Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Do you think that we should give up hope for a January 2022 wave now that there haven’t been any leaks, yet we already have leaks for pretty much every other themes’ January wave?

Not yet. Star Wars, Technic, and Chinese New Year are also still missing, and as long as those remain a mystery, I‘m not willing to abandon the idea of a 2022 winter wave :laugh: What I‘m personally hoping for is a small wave of normal sets rather than more Moments ones

18 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Do you think that we should give up hope for a January 2022 wave now that there haven’t been any leaks, yet we already have leaks for pretty much every other themes’ January wave?

We don't have any leaks for licensed 2022 themes tho.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We don't have any leaks for licensed 2022 themes tho.

We do have set lists for some licensed themes though; Minecraft, Mario, DC, and Jurassic World, to be precise. Two of them are carry-overs from this year of course :wink: A Marvel set list exists too, however that one is a bit fishy.

Granted, the only list among these that includes anything concrete beyond set numbers is the Minecraft one, and even those names are rather vague.

In essence, we need a lot more information before we can rule out a HP winter wave

Well if we do get a Winter Wave I think if they do Something Different with SS and CoS Sets it could be Good.A Troll in the Bathroom for $29.99,Redone Hagrid's Hut for $69.99 with Norbert and a Back Side,and of course a Hogwarts Expansion (Preferably with a Slytherin Common Room)

Trying to be Optimistic,even though I'd REALLY prefer Sets based off GoF and DH.

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We do have set lists for some licensed themes though; Minecraft, Mario, DC, and Jurassic World, to be precise. Two of them are carry-overs from this year of course :wink: A Marvel set list exists too, however that one is a bit fishy.

Granted, the only list among these that includes anything concrete beyond set numbers is the Minecraft one, and even those names are rather vague.

In essence, we need a lot more information before we can rule out a HP winter wave

Didn't know about Mario or Minecraft as I don't follow those themes.

The Batman and Dominion are 2022 sets, sure, but not in the context that the OP was talking about. Those are leaks from last year. We don't have an official 2022 list.

As for Marvel, no one ever confirmed if it's true, so I consider it no to be. I mean four 4+ sets...

On 8/27/2021 at 4:49 PM, SDT said:

I have the old Burrow (2010). Can anyone say whether the newer set is a major upgrade? Thanks.

Yes, definitely. Especially the Burrow itself.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:03 PM, Vindicare said:

My hope is we just see Hogsmeade station(I mean, it worked in the WV). Because I have no interest in another HE.

What does WV mean?

4 minutes ago, Salix said:

What does WV mean?

Winter Village :classic:

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As for Marvel, no one ever confirmed if it's true, so I consider it no to be. I mean four 4+ sets...

Jedijacpenguin seems to agree, since the alleged Marvel line-up is the only one from LWC he didn‘t include in his lists :shrug_oh_well: Though admittedly, four 4+ sets is not something you‘d come up with to make your fake list sound more believable, is it :snicker:

Either way, us still being in the dark about other major themes should give us hope for a HP winter wave :thumbup: If so, what do you think those sets could be? Regular ones? A new gimmicky type of set? The unexpected return of Moments sets? :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If so, what do you think those sets could be? Regular ones? A new gimmicky type of set? The unexpected return of Moments sets? :laugh:

I’m hoping for the four common rooms at a similar price as the Moments sets. I’m guessing they’d be in the new stackable style, but I think I’d prefer them to open up like the books as I’m worried being only 8-studs deep might not give the most detailed interiors.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Winter Village :classic:

Jedijacpenguin seems to agree, since the alleged Marvel line-up is the only one from LWC he didn‘t include in his lists :shrug_oh_well: Though admittedly, four 4+ sets is not something you‘d come up with to make your fake list sound more believable, is it :snicker:

Either way, us still being in the dark about other major themes should give us hope for a HP winter wave :thumbup: If so, what do you think those sets could be? Regular ones? A new gimmicky type of set? The unexpected return of Moments sets? :laugh:

I honestly think that Moments sets were a one-time gimmick, and 2 of them are already retiring in December, so I don't think they've sold well enough. 

