Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

The box art looks great and it actually feels compelling. BUT, I wouldn’t buy it... unless the chess pieces look really good. 

What I like the most about this is the philosopher’s stone design on it. The 2018 ones had a generic exterior background on them, but this is the exception due to it being an interior and not a Hogwarts display. I just really love the box art :laugh:

What's PS design on it?

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

What's PS design on it?

The chess room, nothing too special as the room of requirements had an interior background as well. But for some reason this feels nicer.

Edited by Otherworld

2 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Oh I thought all the boxes had relevant backgrounds to the scene. 

Yes, they do. I’m just saying it’s nice to have another recognizable interior background as opposed to generic windows, or skylines which do not apply here.

It seems strange to me that in the very year that they seemed to have snubbed post Prisoner of Azkaban sets Lego decides to change the trio on the box art. Like @Lego-Freak said, I was more expecting some sort of anniversary box art. At the end of the day, it's just a carboard box so I don't overly care, but good old Lego does like to keep things inconsistent. :laugh: Hopefully this 'later year' box art was designed in preparation for next year's sets and Lego decided not to spend more budget on 'anniversary' box art.

Edited by BacktoBricks

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It seems strange to me that in the very year that they seemed to have snubbed post Prisoner of Azkaban sets Lego decides to change the trio on the box art from POA to OOTP versions. Like @Lego-Freak said, I was more expecting some sort of anniversary box art. At the end of the day, it's just a carboard box so I don't overly care, but good old Lego does like to keep things inconsistent. :laugh: Hopefully this 'later year' box art was designed in preparation for next year's sets and Lego decided not to spend more budget on 'anniversary' box art.

are you sure? i'm sure 2018-20 box pictures were from OOtp?

16 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

are you sure? i'm sure 2018-20 box pictures were from OOtp?

Ah yeah my mistake. Still no anniversary art though despite the change. :sceptic:

6 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Um it's unlikely that the devil's snare will be in the Corridor set, so it's practically impossible that the keys will be.

What's the point of a fluffy set with no trapdoor or a trapdoor that doesn't lead to the devil's snare?  

The set is very clearly recreating the original forbidden corridor set down to the basic shape and tower structure. The top floor has a small roof now but it's still short enough for fluffy's heads to clear. Fluffy's room being on the top level like the original set would also explain why the harp is a side-build so the set could be displayed without it peeking over the roof. Why wouldn't LEGO also recreate the lower level of the original set? 

LEGO is clearly comfortable integrating trapdoor features into the new system so why wouldn't they do it here? Especially when there is a room directly beneath the trapdoor included in the set unlike the Girl's bathroom set. The focus of both the 2001 set and the scene in the film is the trio going through the trapdoor into the devil's snare. Why not recreate that? A small chamber of the winged keys could then replace the staircase from the original set. We also know the chess board can connect to the other sets (presumably there are some holes for technic pins) so why would LEGO include a gap in the challenges when the chamber of the winged keys would be very easy to recreate? 

Obviously we don't know for certain if the devil's snare and chamber of the winged keys will be included but saying they're unlikely and practically impossible is incredibly extreme.

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. Can you please tell me where can I see the leaked photos of the new HP summer wave 2021 sets?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Goldbrick25 said:

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. Can you please tell me where can I see the leaked photos of the new HP summer wave 2021 sets?

Thanks

Hiya Goldbricks,

You should be able to find leaked images under #legoleaks or #legoharrypotter on Instagram.

Personally I don’t really see the point of this chess set. It doesn’t really have anything special (that I can see) a chess set and it doesn’t offer any particularly interesting minifigures. The three main protagonists are a dime a dozen and hold no interest for me. I’d have loved a version that used the figures as chess pieces like in the pirate one, so a missed opportunity as far as I’m concerned...

12 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Personally I don’t really see the point of this chess set. It doesn’t really have anything special (that I can see) a chess set and it doesn’t offer any particularly interesting minifigures

Um, it's chess set. You can play in them and that's enough. What did you expect?

Edited by Legofania

Stoneware have published their article (https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-harry-potter-2021-neuheiten-2-halbjahr/), but as expected, it's more of a summary of the rumours we've heard so far.

