Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Can we all agree this is the last ever mention of D****'s S**k on this forum please :grin:

But what if we need to talk about Diana's Silk? 

11 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Can we all agree this is the last ever mention of D****'s S**k on this forum please :grin:

Nobody’s been talking about Draco’s Sink, not sure what you mean :laugh_hard:

51 minutes ago, Legofania said:

The thing is, Korg isn't in any known set, and we know for sure that he isn't from CMF, so...

Yeah, this is really off-topic.

We can continue this in the proper forum.

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder if we are getting another Stone Challenge set in August to go beneath the Forbidden Corridor set.  It seems a bit weird if the wave includes a golden Quirrell but not a regular one.  

It would fit with there being a Chamber and a Myrtle's Bathroom this year. Have we had a proper Philosopher's Stone in Lego yet? 

8 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

It would fit with there being a Chamber and a Myrtle's Bathroom this year. Have we had a proper Philosopher's Stone in Lego yet? 

In the 2001 Final Challenge set and the Mirror of Erised sticker in the 2018 Great Hall, the standard jewel piece was used for the stone, though they could definitely change it to something more accurate.  A recolor of the gold nugget piece from the City Mining sets would look a lot closer to the source material.

45 minutes ago, doclord said:

Glad to see Marvel has infiltrated this thread somehow, lol.

$250 Quidditch set incoming?

Marvel is now the new Borg...Resistance is Useless!

Not going to lie, i'd buy that D2C easily. 

44 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

While it would have been nice to get more new characters in the accessory pack, I think the most important thing is that we can finally build Quidditch teams for all four houses at a reasonable price.  I'm almost certainly going to pick up a few of these packs.

I will too but I don't really need more Gryffindor or Slytherin Quidditch uniform robes since I got enough of the Quidditch sets to make a complete team of each.  Guess I'll be able to put together some extras for each team.  Here's hoping they don't limit the orders to less packs that we need to build a full team.

2 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Falconfan confirmed the $250 one isn't a Quidditch match by the way too :)

Well thank the maker, that would’ve been outright terrible :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

What are we all hoping the $250 D2C set is? 

I'd quite like to see the Ministry of Magic, including every location scene in the films - the courtroom, the department of mysteries, Umbridge's office, the atrium, etc.

Potential for a good chunk of minifigures we'll never get anywhere else - you can have dual-sided faces covering the trio while also getting us Runcorn, Reg Cattermole and Mafalda Hopkirk, then add Yaxley, Mary Cattermole, Umbridge, Scrimgeour, etc.

5 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I'd quite like to see the Ministry of Magic, including every location scene in the films - the courtroom, the department of mysteries, Umbridge's office, the atrium, etc.

Potential for a good chunk of minifigures we'll never get anywhere else - you can have dual-sided faces covering the trio while also getting us Runcorn, Reg Cattermole and Mafalda Hopkirk, then add Yaxley, Mary Cattermole, Umbridge, Scrimgeour, etc.

The ministry would be an incredibly messy D2C since it doesn't have an exterior. The only ministry related sets I could see is getting would be smaller playsets. 

22 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

DA expansion with Gringotts or Battle of Hogwarts... There arent many big scenes/locations left to be made into huge D2C playset, that is why I am scared of something brickbuild or microscale. Ofc there are places like Malfoy Mannor, Grimaud Place and Ministry of Magic but those would work better as smaller sets. Also if Hogsmeade wasnt already confirmed as anniversary set in june I would like to have big Hogsmeade (3-4 buildings) as D2C set.

Edited by Textorix

3 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The ministry would be an incredibly messy D2C since it doesn't have an exterior. The only ministry related sets I could see is getting would be smaller playsets. 

I think a D2C Ministry of Magic would probably be structured similarly to the Betrayal at Cloud City set.  Whether that would make for an appealing D2C is debatable, though I would be interested at least.

Surley they'll do Gringotts in the August wave with it not being in Diagon Alley. I can see it being the $130 as it has over 1900 pieces or it will be the $250 if we are getting Gringotts...

10 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The thing is, there aren't really many candidates for a Harry Potter D2C. We had Diagon Alley last year, there's a Hogsmeade set in June, we know it's not Quidditch. Take those away and there are only a few options.

Would be possible a $250 brick built Chess set? Maybe also with 3 minifigures (Harry, Ron, Hermione in their PS Final Challenges Outfits) and a golden minifigure as a plus?

I'm thinking something like 852293 Castle Giant Chess Set or like this old Idea [https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8d10ae8a-dd03-46de-b049-37174f840a62].

I mean possible in term of bricks numbers, price ratio and so on (I admit I'm not so expert in similar analysis :snicker:). 

Edited by BrickMatit

4 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Surley they'll do Gringotts in the August wave with it not being in Diagon Alley. I can see it being the $130 as it has over 1900 pieces or it will be the $250 if we are getting Gringotts...

Yeah Gringotts being $130 set would be acceptable :D

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

Imagine if we do get a tent this year but it's neither the wedding tent nor the DH one, but the Quidditch World Cup tent.

Or the one in the Forest of Dean, which Harry and Hermione had their dance in.

21 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Maybe it's a Cloud City style ministry set. As this set wasn't really popular among StarWars fans (except for the minifigures of I'm not mistaken) that might fit the description as 'lowered expectations'...

6 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Or the one in the Forest of Dean, which Harry and Hermione had their dance in.

That's what I meant by the DH tent. :pir-tongue:

Just now, BrickFunatic said:

That's what I meant by the DH tent. :pir-tongue:

Silly me! I assumed you meant the wedding tent.

35 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

In order:

1. Flight of the Hippogriff ride: I think I'm the first one who said this but correct me if I'm wrong :laugh:
  2. Hogwarts train & station
  3. Flying Ford Anglia 1:8

39 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I  could see that being a GREAT new Modular system (and one that can be built vertical! It could also, in the future, have Fantastic Beast sets as well. 

Honestly now that we know the next wave will also be anniversary, that explains the lowered expectations. I’ve heard good things about the $250 set (best of the wave) so we probably shouldn’t worry about it.