I don't see a whole regular wave 2 times a year, and I think they'll stick to June.

So I think that either there will be no wave at all, or another type of gimmick sets. I wouldn't be surprised if they made 10€ expansions to the D2C, like Hermione's wand, Potions Master book etc. :grin: or maybe a whole new type of gimmick sets that are just wands, like 10€ Harry, Hermione, Ron and Voldemort wands for the first wave (with their minifigs). That would be pretty dope.

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I’m hoping for the four common rooms at a similar price as the Moments sets. I’m guessing they’d be in the new stackable style, but I think I’d prefer them to open up like the books as I’m worried being only 8-studs deep might not give the most detailed interiors.

That's actually a pretty amazing idea :wub:

37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't see a whole regular wave 2 times a year, and I think they'll stick to June.

Why not? Other themes have also started with one wave a year, then moved to two a year and never went back (Minecraft e.g.) :shrug_oh_well:

Sure, a gimmicky type of set might make more sense given that‘s the only precedent for a winter wave we have, but who‘s to say they won‘t release two waves of regular sets starting next year? If the theme is succesful enough to warrant it, why not :purrr: 

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why not? Other themes have also started with one wave a year, then moved to two a year and never went back (Minecraft e.g.) :shrug_oh_well:

Sure, a gimmicky type of set might make more sense given that‘s the only precedent for a winter wave we have, but who‘s to say they won‘t release two waves of regular sets starting next year? If the theme is succesful enough to warrant it, why not :purrr: 

I dunno, I just think that it would too quickly become a Star Wars type of theme where every 2 years we'd have to get new Hagrid's Hut or Great Hall.

I also think that Harry Potter is much more limited to themes like Minecraft or Star Wars. In Minecraft you can do literally anything, and Star Wars has COUNTLESS starships, speeders, walkers and locations.

Also, I like that they kinda treat this theme like an event - once every year we get a huge wave of sets we all love. There might be some additional sets, like D2Cs or gimmicks, but there's only one main wave. I love it about this theme.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I dunno, I just think that it would too quickly become a Star Wars type of theme where every 2 years we'd have to get new Hagrid's Hut or Great Hall.

It wouldn‘t have to be a huge wave though, 3 small or medium sets would be enough. Just an appetiser of sorts

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, I like that they kinda treat this theme like an event - once every year we get a huge wave of sets we all love. There might be some additional sets, like D2Cs or gimmicks, but there's only one main wave. I love it about this theme.

Fair point. I have to admit though, the 1-wave-a-year scheme has been a major test of patience for me :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I've got no idea if the Moments sets sold well, but a series of four sets based around houses/common rooms/dorms in a similar style would probably make sense. 

Loads of HP fans bang on about their house, so it would be good to have a circa £30 set with a couple of students and a third figure, maybe a Quidditch player, maybe a member of staff, maybe a statue of one of the Founders, etc. 

You could collect em all, or just get 'your' house. 

Don’t know how well this would sell, but I’d love to see it, and yes, I would be partial to buying my own house as I did for the Moments sets. But it would be a great way to get house-specific characters.

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

I've got no idea if the Moments sets sold well, but a series of four sets based around houses/common rooms/dorms in a similar style would probably make sense. 

Loads of HP fans bang on about their house, so it would be good to have a circa £30 set with a couple of students and a third figure, maybe a Quidditch player, maybe a member of staff, maybe a statue of one of the Founders, etc. 

Oo! Sign me up! :wub: In a perfect world, maybe a regular house uniform, a house robe and and quidditch uniform? Unless they start offering more accessory packs (I'm still hoping for a quidditch version), then I guess they could do one of the famous alumni as one of the figs (Rita or Kings, Pomfrey, Scrimgeour and maybe Merlin or Tom Riddle?), but that gets repetitive sooner. Statues of the founders sounds interesting, too, but both they and alums are fundamentally less useful than a variety of student uniforms would be.