Some interesting tidbits I wasn't aware of before though:

• Allegedly, the Brickheadz include remakes of the trio and Hagrid, plus Voldy, Nagini & Bellatrix
  • The D2C set could be a collection of buildable objects :sick:

36 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Um, it's chess set. You can play in them and that's enough. What did you expect?

That’s exactly what I mean. If you’re going to buy a chess set then you’d probably just get a proper one that’s not liable to break into pieces all the time... this set doesn’t seem to include any ‘Lego’ play features, which is usually the point of a Lego set

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

This may not be so bad. If it’s a collection of buildable sections then it may come with a good amount of minifigures. It could also be a good way of getting Lego versions of less likely locations that wouldn’t make good stand alone sets... although imagine if it was a triwizard tournament location set, that could actually be quite good for example.

2 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

That’s exactly what I mean. If you’re going to buy a chess set then you’d probably just get a proper one that’s not liable to break into pieces all the time... this set doesn’t seem to include any ‘Lego’ play features, which is usually the point of a Lego set

They won't break constantly. What are you talking about? A complete chess set is the play feature and faithful recreation of the scene. If it were only a queen like in the first rendition 20 years ago you would he right however.

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Stoneware have published their article (https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-harry-potter-2021-neuheiten-2-halbjahr/), but as expected, it's more of a summary of the rumours we've heard so far.

Some interesting tidbits I wasn't aware of before though:

• Allegedly, the Brickheadz include remakes of the trio and Hagrid, plus Voldy, Nagini & Bellatrix

Much more interesting about the article is the flying lesson set, which they say is minifig scale which is opposed to what falconfan and guyon said.

The information about the D2C is worded like they have no information themselves and are just reporting what we have discussed on here

9 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

It could also be a good way of getting Lego versions of less likely locations that wouldn’t make good stand alone sets...

The article says "objects", not locations :tongue: Objects as in wands, brooms, and stuff like that :poke:

3 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

They won't break constantly. What are you talking about? A complete chess set is the play feature and faithful recreation of the scene. If it were only a queen like in the first rendition 20 years ago you would he right however.

Are you planning on buying it? I personally own a few chess sets already and they are, in my opinion, far nicer than any Lego version. So this set holds no interest for me, as it doesn’t provide anything I don’t already have. If the minifigures had been more interesting then it could have been a different matter.

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

The article says "objects", not locations :tongue: Objects as in wands, brooms, and stuff like that :poke:

Fair enough. Although at that price point we’ll be getting a lot of wands!!

On 4/7/2021 at 9:27 PM, BacktoBricks said:

The Stormtrooper and Tie Pilot helmet are rumoured to be retiring by the end of this year and could potentially disappear before the real November/December sales start if Lego does stop production and they sell quickly.

Ah I see, I’ll wait it out or use a discount code or something then :)

1 minute ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Fair enough. Although at that price point we’ll be getting a lot of wands!!

I can imagine it being sort of a Hogwarts supply set, so like a wand, a cauldron, a potion, a broom, a book and a pet :shrug_oh_well: I hope it sells terribly to teach them a lesson :devil:

26 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Much more interesting about the article is the flying lesson set, which they say is minifig scale which is opposed to what falconfan and guyon said.

They didn't say it's minifigure scale. 

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

Yeah, Lego has released many Chess Sets before and in the Harry Potter Universe it's fitting extremely well

18 minutes ago, Padlix said:

Yeah, Lego has released many Chess Sets before and in the Harry Potter Universe it's fitting extremely well

Past chess sets have had a LOT of useful and cool minifigures though. They looked cool because it was something different and the minifigures were useful elsewhere. Ive loved LEGO chess sets in the past, but not so much this one. I guess for some (myself included) it just looks like any regular old chess set with no other enticing point to it, so no point getting if you already own more exciting chess sets. Super happy for those who love it and you are right it does fit the scene well. I guess its just a nice easy pass for some people. And thats great too! 😁

Edited by chris6507

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The D2C set could be a collection of buildable objects 

Then I hope it's Horcruxes and Gryffindor sword! Or just Horcruxes

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

Then I hope it's Horcruxes and Gryffindor sword! Or just Horcruxes

Given how much love PS and CoS are getting compared to every other instalment in the franchise, I'd say Horcruxes are unfortunately less likely than school supplies :tongue: