Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

57 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

YAY. Hope one's a cool GWP that coincides with the January sets and the other is a Brickheadz (Neville + Luna? Dobby? McGonagall?).

Neville + Luna Brickheadz makes a ton of sense, could see this!

I have interest in Brickheadz unless they are a GWP.  A new accessory pack would be nice.

The fact that we haven't had imo a good Crookshanks got me thinking about anything else that would really benefit from a new mould.

For instance the Sorting Hat is infinitely better than it was using the regular wizard hat piece.

I'd personally love a new broom piece, the current one is ok but has to be one of the oldest minifig accessories. A dual moulded triwizard cup would be great too.

It would be great to get a big hound for Sirius in dog form and a werewolf head would be cool too for Lupin.  Kreacher head and troll would be other nice additions on the figs front.

16 minutes ago, Yope said:

The fact that we haven't had imo a good Crookshanks got me thinking about anything else that would really benefit from a new mould.

For instance the Sorting Hat is infinitely better than it was using the regular wizard hat piece.

I'd personally love a new broom piece, the current one is ok but has to be one of the oldest minifig accessories. A dual moulded triwizard cup would be great too.

It would be great to get a big hound for Sirius in dog form and a werewolf head would be cool too for Lupin.  Kreacher head and troll would be other nice additions on the figs front.

Great suggestions!  All of these could reasonably appear in sets too.

Updated Crookshanks: Could appear in a Leaky Cauldron, Grimmauld Place, or a POA Hogwarts expansion set

Updated broom: Could appear in a future Quidditch set, especially since the 2018 Quidditch Match set seems to be retired (Ideally POA themed if they want to set it apart from the previous set, as the stands would have exposed frames and there would be Hufflepuff players instead of Slytherin players)

Dual molded Triwizard Cup: Could appear in a Maze Task set, plus we could also get the Maze outfit variants of Fleur and Krum that are still missing

Dog Sirius and Werewolf Lupin: Would be obvious inclusions in a Shrieking Shack set

Kreacher: Grimmauld Place, obviously

Troll: Whenever LEGO feels like making another bathroom set

15 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Neville + Luna Brickheadz makes a ton of sense, could see this!

Agreed, they would definitely be good picks :thumbup: As for the accessory pack, a Quidditch-based one seems realistic. I know most of us thought the same thing last year, but still. I’m not overly fond of that idea myself, but a lot of you seem to want that :shrug_oh_well: Personally, I‘d rather have some Death Eaters or minor characters that don’t fit in sets (like Mundungus Fletcher or Arabella Figg).

Another idea what would be some SoD stuff, but I‘d rather have a proper set or two :tongue: 

45 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Personally, I‘d rather have some Death Eaters or minor characters that don’t fit in sets (like Mundungus Fletcher or Arabella Figg).

Same, I have no interest in Quidditch figures other than some potential new faceprints so I'd prefer Death Eaters, Diagon Alley pack 2, Hogwarts students (robes), etc.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed, they would definitely be good picks :thumbup: As for the accessory pack, a Quidditch-based one seems realistic. I know most of us thought the same thing last year, but still. I’m not overly fond of that idea myself, but a lot of you seem to want that :shrug_oh_well: Personally, I‘d rather have some Death Eaters or minor characters that don’t fit in sets (like Mundungus Fletcher or Arabella Figg).

Another idea what would be some SoD stuff, but I‘d rather have a proper set or two :tongue: 

I'd prefer a new Quidditch based set with a bit of representation of each house, as tbh the only torso difficult to get is Ravenclaw. Quidditch!Cedric will soon be circulating via the book, that I know is due out in the UK in a few weeks (been delayed a few times) and seems to be out in some parts of the EU. I've already MOC'd most of the Gryffindor and Slytherin teams.

The Diagon Alley pack was all recycled parts, so I do think a Quidditch acc pack would be an easy, colourful choice for LEGO to make. They might jazz it up with a new broom mould or some buildable balls, a hoop etc. Idk. Also has the bonus of fitting Harry into the set. Personally I'd rather they just find a way to make the Ravenclaw quidditch torso easier to get.

A minor character set would be great. Arabella Figg, Mundungus Fletcher, another Harry and an Elphias Doge or something. :laugh: (Although in the meantime I'm eyeing up Joe Pesci from the Home Alone set as the base of a Mundungus build)

I think Death Eaters might be too dark, but I won't say no to that as a set because you could so easily mix and match torsos and legs to make a dozen Death Eaters, here's hoping.

