Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I saw on exabrickslegogo instagram page thag we’re getting 6 Avengers sets this summer. Below that he has a Marvel/Disney + set for $35. Can we expect all these sets to be Disney + related? The sets numbers are 76186, 76189, 76190, 76191, 76192, 76193. 

58 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me what so ever if we got 2 waves for Spider-Man 3 

I would have said the same thing about sets for the highest grossing film of all time... but alas... :cry_sad:

You obviously have a lot more insider info than I do though.

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I saw on exabrickslegogo instagram page thag we’re getting 6 Avengers sets this summer. Below that he has a Marvel/Disney + set for $35. Can we expect all these sets to be Disney + related? The sets numbers are 76186, 76189, 76190, 76191, 76192, 76193. 

go back afew pages, we discussed this 

22 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

I would have said the same thing about sets for the highest grossing film of all time... but alas... :cry_sad:

You obviously have a lot more insider info than I do though.

Well we still had the one set after release

26 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Simply, no. Avengers sets are comicbook / Square Enix based sets.

Disney+ set is a set based on a Marvel D+ series (most likely TFaTWS, that's speculation tho).

Spider-Man sets are most likely Spider-Man 3 sets.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is that confirmed? It seemed more like it was just that that was likely. I definitely would not be surprised, however.

I hate being negative about Lego, but to quote Syndrome:

“Lame, lame, LAME!”

The news of a Marvel Advent Calendar is exciting, but the Christmas Iron Man figure is probably going to just be using the Square Enix helmet which is meh. The rest of the figures are what’s going to sell me on the set in the end.

Confirmation of a Disney+ set is nice, but we’re only getting one set with at least four(?) shows coming out this year?

A lot of Avengers sets that will most likely just be more lackluster vehicles and minifigures. I imagine one of them will be a wonky looking Quinjet, unless that ends up being the D2C. The worst part is that the designs will probably still be based off of the failed video game, yet all we have to show for the critically acclaimed Spider-Man game, and the well-received spin-off, are two Comic Con figures? (I know that the lack of sets for that probably has more to do with the merchandising rights for Spidey belonging to Disney and not Sony, but you get my point.)

The most disappointing thing to me is that we only have three Spider-Man sets, and I have a feeling that the 4+ one won’t even have anything to do with the movie. I just don’t get it. Lego will do entire waves dedicated to bad Spidey sets based off nothing in particular, but when they have the chance to do a bunch of sets based off of what might be the biggest Spider-Man movie yet? We’re seemingly only getting two sets that probably won’t be anything too substantial. I really hope we end up getting more, whether that be before or after the movie comes out.

9 minutes ago, The Stud said:

A lot of Avengers sets that will most likely just be more lackluster vehicles and minifigures. I imagine one of them will be a wonky looking Quinjet, unless that ends up being the D2C. The worst part is that the designs will probably still be based off of the failed video game, yet all we have to show for the critically acclaimed Spider-Man game, and the well-received spin-off, are two Comic Con figures? (I know that the lack of sets for that probably has more to do with the merchandising rights for Spidey belonging to Disney and not Sony, but you get my point.)

Agreed. After the fantastic Eternals reveals, this just seems especially disappointing. I hope Lego realizes that almost no one remembers that Square Enix game by now. 

Edited by hvader

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Disney+ set is a set based on a Marvel D+ series (most likely TFaTWS, that's speculation tho).

Spider-Man sets are most likely Spider-Man 3 sets.

Awesome! I hope it goes to the comics bc Square Enix sets, as good as they were, came out of nowhere and were fine for the one wave they lasted. I hope we get comic versions of Scarlet, Vision, Thor, and SpiderWoman. Really excited for this wave now!! A comic Avengers wave is so bricking exciting, literally so pumped to see what they throw our way. 

unpopular opinion but I loved last years Helicarrier and Hulkbuster builds and have high hopes for what comes our way this summer.

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We shall see about this

Is this insinuating that they may still be MCU/Disney Plus sets? Not mad at that just wondering. A comic avengers wave sounded too good to be true.

Sorry if my reply was confusing.

I meant that they are either comicbook based or Square Enix based. That wasn't a confirmation that they are continuing those loosely SE based sets.

8 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Is this insinuating that they may still be MCU/Disney Plus sets? Not mad at that just wondering. A comic avengers wave sounded too good to be true.

Nope, he's just saying that we'll see if they are SE based or not. 

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Sorry if my reply was confusing.

I meant that they are either comicbook based or Square Enix based. That wasn't a confirmation that they are continuing those loosely SE based sets.

Nope, he's just saying that we'll see if they are SE based or not. 

The sets could be a wide variety of avengers stuff

At this point, I can't think of anything too interesting that could be included in another Square Enix set, aside from a new Ms. Marvel (but they might just wait and do a MCU version instead once the show comes out), Abomination (Which seems unlikely, and I'd prefer a comic or MCU version anyway) 

If these Avengers sets are MCU related, I hope they finally take the opportunity to revisit past movies, especially ones that never got any sets or Endgame, which mainly had sets that had little to do with the movie. 

