Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I say it’s not fine—or rather just not really relevant!

There is no reason to be discussing leaked film plot elements here, regardless of them being in spoiler tags or not. It will only invite such information to be openly discussed, which no one wants. 

Please take film discussion over to Culture & Multimedia—this thread is for Lego set discussion.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Well the thing is, we were not discussing the plot itself - we were discussing the inclusion of a certain character and a certain build in a set based on the plot leak, so that counts as set discussion, not movie discussion.

18 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I say it’s not fine—or rather just not really relevant!

There is no reason to be discussing leaked film plot elements here, regardless of them being in spoiler tags or not. It will only invite such information to be openly discussed, which no one wants. 

Please take film discussion over to Culture & Multimedia—this thread is for Lego set discussion.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Which I was doing??? It's not like I was just spoiling the movie left and right, I only talked about elements of the plot - in terms as vague as I could reasonably get -  which were directly linked to the sets, under 2 layers of spoiler tags (and another layer above the thing which was actually a major spoiler). And I wouldn't have mentioned anything if I didn't know that other people had read them too.

27 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Clearly I'm not the only one that thinks it, so let's just agree to disagree. If the mods say it's fine, then I'll let it be and tread more carefully. Also, no need to call people out just because they disagree with you.

That's not even disagreeing, you literally just said that a random dude's opinion on a movie plot leak from an internet forum counts as a spoiler :shrug_confused:

1 minute ago, ood0 said:

Which I was doing??? It's not like I was just spoiling the movie left and right, I only talked about elements of the plot - in terms as vague as I could reasonably get -  which were directly linked to the sets, under 2 layers of spoiler tags (and another layer above the thing which was actually a major spoiler). And I wouldn't have mentioned anything if I didn't know that other people had read them too.

Also, this ^

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well the thing is, we were not discussing the plot itself - we were discussing the inclusion of [redacted] based on the plot leak, so that counts as set discussion, not movie discussion.

I'd urge you to remove this or at least spoiler tag it. It reveals too much in my opinion.

Just listen to the mods. It’s not as much what you were saying that was the problem. It’s what that conversation could invite. It would be too easy for someone to come in and casually start dropping spoilers based on that conversation 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

It doesn't take long for someone to slip up and post spoilers openly, or for some people to think they're "not spoiling anything" when to others they are.

This movie is not even close to coming out, it's many months away, so there's no rush to discuss everything you've seen in leaks.

We've taken a pretty firm stance before - no discussing the finer plot details until everyone has had a fair chance to see the movie.

Nemo already posted about, now stop arguing. Don't discuss the leaks here, that's that.

Spoiler tags: *exist*

People on this forum: "you can't discuss leaks"

Whatever tho, that's my last 5 cents on this topic...

I wish everyone good luck with preordering the Daily Bugle tomorrow!

(I say tomorrow because preorders will go up May 26, 12am ET, I believe, and I’m located in an area with a mountain time zone)

25 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

(I say tomorrow because preorders will go up May 26, 12am ET, I believe, and I’m located in an area with a mountain time zone)

I plan to go to my local Lego store Wednesday morning and pick it up in person. My wife usually isn't into superhero Lego themes as much, but the Bugle got her excited, so we're both taking the morning. It should be fun!

42 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Been a Spider-Man and Lego fan for as long as I can remember. I literally made an account here to follow the rumors and reveals of this set. I will be at the ready 12am to buy it. 

Ah yes, waiting until November 4th 2022 to discuss aspects of a plot revealed in May for sets released in October that were revealed in January... and the movie might even wind up delayed again anyway. I feel we should have a better option than just pretending we don't know information about the movie until after release, especially when such information could be relevant to people deciding which set to get - in a similar regard to how knowing the Quantum Suits in Endgame occupied only a few minutes of screentime - might have helped save people money and allowed them to focus on better sets.

45 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Might be wise holding off on the Daily Bugle and make the most of it when other Marvel stuff is released as the Shang Chi polybag probably won't be the only thing.

Personally being Europe based, holding off on most the sets until August/September anyway to better plan purchases and would allow me to hopefully catch some offers.

