Siegfried

CONTEST: Design your own Indy Movie! DISCUSSION

Cool! I just looked and as you say, the entries for Category II should end up being similar. The prizes are great too. :sweet: In case you are wondering, I didn't know this contest was on... It's just one of those coincidences! (I'm 1/2 Polish by the way. :wink: )

We advertised it here at Eurobricks :-) :-), but it got shifted to 4th page already...

Well. I hope you guys will have a busy week then :-) Good luck!

oh man i thought my set after Crystal skull moc would be original, how wrong i was...

oh well i still have some good ideas

I have got a great idea!

There is Indiana Jones and this guy and two armys and they are fighting in the Dutch East Indies and they are digging after some sort of temple with something that is like a weapon but then it

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Sinner, are we allowed to make three seperate MOCs that display different scenes from our "movie", or does it have to be three pictures of the same scene?

Thanks,

U_T

The answer is sorta. If you can fit all into one picture then feel free, if not then don't. Remember that in the end only one picture is show in the voting topic and many people never look at the detailed entry. This means they will only take into consideration 1/3rd of your entry...

We advertised it here at Eurobricks :-) :-), but it got shifted to 4th page already...

Well. I hope you guys will have a busy week then :-) Good luck!

Thanks. I must have missed that somehow... :blush:

I got my entry posted. It's an idea I have thought would be a good idea for another film. Hope you all like it!

Edited by meschepers

A few entres have large images. Please note that I have added this rule.

Pictures should be less than 800x600. Images bigger than that could be deleted depending on how grumpy I get.

A few entres have large images. Please note that I have added this rule.

I like that rule, big pictures, especially HUGE ones, really get on my nerves.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I need to get my thinking cap on...I was going to do something surrounding Atlantis, but it's not really very Indy-ish. I've got a fairly decent idea for a MOC, I just need to get into the nitty gritty of it all and also begin building. Going to be fun though that's for sure.

*EDIT*

Woo! Just remembered the idea I originally had, going to be a definant goer. Now I just need to pull apart my Sail Barge for the brown bricks

Edited by Big T

I can't remember who it was but I feel sorry for the guy who made the mayan temple( I think thats what it was called ).

Must get some new indi sets :classic:

I can't remember who it was but I feel sorry for the guy who made the mayan temple( I think thats what it was called ).

Must get some new indi sets :classic:

I made it. Why feel sorry for me?

I made it. Why feel sorry for me?

Yeah, he should be feeling sorry for us :laugh:

Anyways, I've made a good start on mine, it should be right to post by the weekend. Just a question, are we allowed to have for arguements sake either of the vehicles from the 'Race for the Stolen Treasure' as part of our MOC? I know the rules don't state you can't, but since the vehicle isn't a MOC itself, I thought I better ask.

Edited by Big T

hmm... my pics are bigger than yours, Sinner, but not huge IMO. So the question is, are mine okay?

hmm... my pics are bigger than yours, Sinner, but not huge IMO. So the question is, are mine okay?

Yours are perfect. The pictures of mine are small as it isn't finished! :tongue:

I'm in. Good considering I don't own any Indy, no? :pir-grin: Edited by SlyOwl

I'm in. Good considering I don't own any Indy, no? :pir-grin:

W...T...F?! :wacko: You realy are mad! :tongue: This would have been great for the Block Block Contest, but for this one... Idk. :sceptic:

Although being kinda off-topic and quite disturbing :sick: , it's a very nice MOC. :wink:

Mad MOCing On! :laugh:

W...T...F?! :wacko: You realy are mad! :tongue: This would have been great for the Block Block Contest, but for this one... Idk. :sceptic:

Although being kinda off-topic and quite disturbing :sick: , it's a very nice MOC. :wink:

Mad MOCing On! :laugh:

I'd have to agree, well done on such a mad and fantastic moc, but I don't think I'll be voting of it as I'd prefer to see something with al ittle more true Indy spirit. Great work though!

I just decided to delve into the theatre forum to say well done Batbrick! Your entry is stunning, and I love the detail in your story. I have already commented on the MOC itself, but with the story to put it into context, I just needed to tell you once again how great it is! :wub:

The plot is well crafted and intricate, with some nice twists worthy of a true movie. This is the sort of thing I could see as being a real Indy movie. The characters are great and the artifact fits in well with your generic Indy plot. Fantastic job, your a winner in my book! :thumbup:

Crap! :cry_sad: Batbrick entered his Mega Mayan Moc! :hmpf_bad: And it looks even more fantastic with Indy and all those soldiers in and around it! :sing: Why, oh, why did you have to let him get through with this, Sinner?! :angry:

Oh well. Very, very good job, Batbrick! :thumbup: On the story, too. :wink:

Let's just hope that an average MOCer like me still has a chance to win this contest! :tongue:

Optimism ON! :grin:

I just decided to delve into the theatre forum to say well done Batbrick! Your entry is stunning, and I love the detail in your story. I have already commented on the MOC itself, but with the story to put it into context, I just needed to tell you once again how great it is! :wub:

The plot is well crafted and intricate, with some nice twists worthy of a true movie. This is the sort of thing I could see as being a real Indy movie. The characters are great and the artifact fits in well with your generic Indy plot. Fantastic job, your a winner in my book! :thumbup:

Thanks mate, I'm glad you liked the story!

Crap! :cry_sad: Batbrick entered his Mega Mayan Moc! :hmpf_bad: And it looks even more fantastic with Indy and all those soldiers in and around it! :sing: Why, oh, why did you have to let him get through with this, Sinner?! :angry:

Oh well. Very, very good job, Batbrick! :thumbup: On the story, too. :wink:

Let's just hope that an average MOCer like me still has a chance to win this contest! :tongue:

Optimism ON! :grin:

Thanks Oky, I think you are a far better mocer than I and I look forwartd to your creation! :cry_happy:

Why, oh, why did you have to let him get through with this, Sinner?! :angry:

Because it raises the stakes! :devil:

Thanks Oky, I think you are a far better mocer than I and I look forwartd to your creation! :cry_happy:

Thanks right back at'cha! :blush: We'll see - I will only have 2 days to build one after I fet back from vacation. I'm trying to decide on a plot so that I can at least try to plan something out. :look: I think I already know what I'm gonna do. I'm not gonna say it, though, so that it stays a surprise! :tongue: I'm also facing the problem that I don't have much grey and tan at the moment (the most important Indy colors) :sceptic: but, again, we will see...

Because it raises the stakes! :devil:

You bastard! Oh well. :tongue:

Haha yes Batbrick and the mighty Mayan Temple of doomage. Didn't realise Sinner had removed the fig count as well. It looks fantastic Batty. Tasmania represent! :wink: . I've finished my build, I just have to take photos and get the plot written, so it should be up tomorrow or Friday. I'm pretty happy with it. It doesn't have the imposing look of Batbricks, but for me, it'll be a lot of fun to use outside of the contest too, which was a big factor for me.

Didn't realise Sinner had removed the fig count as well.

I didn't. :look:

Entries must consist of a new Indy movie idea and a MOC. The MOC has only one limitation; no more than 10 mini-figs.

This rule will be staying.