Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

I am really thinking about picking up the Avengers Compound Battle, but with some of the figures being included in the summer sets (Thanos, Iron Man mk85, Captain Marvel) there are fewer reasons to get it. Do you guys think there are reasons to still get the set, and why would you recommend/not recommend it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Do you guys think there are reasons to still get the set, and why would you recommend/not recommend it? 

That’s a really good question :laugh: The build isn’t bad, but I’m sure the new one will be leagues better, despite being smaller. The vehicles are definitely nothing to write home about. Minifig-wise, there’s not much of interest included, as you point out. Nebula perhaps, if you don’t already own her 2014 or 2017 counterparts? And maybe the infinity gauntlet, which surely isn’t included in the remake :classic:

In essence, the new one already renders this set pretty much superfluous, even without having seen it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

I am really thinking about picking up the Avengers Compound Battle, but with some of the figures being included in the summer sets (Thanos, Iron Man mk85, Captain Marvel) there are fewer reasons to get it. Do you guys think there are reasons to still get the set, and why would you recommend/not recommend it? 

go back to when it was first revealed lol everyone here gave a lot of reasons for why these legacy sets are a big deal for the marvel theme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

This^^ 

Probably unpopular opinion but I really like the first Antman helmet, I know it's inaccurate but they could remodel it with enclosed mouth area, the translucent red does look good on the figure, but now they made a new helmet with just printing, I think it kinda matches the Wasp helmet too though, It be nice if they just use the antman helmet instead of that Adaptoid/Vulture/Newer Ironman helmet mold. 

Yeah I agree, the molded sections of the ears and visors of the 2015 and 2018 Ant-Man helmets were my favourite parts of those figs despite the fact that they had no enclosed mouths and were instead based on concept art

I think the Adaptoid/Square Enix Iron Man helmet would work better for Wasp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

I think the Adaptoid/Square Enix Iron Man helmet would work better for Wasp 

That's the helmet they're already using, which is pretty much universally hated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

On the topic of Mk85, what are the chances we get 2 variants: 1 battle/gauntlet damaged one in the final battle set, and one new normal one in the Sanctuary 2 set?

I think the chances are low. Maybe the only difference would be that the one in the final battle has some special molded weapons like the LEGO Infinity War Iron Man fig

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's the helmet they're already using, which is pretty much universally hated.

Oops my bad meant to say that the 2020 Ant-Man helmet would work better for Wasp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

I think the chances are low. Maybe the only difference would be that the one in the final battle has some special molded weapons like the LEGO Infinity War Iron Man fig

I could see them doing that, maybe a small build for his Lightning Focuser in one of the sets?

Hot Toys Avengers Endgame Armored Thanos & Iron Mark 45 Figures! - Marvel  Toy News

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm hoping for a battle damaged printing and dual molded arms with printing.

I thought you were against battle damage? lol I am all for hopping aboard the battle damage train 🚆 The only marvel related one we've gotten was the Tony Stark in that avengers tower GWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Do you guys think there are reasons to still get the set, and why would you recommend/not recommend it? 

Honestly I would skip. Anything in that set is being done just as good or better this summer. It's just a very overpriced set with a lot of fluff so unless you find a good deal I'd say hold off.

30 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm hoping for a battle damaged printing and dual molded arms with printing.

It would be nice if we got a regular version and a battle damaged version. Maybe between the Final Battle and CMF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I thought you were against battle damage? lol I am all for hopping aboard the battle damage train 🚆 The only marvel related one we've gotten was the Tony Stark in that avengers tower GWP

This is Mark 85 we're talking about right? And you know that we already got normal Mark 85 from last Endgame wave? :wink:

I'm against battle damaged Mark 3 from Ironmonger set because that won't look good in HOA. It won't be consistent because Mark 1,2,5,6,7 isn't damaged. I hope that I was able to clarify myself to you. 

Just now, nintendude64 said:

It would be nice if we got a regular version and a battle damaged version. Maybe between the Final Battle and CMF?

We already got regular version from the previous wave of Endgame. 

The reason why I'm thinking they could do battle damaged or printing in the arms coz even the Chitauri head that is least expected to have an updated detail, they did. I can't see main hero Ironman being just reuse or same exact figure from 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would also be an extra incentive to get the sanctuary 2 set if they do end up doing 2 Mk85 versions - otherwise the main selling point of the set would end up being cap marvel, assuming it's her endgame design and not a reuse of the 2019 fig.

