Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Each of their backgrounds corresponds to the set they come in. I’m guessing snape is from the chess set from his background and this practically confirms hooch and quirrell in a flying lesson set.

i wonder if this means two more sets will be released with the June wave because it would be strange to reveal 2 of the figures so long before their sets are released 

We should actually pay attention to all of those backgrounds. 

Garry is definitely in Myrtle's bathroom, you can see the part around the sink. Behind Golderon you can see windows which are very similar to the ones in Hogsmeade. Hermione probably is in Forbidden Corridor or something near it. With Goldemort you can see CoS floor.

Quirrel is definitely in Quidditch grounds, and behind Snape you can see 2 chess figures.

Just now, Timemaster1985 said:

Each of their backgrounds corresponds to the set they come in. I’m guessing snape is from the chess set from his background and this practically confirms hooch and quirrell in a flying lesson set.

i wonder if this means two more sets will be released with the June wave because it would be strange to reveal 2 of the figures so long before their sets are released 

Maybe they are June releases after all?

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Maybe they are June releases after all?

That’s what I’m hoping, maybe the minifigure scale sets are all June, brickbuilt in August.

Wow, these look great! I'm not a huge fan of the choice to make a Deathly Hallows-based Voldemort when all of the other figures are from Philosopher's Stone, but I can't deny that he looks really nice! The backgrounds also seem to match up with the sets, which implies that Snape will be in the Chess set (as I predicted) and Quirrell will be in a Flying Lesson set. 

That said, if they're revealing all of these at once, is it possible that the Chess and Flying Lesson will be June releases? We already know Chess is a retail exclusive, and, since we didn't know anything specific about Quidditch, it's likely that it's a retail exclusive as well. That setup makes more sense to me- six minifigure scale sets in June, with two being exclusives, and then a couple brickbuild sets and a D2C in August. Very excited for these, and hopefully it means that set pictures are coming soon.

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

We actually knew that brickbuilt sets are coming in August

1. Promobricks still bas them as June release.

2. Why would Lego reveal golden minifigures for 2 sets 2 months earlier than for the rest if them?

3. Hooch leaked really early although she's coming in the Quidditch set.

4. Chess is not a buildable replica type if set, and Quidditch (seeing as it includes a golden minifigure) is probably also not.

Yeah snape has the pillars from the chess room in the background

Wow, wasn't expecting that! Love the little logo in the middle. Figures look fine, nothing exciting.

I hope this does mean that there will actually be 6 minifgure-scale sets, and that they all come in June. 

Surely there will be a Dumbledore? Probably coming in the D2C. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

1. Promobricks still bas them as June release.

2. Why would Lego reveal golden minifigures for 2 sets 2 months earlier than for the rest if them?

3. Hooch leaked really early although she's coming in the Quidditch set.

4. Chess is not a buildable replica type if set, and Quidditch (seeing as it includes a golden minifigure) is probably also not.

Well probably not all brickbuilt sets are coming in August (also, quidditch set is most likely brickbuilt set, but it has golden figure). Also, promobricks has all sets as June, while it's certainly not. And it's not the first time minifigures for August wave are leaking earlier. And one last thing. It's not all Golden Figures and I'm sure there's more than one coming

15 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Well probably not all brickbuilt sets are coming in August (also, quidditch set is most likely brickbuilt set, but it has golden figure). Also, promobricks has all sets as June, while it's certainly not. And it's not the first time minifigures for August wave are leaking earlier. And one last thing. It's not all Golden Figures and I'm sure there's more than one coming

I wouldn't be so sure of more minfigures coming. If Quidditch is indeed a regular set (no one has confirmed what it is after all), that means that all 6 minfigures will come in regular sets. And apart from those we have 2 brickbuilt ones and a D2C. I would expect only 1 more golden minfigure - Dumbledore for the D2C.

But I guess we'll know soon enough. 

