose you could put the cargo in there. A couple of seats wouldn't go amiss though.

As for the minifigs, I'm not sure who they could've included that would be relevent to the (short-lived) scene in the movie. It's nice to have another Dovchenko, and another Russian is always welcome. You sure do get alot of accesories though, including those nice uzis, handcuffs, knives and of course, the crystal skull. The inclusion of the skull in this set may just convince me to give the Temple of Akator a miss and simply buy this.

Thanks again, brickbitz :thumbup:

thanx for the review.

i think this is an amazing set.

this is the best minifig airplane ever!!

better than those passenger planes a couple of years ago this is amazing and mostly brick build and i love it!

This is the only indiana jones set im gonna try to get my hands on!!!

Cheers for the review!

God Bless,

Nathan

For those intrested I have 2 MISB of this set for sale in the Marketplace section.

Its a wonderful set and certainly worth the money if you are an Indy fan or just want the parts!

A huge thanks to brickbitz for pointing out the sale ended today! Having dashed across London after work I now have one, if on one else posts pictures with stickers I’ll take some after work tomorrow.

A huge thanks to brickbitz for pointing out the sale ended today! Having dashed across London after work I now have one

No problem, I have seen some people say 8th June for the end of the offer and some stores seem to have confirmed this date. It's typical though, the offer has been on for a couple of weeks and TRU are only just getting stock of this set, although it has featured in their campaign from the start.

Still all's well that ends well. Not often you get a chance for a brand new limited edition set at reduced prices. :classic:

Looks like a good set. That plane would make a great addition to JT's motorpool.

Though I don't know why they did this scene that wasn't in the movie, rather than making it from Temple of Doom...

Steve

Looks like a good set. That plane would make a great addition to JT's motorpool.

Though I don't know why they did this scene that wasn't in the movie, rather than making it from Temple of Doom...

Steve

Marketing, probably, since they're focused on Kingdom at the moment and the figs etc were presumably in the same production batch as the earlier Crystal Skull sets.

Now we really need a version of Mutt's motorcycle to go in the plane. I know we had the dirt bike things which came in the set with Henry, but I would hope Mutt's version would look a little better.

Managed to pick up Peril in Peru, in the TRU is Helen St., Glasgow today and the 2 for 3 offer is still on. So happy hunting everyone.

(sorry meant to say 3 for 2)

Edited by Markypops

Managed to pick up Peril in Peru, in the TRU is Helen St., Glasgow today and the 2 for 3 offer is still on. So happy hunting everyone.

Wait, Do you meen the Date line, 8th May isnt for the Set to go? Its for the Offer on 2 for 3?

Some more pictures for you.

Box Contents

7628-5.JPG

During the build

7628-4.JPG

7628-3.JPG

And finally the stickers

7628-2.JPG

7628-1.JPG

Nice Pics! Thats what we need

500 POSTS, WOO!!!!

Not a problem if anyone has any shots they'd like posted just let me know.

Got box art?

Also, does it meen that the set only last for like 5 Days? Or a Offer?

Also, How many studs of Interior? If its 4 thats enough for some seats, but it looks like 2...

Edited by Joey Lock

Also, does it meen that the set only last for like 5 Days? Or a Offer?

I can't imagine that the set is only available for 5 days ... The TRU 3 for 2 offer runs out on the 8th June, but the set will be available without any offers after that date :)

I checked in both of my local TRUs and they said they'd be getting the set during the week. I bet they're holding them back till after the deal has run out to prevent profiteering on a mass scale!

What a lovely set, thanks for the review.

I'm gonna get this one in the summervacation (only three weeks to go!), then I'll go to the French Toy'R'Us. But it seems that the stickers could be printed a bit darker, it doesn't seem correct with the normal bricks... I don't like the bricks used for the windows, but if I have him, my thought could change about it.

Not a problem if anyone has any shots they'd like posted just let me know.

Could you post a pic of the interior from above, without the roof, if you have one? Thanks

Looks awesome.

Sorry but bumping old topics just to say that is not wanted, this is to keep the forums clean.

Bumping old topics is ok, when you have something serious to add to the discussion.

Thank you!