Minifig MCU Thanos isn't really something of high demand aside from those who hate bigfigs, and I'm not expecting some creator expert-level of detail in the ship - at most we get a stand for it like the just-revealed 66' batmobile set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This is Mark 85 we're talking about right? And you know that we already got normal Mark 85 from last Endgame wave? :wink:

I'm against battle damaged Mark 3 from Ironmonger set because that won't look good in HOA. It won't be consistent because Mark 1,2,5,6,7 isn't damaged. I hope that I was able to clarify myself to you. 

We already got regular version from the previous wave of Endgame. 

The reason why I'm thinking they could do battle damaged or printing in the arms coz even the Chitauri head that is least expected to have an updated detail, they did. I can't see main hero Ironman being just reuse or same exact figure from 2019. 

ohhhh okay that makes sense. Either way I would want battle damaged figs lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

It would also be an extra incentive to get the sanctuary 2 set if they do end up doing 2 Mk85 versions - otherwise the main selling point of the set would end up being cap marvel, assuming it's her endgame design and not a reuse of the 2019 fig.

Minifig MCU Thanos isn't really something of high demand aside from those who hate bigfigs, and I'm not expecting some creator expert-level of detail in the ship - at most we get a stand for it like the just-revealed 66' batmobile set.

Yeah, this make sense too. That's why I'm thinking we will be getting an updated Ironman Mark 85. I hope it's either more detailed printing or battle damaged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if the 2021 Captain America figure (76168) is the endgame variant? I’ve heard both that he is and that he isn’t, and would like to know if that’s the version we might get in the summer. 

Edited by Unknown Jedi Master

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Does anyone know if the 2021 Captain America figure (76168) is the endgame variant? I’ve heard both that he is and that he isn’t, and would like to know if that’s the version we might get in the summer. 

Considering the name of the set Hydra face off, it's either it is the first avenger or winter soldier set based so I doubt it's Endgame version. It's either TFA suit or Striker Stealth suit. 

Edited by SpiderJazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Does anyone know if the 2021 Captain America figure (76168) is the endgame variant? I’ve heard both that he is and that he isn’t, and would like to know if that’s the version we might get in the summer. 

The figure takes elements from several Captain America suits but it seems to be mainly based on the Ultimate Patriot outfit from the Avengers game.

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Considering the name of the set Hydra face off, it's either it is the first avenger or winter soldier set based so I doubt it's Endgame version. It's either TFA suit or Striker Stealth suit. 

He's referring to the Mech set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The poor color match between the MK 85 helmet/arms and the rest of the set definitely needs some kind of rework. It may just be that you make that the unmasked one and use pearl gold for his arms, but I'd love if they figure out a way to make that suit look better (as it's the last one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Does anyone know if the 2021 Captain America figure (76168) is the endgame variant? I’ve heard both that he is and that he isn’t, and would like to know if that’s the version we might get in the summer. 

The resemblance is there, but it's not an Endgame costume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Brickroll said:

That actually doesn’t sound insane, since it’s odd to have Luis’s van without Luis....I still think he might be in the cmf if its mcu.

if Luis comes in the cmf I'm making a Luis army, why you may ask because he's my favorite side character from any marvel movie(Korg is second)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I could see them doing that, maybe a small build for his Lightning Focuser in one of the sets?

Hot Toys Avengers Endgame Armored Thanos & Iron Mark 45 Figures! - Marvel  Toy News

That's exactly what I'm thinking. The final battle could feature this version of MK 85 and the figure in the Sanctuary would be a normal MK 85 variant

44 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Does anyone know if the 2021 Captain America figure (76168) is the endgame variant? I’ve heard both that he is and that he isn’t, and would like to know if that’s the version we might get in the summer. 

No, it's based off one of Cap's modern designs in the comics 

Endgame Cap had brown straps to break off the design

11 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

The resemblance is there, but it's not an Endgame costume.

Thank you, just because it has scales doesn't guarantee it being Endgame since comic Cap has most of his suits being scaly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Considering the name of the set Hydra face off, it's either it is the first avenger or winter soldier set based so I doubt it's Endgame version. It's either TFA suit or Striker Stealth suit. 

I’m pretty sure it might be his AoU suit, considering the set description says it’s an Avengers motorcycle in the set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Donkeypunch said:

Man the amount of bad vibes in this forum is insane 

its just Guyon2002 he HAS to comment on everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

I’m pretty sure it might be his AoU suit, considering the set description says it’s an Avengers motorcycle in the set.

I thought just motorcycle, gawd. Long live AoU suit again and again? *huh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.