Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

What makes you say that?

Tomorrow starts the online toy fair of Nurnberg.

If Deathly Hallows Gringotts was in the $130 range as we're hoping/expecting, about 10 minifigures would be about right. The Great Hall had 10 for $100, but didn't have a potential dragon. Half of those in the Great Hall had short legs like the Goblins will probably have though. 

The trio, Griphook (new face print and probably no printed arms) and Bogrod are most likely, perhaps with a couple of human Gringotts Guards which wouldn't require any new molds. The rest of the figures could be other Goblins, hopefully one could be based on Griphook for PS, but doesn't need to be named, and the Goblin from PS who allows Harry and Hagrid entry to the vaults. 

That way we'd get the Goblin hair in white, light grey and dark brown to add variety. Add a black or brown or dark tan piece in as well and that'd be incredible. 

47 minutes ago, Jinzol said:

Tomorrow starts the online toy fair of Nurnberg.

I wouldn't have high expectations for that.

34 minutes ago, Seaber said:

If Deathly Hallows Gringotts was in the $130 range as we're hoping/expecting, about 10 minifigures would be about right.

I'd personally be very surprised if Gringotts isn't this years D2C, highly doubt it's one of the 2 ~$130 sets.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't have high expectations for that.

I have. Most other themes already leaks for summer even names...

13 minutes ago, KA1 said:

I have. Most other themes already leaks for summer even names...

That's pretty much only Star Wars and some of the in-house themes. Wouldn't say that's indicative of wether or not any info will come out of Toy Fair, it's possible but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get anything.

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's pretty much only Star Wars and some of the in-house themes. Wouldn't say that's indicative of wether or not any info will come out of Toy Fair, it's possible but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get anything.

Me too. Nuremberg was a bust last year for HP. And speaking of busts, that was pretty much all that was revealed for Star Wars and Marvel, the Iron Man, Stormtrooper and Boba bust and D-O. Very little license theme sets were on show.

2 minutes ago, Jinzol said:

Last year we had at least informations about the looks of the sets.

That is true, although even so there was some discrepancies and translation problems which left room for errors. A lot better than nothing though. However, as the toy fair is online and open to anyone to view like the main toy fair we don't know if retailers will be getting their open separate 'back room set' viewings separately as fair as I know. Lego may not be willing to risk showing 'secret' sets online - people could screenshot their screen for example to take product photos and after the catalogue leaks they're probably feeling less than trusting - although they could just give retailers descriptions to counter that. Just thinking out loud,

It’s best to keep your expectations as low as humanly possible. Personally, I don‘t expect a single piece of information about ANY theme to be revealed here :tongue:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd personally be very surprised if Gringotts isn't this years D2C, highly doubt it's one of the 2 ~$130 sets.

Do you think that from your insider goss or is it speculation? And at D2C there would surely be more builds than just Gringotts right? 

13 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Do you think that from your insider goss or is it speculation? And at D2C there would surely be more builds than just Gringotts right? 

Speculation, I just don't see LEGO splitting Gringotts into 2 sets or cutting the Ironbelly. 

Edited by Guyon2002

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Speculation, I just don't see LEGO splitting Gringotts into 2 sets. 

No, me neither, but the $250 price point seems too high for a three story building and a dragon to me, but we'll see. 

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

cutting the Ironbelly. 

Sounds painful. 

32 minutes ago, Seaber said:

No, me neither, but the $250 price point seems too high for a three story building and a dragon to me, but we'll see. 

That's why I think another (small) shop will be included like Broomstix, which is supposed to go in between Ollivanders and Gringotts according to CoS. 

I‘ll switch sides. I was on the $130 Gringotts train before, but now I would also prefer it to be the $250 set :classic:    Hogsmeade can wait :tongue: There are enough iconic scenes that take place there that would justify a set at that price point in my eyes. If they’re comfortable with combining scenes from CoS and HBP into one set (DA), they surely wouldn‘t be opposed to depicting the Gringotts scenes from both PS and DH in the same set either. This would also make for a more interesting minifig selection (e.g. PS Harry, PS Griphook, Hagrid, DH Harry, DH Griphook, Ron, Hermione, Bogrod)

