Sign in to follow this  
HothFan1987

Vote for the LEGO 90th Anniversary set - VOTE Pirate / Imperial!

23 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

I wonder if some statistics will be shown as how many of those 58000+ voters registered in the last week.

Apparently the first round of voting will is public. But it's not specified whether that's just manually observing what each person voted or if the results will be collated and presented afterwards.

If it's really true, then it's good news for us Pirates.
Although I voted for "Pirates" and "Imperials", with really the desire for an Imperial Ship or Base, since we already got 2 Pirate sets in 2020.

But the way I see it, the whole fragmentation thing that LEGO did with "Space" and "Castle" is one giant clusterfu...

On 1/27/2021 at 6:36 AM, Weil said:

Looks like Pirates made the top 3, based on the unofficial results that have been made available here:

https://www.stonewars.net/lego-news/interim-results-of-the-lego-ideas-90th-anniversary-survey/

Let's hope those unofficial results mirror the official results.

Here is a screenshot of the unofficial results:

image.png

I voted for both Imperials and Pirates, so this isn't an exact science, but adding the Pirate and Imperial votes together doesn't get as high marks as Bionicle. 

If you add together all the Space and Castle themes though, they should be top two... 

Chinese LEGO fans really want more LEGO Pirates

A LEGO fan has organised a separate LEGO Ideas 90th anniversary vote in mainland China, and it looks like Chinese fans really want more LEGO Pirates.
The LEGO Ideas platform is mostly inaccessible for users in mainland China, meaning the LEGO Group’s fastest-growing market couldn’t take part in the vote to decide on a 90th anniversary set for 2022.

The swashbuckling theme came out on top with 692 votes, representing 39.79% of all votes cast.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/chinese-lego-fans-really-want-more-lego-pirates

If Chinese could also had the opportunity to vote, we might had a chance of coming 1st.

As a person that has many Chinese "LEGO" Pirate Ships, I know and understand the love of Chinese for LEGO Pirates.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

53 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

As a person that has many Chinese "LEGO" Pirate Ships, I know and understand the love of Chinese for LEGO Pirates.

They look like junk!

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

They look like junk!

They're not LEGO but the newer models have improved a lot.

And they are selling a lot.

I hope LEGO releases soon an Imperial/Pirate ship, in the 50-70€ range (besides the updated Caribbean Clipper of course) .

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

1 minute ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

They're not LEGO but the newer models have improved a lot.

"They look like junk! " was a pun. :pir-classic:

Ship ahoy! The second voting phase is open: all hands on deck! Gunners to their stations and hard to port, lads!

( My answers :

Select the theme, you would like the 90th Anniversary Set to be based on:   Pirates

Why did you pick that theme? And is there anything in particular in that theme you'd like to see in an official set?   Historical themes have always been my favorites, with a slight preference for the 17th and 18th century rather than the Middle Ages, and thus the Pirates rather than Castle theme. To vary a bit from the binary Pirates vs Imperials antagonism, I'd love a set featuring non-combatant seafarers, such as explorers or the merchant ship from the 6277 Imperial Trading Post for example. )

13 minutes ago, CyregO said:

Ship ahoy! The second voting phase is open: all hands on deck! Gunners to their stations and hard to port, lads!

Excellent! :pir-thumb:

I've created a new topic for round 2 so let's take the discussion over there.