Edited by drewdotexe

In a perfect world we'd get a Death Eater pack with like 2 generic OotP Death Eaters and 2 "obscure" (to kids) named ones like Macnair, Dolohov, Rookwood, Rowle, Travers, etc. 

3 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

They might jazz it up with a new broom mould […]

Definitely not, since new moulds aren‘t introduced through accessory packs :wink: 

4 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

A minor character set would be great. Arabella Figg, Mundungus Fletcher, another Harry and an Elphias Doge or something. :laugh: (Although in the meantime I'm eyeing up Joe Pesci from the Home Alone set as the base of a Mundungus build)

Indeed. A major issue with these packs is that they only include a small selection of new prints and/or recolours, which is why there‘s usually 2-3 repeats/kitbashs and 1-2 new minifigs :classic: So Figg, Fletcher, and Doge being in the same pack would be rather tricky with only around 3 new prints between them

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

So Figg, Fletcher, and Doge being in the same pack would be rather tricky with only around 3 new prints between them

Molly/Helga for Figg, Loki/Bruce Wayne for Mundungus, Wheatley/Fudge for Doge, some reused torso's. Sounds perfect to me :sarcasm:

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

In a perfect world we'd get a Death Eater pack with like 2 generic OotP Death Eaters and 2 "obscure" (to kids) named ones like Macnair, Dolohov, Rookwood, Rowle, Travers, etc. 

That would be a great battlepack, if those existed in this theme :laugh: I think they‘d go for Dolohov and the other guy that was with him in the restaurant skermish scene in DH part 1 (Rowle?). The others are a bit too obscure I think, Macnair for instance only appears as the executioner in the PoA film adaptation IIRC. Yaxley is quite prominent, but he‘d be a better fit for a MoM set

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That would be a great battlepack, if those existed in this theme :laugh: I think they‘d go for Dolohov and the other guy that was with him in the restaurant skermish scene in DH part 1 (Rowle?). The others are a bit too obscure I think, Macnair for instance only appears as the executioner in the PoA film adaptation IIRC. Yaxley is quite prominent, but he‘d be a better fit for a MoM set

The Death Eaters in the restaurant were indeed Dolohov and Rowle. As for Macnair he appeared in the graveyard in GoF, took part in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries (he's the guy who grabbed Luna) and could be seen in Voldemorts "victory parade" during the Battle of Hogwarts (although he was recast). Yaxley should definitely be saved for a future MoM set. 

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Definitely not, since new moulds aren‘t introduced through accessory packs :wink: 

Indeed. A major issue with these packs is that they only include a small selection of new prints and/or recolours, which is why there‘s usually 2-3 repeats/kitbashs and 1-2 new minifigs :classic: So Figg, Fletcher, and Doge being in the same pack would be rather tricky with only around 3 new prints between them

Ah of course. Without a broom, a full range of Quidditch torsos would sell anyway I'm sure. Boring but practical.

Have they ever introduced new prints in an accessory pack? Death Eaters would be good as they could reuse some dark pieces from other themes. I would guess at OoTP Lucius,  OoTP Harry and two masked Death Eaters perhaps. Accessories could include a snake, a prophecy, some magic effects etc.

Edited by drewdotexe

24 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Have they ever introduced new prints in an accessory pack? 

Most AP's have at least 1 new print. The Potter student pack for example had Cho's alt face and the Marauders Map, the DA pack had the green skirt/dress and Dumbledore's Army sign-up list.

27 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Have they ever introduced new prints in an accessory pack?

Almost all of them have, this year‘s Spider-man one even featured a recoloured piece (Pork Grind‘s head). Both HP packs introduced two new prints each (the marauder‘s map and Cho‘s face print in last year‘s and the witch’s dress plus DA list in this year‘s)

Edit: Ninja‘d :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I wouldn't be totally surprised if an updated broom mould is introduced in a new Quidditch set. The current LEGO broom is a classic, but it's very outdated and really doesn't resemble a Quidditch broom.

A new Quidditch set would have to have a draw for those that have the 2018 set, and I can speak for myself that I would absolutely buy another Quidditch set in this case

I'd for sure buy more Quidditch if it has easier access to other houses. I have 3 of the 2018 set and I bought 4 of the Cedric book (plus DA), so while I'm short, I don't want to have to buy multiples to fill out the Ravenclaw team...but it'd be nice if they could find a way to make them easier obtained.