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘ll switch sides. I was on the $130 Gringotts train before, but now I would also prefer it to be the $250 set :classic:    Hogsmeade can wait :tongue: There are enough iconic scenes that take place there that would justify a set at that price point in my eyes. If they’re comfortable with combining scenes from CoS and HBP into one set (DA), they surely wouldn‘t be opposed to depicting the Gringotts scenes from both PS and DH in the same set either. This would also make for a more interesting minifig selection (e.g. PS Harry, PS Griphook, Hagrid, DH Harry, DH Griphook, Ron, Hermione, Bogrod)

If they'd give us PS Griphook and Bogrod for DH they wouldn't even have to include a new DH variant of Griphooks CMF figure :shrug_oh_well:

I think an all-inclusive Gringotts set makes the most sense. Include all the most iconic Gringotts scenes in one set, I think that can reasonably be done in a $250 set. Probably with room for some side builds/smaller shop or two

I’m bummed MandR didn’t get to make his HP rumor video. I don’t watch the channel but his info has definitely been good the past few years, so I was looking forward to that information

I‘m actually more annoyed that he implied there‘s a list around at all. Knowing that a list exists, but out of reach is worse than not knowing anything :tongue:

And now he can‘t even drop it anonymously, since it‘d be too obvious it was him, thanks to that announcement :snicker:

If MandR wasn't so lazer focused on SW then he would have more likely made a HP video. 

And with the TF delayed it'll be awhile until we get set info. 

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

And with the TF delayed it'll be awhile until we get set info. 

The one in Nuremberg (dubbed BrandNew) is the only one that‘s still happening (albeit virtually), the other two have been cancelled. The NYTF was originally delayed for a couple of months, but they‘ve recently announced they‘ll skip this year altogether :shrug_confused: 

Speaking of toy fairs: I have a correction to make, there is one theme that should be present at BrandNew, namely Vidiyo. The official reveal will happen on Tuesday, and I don‘t think it‘s a coincidence that‘s in the same week :head_back:

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The one in Nuremberg (dubbed BrandNew) is the only one that‘s still happening (albeit virtually), the other two have been cancelled. The NYTF was originally delayed for a couple of months, but they‘ve recently announced they‘ll skip this year altogether :shrug_confused: 

Speaking of toy fairs: I have a correction to make, there is one theme that should be present at BrandNew, namely Vidiyo. The official reveal will happen on Tuesday, and I don‘t think it‘s a coincidence that‘s in the same week :head_back:

Meaning I should lower my expectations as much as possible? Well atleast I hope the Vidiyo reveal will be exciting :hmpf_bad:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m actually more annoyed that he implied there‘s a list around at all. Knowing that a list exists, but out of reach is worse than not knowing anything :tongue:

And now he can‘t even drop it anonymously, since it‘d be too obvious it was him, thanks to that announcement :snicker:

I assume he might post it anonymously at some point. A few weeks from now. And it wont be that obvious

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I assume he might post it anonymously at some point. A few weeks from now. And it wont be that obvious

I just realized something—any fake leaker now could have more possible credibility given that we have not idea what MandR’s alt account is. Unless a real leaker confirms something is fake, we could have a fake leaker paradise. ?

20 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I just realized something—any fake leaker now could have more possible credibility given that we have not idea what MandR’s alt account is. Unless a real leaker confirms something is fake, we could have a fake leaker paradise. ?

Don't think that's gonna be much of a problem.

20 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

That is true, although there are always fake leakers anyway. Thankfully we have a couple of members on here who are usually able to give us a nod as to whether a list is credible.

While we are stuck in this drought of harry potter news. Now would be a good time to discuss what new minifigures we could get from the deathly hallows.

Here are my guesses 

Nacissa Malfoy (Probably the most likely)

Xenophilius Lovegood 

The Carrow twins

Yaxley 

The grey lady

Crabbe and Goyle 

Elphius Doge 

The snatchers 

Aberforth Dumbledore 

Bill Weasly 

Bogrod

Bathilda Bagshot  

Madam Pomfrey (If we get an applicable Hogwarts expansion)

Mafalda Hopkirk 

Reg Cattermole 

Mary Cattermole 

Albert Runcorn 

Aunt Murial 

Pius Thickness 

While this isn't the most productive discussion, it is still interesting to see all the potential options. Probably less than half of this list will actually make it to this wave. HOwever I hope that we get all these character eventually.