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't be so sure of more minfigures coming

Well two golden hair pieces were leaked awhile (Draco and Snape). Snape is coming, but Draco wasn't shown, yet. Plus, Stu._d said these are not all

Edited by Legofania

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Quirrel should be in the Chess set. 

Those pictures have the actual box backgrounds behind them. Your list is not entirely accurate, it seems. Snape has the chess box background and Quirrel the Quidditch training grounds. 

Edited by Metanoios91

This is what I'm thinking based on the backgrounds,

Harry - Bathroom set

Ron - Hogsmeade Set

Hermione - Fluffy set

Voldemort - Chamber of Secrets Set

Snape - Chess Set

Quirrel - Quidditch related set

19 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Well two golden hair pieces were leaked awhile (Draco and Snape). Snape is coming, but Draco wasn't shown, yet. Plus, Stu._d said these are not all

We don't know if they were official hairpieces, misprints or whatever.

Paul Seeley didn't say anything today, and if it wasn't today he must have meant Snape and Quirrel.

1 minute ago, dansdiscoveries said:

Am I the only one who hates how they’re just cash grabbing on this theme now with irrelevant golden figures..:/

Irrelevant ?

Am I the only one who hates how they’re just cash grabbing on this theme now with irrelevant golden figures..:/

Lego was always a luxury product and can be considered, like all toys, a "cash grab". Humans and primates survived for thousands of years without anything but sticks amd stones. So you are free to play with those if you think this wave is a cash grab.

5 minutes ago, BRIX LIFE said:

Irrelevant ?

Yeah, they add nothing to the theme at all 

2 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Lego was always a luxury product and can be considered, like all toys, a "cash grab". Humans and primates survived for thousands of years without anything but sticks amd stones. So you are free to play with those if you think this wave is a cash grab.

It’s not the wave just the figures. I like the new sets, I’d rather just have an actual figure that can be new or a different outfit instead of pointless golden figures 

They're certainly not a cash grab for precisely this reason you've stated. A cash grab would be putting a very desirable figure in a highly priced, undesirable set just to take people's money. These, on the other hand, are just a bit of an add-on to celebrate the anniversary, and not inherently desirable to anyone besides those who decide to collect them.

I like the golden hair and golden CMF stands, otherwise I'm not interested in the golden figures, good though they may look. 

An element of collectability, a sense of nostalgia, a reward for fan loyalty. I feel that they add nothing to you, but they do to others. You not liking something doesn’t make it irrelevant. It could be argued that by having a Harry Potter theme at all, Lego are cashing in.

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Paul Seeley didn't say anything today

Check his latest story.

Anyone have a link to the reference in the movie of the arches behind golden Snape? I can’t seem to place them. 

7 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Check his latest story.

Oh you're right. I think that we'll get just one more, which would be golden Dumbledore in the D2C but of course all of the sets could get them.

If there are more it just makes me think that we'll get 6 sets in June and the rest of them are August.

2 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Anyone have a link to the reference in the movie of the arches behind golden Snape? I can’t seem to place them. 

These are chess figures. 

24 minutes ago, dansdiscoveries said:

How is that a cash grab? It's not like you pay additional money for golden minifigures, they are just nice bonuses.

And how are they irrelevant? This is literally those there's 20th anniversary. 

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh you're right. I think that we'll get just one more, which would be golden Dumbledore in the D2C but of course all of the sets could get them.

If there are more it just makes me think that we'll get 6 sets in June and the rest of them are August.

These are chess figures. 

How is that a cash grab? It's not like you pay additional money for golden minifigures, they are just nice bonuses.

And how are they irrelevant? This is literally those there's 20th anniversary. 

Thanks  

It’s weird they’d include Voldemort instead of Draco, though. Voldemort wasn’t in the original wave (apart from on the back of Quirrell’s head). I expect to see Draco and Dumbles, but not Hagrid (4 new moulds) or Peeves (because they deleted him from the films, and the original fig looks nothing like the concept art for the character).