But hey, just release anything with some decent (new) prints and fun scenes and I'll keep buying them.

They won't do it while Diagon Alley is on shelves (in case someone much richer than me buys it JUST for the quidditch uniforms), but afterwards a new set or minifig pack with all four house quidditch  teams represented would be ideal. Stick Harry, Draco, Cedric and Cho in a minifig pack, maybe add the padding the quidditch players wore in later films for variety, and done!

(Bonus points if Cedric comes with a burned stuck-by-lightning head print!)

I highly highly doubt that even the richest of LEGO collectors would buy multiple DAs just for the one unique Ravenclaw Quidditch minifig :laugh_hard:

It's more likely they're saving the other uniforms for a revamped Quidditch set next year or the year after, if at all

Looking back, I realize just how much the movies decreased the screentime of the Quidditch games as they went on.  

PS/SS: Had a big 8-9 minute Quidditch match scene

COS: Had a 5-6 minute Quidditch match scene

POA: Had a 2-3 minute Quidditch match scene

GOF: No Quidditch match shown (I'm still annoyed they didn't actually show the Quidditch World Cup match despite keeping all the lead up to it)

OOTP: Nothing

HBP: Roughly 3 minute tryout scene, but actual Quidditch match scene is only about 1 minute

DH: Nothing (At least this is accurate to the book)

This doesn't give very good odds that we'll get a Quidditch Match set from the later years.  Also, almost every game shown in the movies is a Gryffindor vs. Slytherin match, except the one in POA, which is Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff.  Getting a POA Quidditch Match set is probably the best LEGO can do to make a different Quidditch set while still sticking to the movies.  I don't think we ever actually see the Ravenclaw Quidditch team on-screen in the movies.  At least we have the uniform torso print from Diagon Alley.  A Quidditch accessory pack would presumably be the most likely way to make Ravenclaw Quidditch torsos more accessible, considering they seem unlikely to be included in a full Quidditch Match set otherwise, and no new print would be needed.

9 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Looking back, I realize just how much the movies decreased the screentime of the Quidditch games as they went on.  

Which makes sense. In a book, you can dedicate time to scenes that don‘t really lead anywhere, just for flavour. In a film, those scenes should either advance the plot, or at least involve character development. So a decrease of Quidditch scenes is appropriate. Even the first two were plot-relevant (Quirrell trying to kill Harry in PS and Harry ending up in the hospital wing in CoS). The scenes in subsequent films were distilled even further (e.g. Harry encountering the Dementors again and seeing the Grim in the clouds in PoA).

The World Cup being cut made sense too.  What was the alternative, breaking the flow of the story (or rather, bringing it to a screeching halt) by crowbaring in a random sports match? :tongue: The podrace scene in TPM at least involved one of the main characters and had actual stakes. The scene in GoF ultimately served two purposes: establishing characters (Krum & Crouch), and of course setting the stage for the Death Eater attack.

If we do end up with another Quidditch set, it‘s pretty much guaranteed to be a remake of the 2018 one. Not many alternatives there. However, they could at least include Lee or an alternative costume for one of the spectating teachers :grin:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Which makes sense. In a book, you can dedicate time to scenes that don‘t really lead anywhere, just for flavour. In a film, those scenes should either advance the plot, or at least involve character development. So a decrease of Quidditch scenes is appropriate.

But on the flip-side they also added scenes that neither advance the plot or involve character development and in some cases, like GoF's Horntail chase and HBP's attack on the Burrow, are just dumb filler completely devoid of logic :tongue:

57 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

But on the flip-side they also added scenes that neither advance the plot or involve character development and in some cases, like GoF's Horntail chase and HBP's attack on the Burrow, are just dumb filler completely devoid of logic :tongue:

That‘s the third category, action scenes :laugh: Granted, they‘re both pretty pointless, but I enjoy them anyway. And the latter gave us two excellent sets

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

We're straying further and further from LEGO, but the HBP attack was in lieu of a full-blown battle at Hogwarts, which also makes total sense to cut because they wanted to save that for the finale of the series. It also set up Bellatrix as even more of a threat. Personally I like that scene and HBP is my favourite of the films.

The Horntail scene was just stupid and nonsensical, and GoF happens to be my least favourite of the films.

I still think a CMF would be the most likely place to get later-film Quidditch outfits, but then we wouldn't get all of them.