I very much hope that Spider-Man 3 gets an additional wave later, as three $20 sets (with one being a 4+ set) seems underwhelming compared to the Far From Home lineup, especially considering how many characters are rumored to be in the movie.  Assuming the film has three Spider-Men and some form of the Sinister Six, that would require nine new minifigures across three $20 sets if there's only one wave.  We'll probably have to wait until a trailer is released to get a better idea of what to expect from the sets though.  

List has been updated again

For those wondering 'When Lego?' here is a rundown of the releases to expect next:

First Half Of The Year:

• 76178: Marvel D2C $299.99

May:

• 76187: Carnage Head Bust $69.99 (565 Pieces) (18+) (Potentially dependent on Venom 2 film release)
  • 76176: Shang Chi $29.99 (Potentially dependent on Shang Chi film release)
  • 76177: Shang Chi $39.99 (Potentially dependent on Shang Chi film release)

June:

• 76186: $39.99 (202 Pieces) Avengers Theme
  • 76189: $9.99 (49 pieces) (4+) Avengers Theme
  • 76190: $39.99 (479 pieces) Avengers Theme
  • 76192: $69.99 (527 pieces) Avengers Theme
  • 76193: $149.99 (1901 pieces) Avengers Theme
Edited by Scarilian

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

List has been updated again

For those wondering 'When Lego?' here is a rundown of the first half of the year:

Two nitpicks - as of now Shang-Chi sets are planned for a May release date; Avengers sets are coming out in June, not July.

Also, if you want it to be "1HY sets only", the Avengers sets shouldn't be here - they are considered as 2HY releases.

25 minutes ago, AndrewCole14 said:

My wallet breathing a huge sigh of relief with that “Avengers” list. 

Plot twist... Legacy Avengers Movie Sets -evil laughter- :P /s
In all seriousness, hope they are good but no interest at the moment if they are based on the comics or the game rather than the movies.

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Two nitpicks - as of now Shang-Chi sets are planned for a May release date; Avengers sets are coming out in June, not July.

Also, if you want it to be "1HY sets only", the Avengers sets shouldn't be here - they are considered as 2HY releases.

Was unaware Shang Chi had a release planned, added it to the list and the comment. That said, I feel it could be delayed given the movie is not out till July.

Derped on the date, fixed it. Was generally covering till around the middle of the year to get a general sense of what to expect over the next few months in regards to releases, we could still see leaks or images of the other sets that were at one stage listed in 1HY but generally just a guide for release dates. I have removed the 1HY/2HY from the list as it no longer seems to apply given dates shifting heavily.

Edited by Scarilian

11 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

In all seriousness, hope they are good but no interest at the moment if they are based on the comics or the game rather than the movies.

Was unaware Shang Chi had a release planned, added it to the list and the comment. That said, I feel it could be delayed given the movie is not out till July.

Derped on the date, fixed it. Was generally covering till around the middle of the year to get a general sense of what to expect over the next few months in regards to releases, we could still see leaks or images of the other sets that were at one stage listed in 1HY but generally just a guide for release dates. I have removed the 1HY/2HY from the list as it no longer seems to apply given dates shifting heavily.

shang chi has a July release so it makes sense for the sets to come out in May

1 minute ago, TOTDForever said:

shang chi has a July release so it makes sense for the sets to come out in May 

As far as I can tell the date of May was due to Shang Chi at one point being scheduled for a May 7th 2021 release. If the film keeps its July release date, then maybe I can see the sets being released in May still depending on how spoiler heavy they are.

6 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

As far as I can tell the date of May was due to Shang Chi at one point being scheduled for a May 7th 2021 release. If the film keeps its July release date, then maybe I can see the sets being released in May still depending on how spoiler heavy they are.

I still like my hypothesis of one being a fin fang foom build and one being an arena battle for the ten rings 

Can the Avengers sets be D+ sets (sorry if this has been addressed before), because technically the D+ shows still belong in the "Avengers" series.

1 minute ago, hvader said:

Can the Avengers sets be D+ sets (sorry if this has been addressed before), because technically the D+ shows still belong in the "Avengers" series.

Yet again, nope.

Disney+ sets are listed as Disney+ sets - and there's one listed Disney+ set.

34 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Yeah that list is great tho.

Shang-Chi sets are obviously not 100% sure coming on this date, but so are for example Spider-Man 3 sets.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yet again, nope.

Disney+ sets are listed as Disney+ sets - and there's one listed Disney+ set.

Yeah that list is great tho.

Shang-Chi sets are obviously not 100% sure coming on this date, but so are for example Spider-Man 3 sets.

Godzilla vs Kong is going to be a good gage on how well a movie does in theaters. Especially since it is only less than a month away until that happens 

(my point being)

if it does well while following safety health guidelines, then maybe other movies will stop getting delayed at such an alarming rate

I am tired of delays lol