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

Griffindor Common Room - $29.99

-Harry,Ron,Percy Weasley(w/ Prefect's Cape)

-Has a Fat Lady Portrait,Fireplace,Couch,and a Bed.Based on Book 1.

Slytherin Common Room - $29.99

-Draco,Pansy Parkinson,Marcus Flint (Non Quidditch)

-Includes Chairs,Windows to the Lake,a Bed,and an Aquarium.Based on Book 2.

Hufflepuff Common Room - $29.99

-Cedric Diggory in Hogwarts Robes,Zacharias Smith,Winky the House Elf

-Has a Small Kitchen,the Painting at the Entrance,a Bed,and Wine Barrel.Based on Book 4.

Ravenclaw Common Room - $29.99

-Luna Lovegood,Cho Chang,The Grey Lady

-Has a Bookshelf,Bed,a Few Couches,and the Diadem.Based on Book 7.

13 minutes ago, Scuhro52 said:

Griffindor Common Room - $29.99

-Harry,Ron,Percy Weasley(w/ Prefect's Cape)

-Has a Fat Lady Portrait,Fireplace,Couch,and a Bed.Based on Book 1.

Slytherin Common Room - $29.99

-Draco,Pansy Parkinson,Marcus Flint (Non Quidditch)

-Includes Chairs,Windows to the Lake,a Bed,and an Aquarium.Based on Book 2.

-Has a Small Kitchen,the Painting at the Entrance,a Bed,and Wine Barrel.Based on Book 4.

Lego can have my money for all these. 

28 minutes ago, Scuhro52 said:

Meh, please not another Cho or Cedric (unless he's in his bathing suit for the second task). Other than that, it sounded pretty good, but I've pretty much hit the saturation point on both of those minifigs. There were members of Dumbledore's Army that would be so easy to make with existing pieces even. Michael Corner, Terry Boot, Anthony Goldstein, Ernie MacMillan, a younger version of Hannah Abbott, an older version of Susan Bones, oh, and while we're at it, Blaise Zabini, Millicent Bulstrode, and Lee Jordan... 

And while I'm wishing, an Accessory Pack of the missing House ghosts (Bloody Baron, Grey Lady, the Fat Friar) and Peeves to round out the collection, please and cheers. And yes, I know the designers have already kibboshed my dreams of Peeves. (Too cruel by half. :sceptic: ) I assume the same arguments apply to the Friar at least. But if they can make such a specific set like this year's Accessory Pack, you'd think ghosts would be possible. The parts could substitute as statues if they were mixed and matched, too.

But the problem with book details...LEGO doesn't care about them. They have licenses for the movies so that is what they will use. Right?

Sure, I'd love more house elves like Winky, but since they were cut entirely from the 4th movie, I highly doubt they'd ever put them in a set.

16 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

But the problem with book details...LEGO doesn't care about them. They have licenses for the movies so that is what they will use. Right?

Sure, I'd love more house elves like Winky, but since they were cut entirely from the 4th movie, I highly doubt they'd ever put them in a set.

Correct, the designers have said so on more than one occasion :classic: They could theoretically insert a small reference here or there, but don't expect any book-exclusive characters to suddenly show up in sets :tongue:

Just now, Brick Clicker said:

I think it would be a safe bet to assume we are getting a winter 2022 wave :wink:

...and so it begins. 

15 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I think it would be a safe bet to assume we are getting a winter 2022 wave :wink:

:moar: 

So, gimmick or no gimmick, that is the question…

20 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Ah? Well, it makes me curious about sets for Winter 2022 wave. 

20 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

OMG yesss. I was reading the end of the 2010/11 threads, depressing myself, convincing myself that the theme was going to fizzle away again.