9 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Ah yes, waiting until November 4th 2022 to discuss aspects of a plot revealed in May for sets released in October that were revealed in January... and the movie might even wind up delayed again anyway. I feel we should have a better option than just pretending we don't know information about the movie until after release, especially when such information could be relevant to people deciding which set to get - in a similar regard to how knowing the Quantum Suits in Endgame occupied only a few minutes of screentime - might have helped save people money and allowed them to focus on better sets.

There is a better option that Captain Nemo has already shared:

2 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I'm with all the others on here. Please do not discuss upcoming movie rumors, leaks, gossip, etc.. I am one of those viewers that watches the teaser and then holds off on all other trailers, sneak peaks, etc. until I've seen the movie. I personally like to go into the movies blind. Let's discuss Lego sets in the Lego thread.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Discussing what's in the sets: fine.

Discussing what's in trailers and official promo material as it relates to the sets: fine.

Discussing blatant plot leaks from Reddit etc: not fine in this topic.

I was still wondering how to scale down the new Iron Monger build but instead I just made a MOC with the Mark 1 helmet and I'll prob keep the big one on the shelf
r/lego - Iron Monger MOC (Invincible Iron Man and Hulkbuster MOC for scale)

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

There is a better option that Captain Nemo has already shared...

This thread is for Lego set discussion, that thread is for movie discussion. What does one do when the comment they are trying to make is comparing one to the other? In my view it'd make more sense to be in Lego discussion when comparing as in that scenario the individuals are not interested in debating the movie instead you are solely remarking on accuracy, missed opportunities, etc... It's that I feel needs clearing up as an overlap is naturally going to occur.

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

I am one of those viewers that watches the teaser and then holds off on all other trailers, sneak peaks, etc. until I've seen the movie. I personally like to go into the movies blind. Let's discuss Lego sets in the Lego thread.

That's simply not possible here :shrug_confused: When other trailers, sneak peaks, posters, etc... drop we'll have people either comparing or talking about what it could mean for the sets.

52 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Discussing what's in trailers and official promo material as it relates to the sets: fine.

What about images released via official magazines? promotional Interviews with the cast? officially released merchandise? etc... Just is difficult nowadays to tell, as most those aspects would reveal information about upcoming movies and what the sets could be that most people are unfamiliar with :shrug_confused:

Edited by Scarilian

Just now, Scarilian said:

What about images released via official magazines? promotional Interviews with the cast? officially released merchandise? etc... Just is difficult nowadays to tell, as most those aspects would reveal information about upcoming movies and what the sets could be that most people are unfamiliar with :shrug_confused:

Everything you listed is official promo material and I already said that's fine. ALL of you who read the full plot and information leaks KNOW 100% that that stuff is a leak and interviews and teaser clips aren't. Don't play dumb about it.

People that want to know absolutely nothing about an upcoming film, including what's been released officially, will need to stay away from this topic themselves. But as Mods our goal is to keep this discussion accessible for the majority, who do watch trailers and look at the LEGO sets, but don't delve into the full plot leaks stuff.

And don't forget, us Mods are people too who may enjoy these films and don't want to read leaks, so the second this topic goes full spoiler tag or someone slips up, we also get things spoiled for us that we didn't want spoiled.

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

The only way I'm getting the set is if it's on sale, each time I look at that price tag I feel slightly nauseous...

Really hope we get comic versions of the Guardians someday. Namely Drax, Mantis, Starlord, Rocket, Agent Venom, Angela, The Thing and Gamora. Open to seeing Yondu and Nebula as well. Nebula and Gamora are currently really easy to moc and Rockets cinematic orange jumpsuit has been adopted by many modern comics so his 2014 fig stands strong in a comic setting. But I really want a green Mantis and Green Drax with purple cape and pants someday. Not sure what the builds would be and what would prompt it. Maybe an 18+ comic based knowhere or Ego or Galactus that warrants the inclusion of obscure figures and variants. Maybe Angela’s hair piece could be introduced in a cmf first. Not sure how these sets or figs would release but one day I’d love to see it.

same with the X-Men and F4. Once they enter the MCU they’re bound to get mcu figs but that doesn’t mean I don’t want them to go back and get comic variants no matter how accurate the cinematic suits end up being. I still want 90’s versions of many figs, some modern takes on characters like Jean but maybe even their original variants as well. 

46 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Really hope we get comic versions of the Guardians someday. Namely Drax, Mantis, Starlord, Rocket, Agent Venom, Angela, The Thing and Gamora. Open to seeing Yondu and Nebula as well. Nebula and Gamora are currently really easy to moc and Rockets cinematic orange jumpsuit has been adopted by many modern comics so his 2014 fig stands strong in a comic setting. But I really want a green Mantis and Green Drax with purple cape and pants someday. Not sure what the builds would be and what would prompt it. Maybe an 18+ comic based knowhere or Ego or Galactus that warrants the inclusion of obscure figures and variants. Maybe Angela’s hair piece could be introduced in a cmf first. Not sure how these sets or figs would release but one day I’d love to see it.

same with the X-Men and F4. Once they enter the MCU they’re bound to get mcu figs but that doesn’t mean I don’t want them to go back and get comic variants no matter how accurate the cinematic suits end up being. I still want 90’s versions of many figs, some modern takes on characters like Jean but maybe even their original variants as well. 

What about the variants from the Lego Marvel Superheroes videogame? There are at least 200 characters from that game which Lego hasn't made yet.

As someone who follows leaks up to about three months before a movie premieres, I don't understand why others can't just be courteous to the people who don't read those leaks. If someone is just watching the trailers and staying away from leaks, no, they do not want to hear that "the plot is weak". Even though it's not a specific spoiler it's still too much information for some people and invites discussion of plot-related spoilers, and as others have said, someone could slip up and say a spoiler without tagging it. And if the spoilers relate to set discussion, then what's the need to say stuff about the plot? At that point it's just movie discussion even if it's a throwaway comment. 

I loved the Eternals trailer and I think that the figures were translated pretty well into minifigure form, but it's a shame we didn't get a new mold for Ajak's crown. I also think Thena needs a better hairpiece since her hair looks a decent bit longer than the overused over-the-shoulder piece. I was surprised at how flat the spaceship is compared to the set and I don't love the huge proportion difference, but if LEGO made something that wide at a $90 pricepoint it would probably barely have any room for minifigures inside. Hopefully we see a couple shots of the Deviants and Celestials in the next trailer so we can compare those builds!

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

2 hours ago, CreeperBrix said:

What about the variants from the Lego Marvel Superheroes videogame? There are at least 200 characters from that game which Lego hasn't made yet.

Ditto and ditto. Would love to see classic Yondu from Lego Marvel Superheroes 2

maxresdefault

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

As someone who follows leaks up to about three months before a movie premieres, I don't understand why others can't just be courteous to the people who don't read those leaks. If someone is just watching the trailers and staying away from leaks, no, they do not want to hear that "the plot is weak". Even though it's not a specific spoiler it's still too much information for some people and invites discussion of plot-related spoilers, and as others have said, someone could slip up and say a spoiler without tagging it. And if the spoilers relate to set discussion, then what's the need to say stuff about the plot? At that point it's just movie discussion even if it's a throwaway comment. 

Thank you!!!

6 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

5.5 hours for me :excited: Hopefully can secure one as some sets sell out way too fast. Afaik it is on sale from tomorrow, not just pre-order

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Discussing blatant plot leaks from Reddit etc: not fine in this topic.

So we can discuss official plot elements in comparison to sets, but we can't discuss leaks in comparison to sets (even if we use spoiler tags, which exist for that very reason)? That doesn't really make sense, but I'm trying to understand what are the rules here :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So we can discuss official plot elements in comparison to sets, but we can't discuss leaks in comparison to sets (even if we use spoiler tags, which exist for that very reason)? That doesn't really make sense, but I'm trying to understand what are the rules here :shrug_oh_well:

Yep. I've spelled it out extremely clearly. Stop discussing it already!

You've been a member of EB since 2016. This isn't new information.