Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, JLR said:

yeah, and 2022 sets will be on dominion anyway. The only set that doesn't make sense to me is the stigamoloch set, beacause camp creataceous doesn't have that dinosaur as far as i know, (at least not yet). Everything else seems to go with the flow, if you know what i mean. :)

Could be a random set that has no origin; like 75942 from last year. I have no interest in this set, just because it sounds so small compared to the price. I wonder what color Stiggy will be... DBLegonerd7 was onto something with the black or dark blue coloration, because it seems fairly franchise-canon.

true! and that is usually what junors Jurassic world tends to do; yeah same here, not really interested in this one. i got the 2018 stigamoloch set anyway, so no need of another one! i think the stigi colorsceme from that set is well done, which is leading me to believe that the stigi from this set might be the exact same coloring, printing, ect. Just like they did with the FK pteranodon set from juniors- exact same printing as the previous 2015 pteranodon capture set, (2015).

1 hour ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Could be a random set that has no origin; like 75942 from last year. I have no interest in this set, just because it sounds so small compared to the price. I wonder what color Stiggy will be... DBLegonerd7 was onto something with the black or dark blue coloration, because it seems fairly franchise-canon.

Yeah, definitely a random set. I don’t like the idea of that price against piece counts. I guess that’s why it’s 4+ but I think it’s more absurd. Oh well...

But one thing I’m interested in that set is (obviously) Stiggy. I won’t be surprised another Owen or Claire clone, which I have no interest in. 

If that 'Steve Harvey' figure leak is real, do you think it would go to that Stygimoloch Escape set for a buyer for the auction? (he said it would come in summer aswell...)

4 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

If that 'Steve Harvey' figure leak is real, do you think it would go to that Stygimoloch Escape set for a buyer for the auction? (he said it would come in summer aswell...)

Could be FK anyway; that's a good theory.

16 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's a boat, if it was a raft I would've just called it a raft :tongue:

My mistake, I googled ‘camp Cretaceous’ boat and one of the only results that came up was some sort of makeshift raft :grin:

A boat with a large moulded hull could be cool and would be another reason for a low piece count 

9 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Who is Steve Harvey? 

3 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

On an unrelated topic...

Reveal hidden contents

Scorpius Rex official images just leaked; and boy, he is a plug ugly son of a gun!

https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/wiki/E750

Great. Ugly name, ugly hybrid...

12 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Who is Steve Harvey? 

A comedian / game show host, mainly known for Family Feud. No idea what he has to do with JW. That „leak“ is obviously fake too :tongue:

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A comedian / game show host, mainly known for Family Feud. No idea what he has to do with JW. That „leak“ is obviously fake too :tongue:

I have a same thought - I had no absolute idea what this guy to do with JW. I will shrug Steve off my shoulder then. Thanks!

lol i was wondering if i had spelled stygimoloch wrong :)

Edited by JLR

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's not a leak, the season literally just came out yesterday.

A lot of people (including me) haven't watched it yet, so I was just sharing; like when JLR re-shared images of that DUPLO set for this year.

Man, he sure is ugly, though!

I wonder if people are calling Scorpi(o/u)s Rex ugly in a negative or positive way.

The whole point of this hybrid was that it was too ugly for display, Masrani didn't want it. So it works perfectly. 

52 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

A lot of people (including me) haven't watched it yet, so I was just sharing; like when JLR re-shared images of that DUPLO set for this year.

Man, he sure is ugly, though!

I think he was talking about the fact that you called it a leak, but it's an official image.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wonder if people are calling Scorpi(o/u)s Rex ugly in a negative or positive way.

The whole point of this hybrid was that it was too ugly for display, Masrani didn't want it. So it works perfectly. 

I think he was talking about the fact that you called it a leak, but it's an official image.

This new dinosaur is certainly not pretty but I've seen other therapods look even uglier in reconstructions sometimes! I like the tail, it's that sort of crazy detail I think Jurassic World should embrace if they keep doing these mutants - why give them realistic features if they're completely made-up?! :tongue:

8 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's not a leak, the season literally just came out yesterday.

If Netflix has released the entire season at once I take it there's better pictures of that particular dinosaur than that shadowy picture from the wiki page? I might have a skim through the episodes later

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wonder if peo pl le are calling Scorpi(o/u)s Rex ugly in a negative or positive way.

Definitely positive here. It's supposed to be a scientific abomination with odd shapes and unnatural proportions, sadly a lot of people (especially on Twitter and Instagram) don't seem to grasp the whole concept behind the animal. 

Spoiler

The only thing I actively hate about the Scorpius is the whole asexual breeding thing, by far one of the dumbest things in the entire franchise so far as it makes no sense whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yep.

14 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

If Netflix has released the entire season at once I take it there's better pictures of that particular dinosaur than that shadowy picture from the wiki page? I might have a skim through the episodes later

It's not the best as you can't take screenshots from Netflix directly but this gives a pretty clear look at the Scorpius. Spoilers below (obviously):

Spoiler

Screenshot_29.jpg

This is slightly off-topic, but now that Dr Wu has made a few superintelligent kill-all-humans big dinosaurs with long arm-like front limbs, and a few bloodthirsty kill-all-humans flying dinosaurs (sorry not sorry for the misuse of the word dinosaur there), I want him to make a fire-breathing dinosaur.  Then he can put them all together and make a dragon!

1 minute ago, icm said:

This is slightly off-topic, but now that Dr Wu has made a few superintelligent kill-all-humans big dinosaurs with long arm-like front limbs, and a few bloodthirsty kill-all-humans flying dinosaurs (sorry not sorry for the misuse of the word dinosaur there), I want him to make a fire-breathing dinosaur.  Then he can put them all together and make a dragon!

That would be a merch-milking product to be sure of! something like that would be cool to see someday!

45 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's not the best as you can't take screenshots from Netflix directly but this gives a pretty clear look at the Scorpius. Spoilers below (obviously):

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_29.jpg

It looks like an interbred Porcupine (quills), Utahraptor (body and claws), and Rugops (head shape). I think it looks rather cool in that regard. Have they listed the genetic components yet?

Season 3 of Camp Cretaceous was awesome. I’m now convinced that several (if not ALL) of the sets that @lego_guyon02 leaked a few weeks back will be based on the show. The T-Rex Fossil set will probably just feature the T-Rex skull along with a new, more-accurately colored Blue velociraptor from the iconic scene in season 3. The Baryonyx Boat Attack set will probably feature Tiff and Mitch’s boat (and an otherwise made up attack scene). The Carnotaurus Chase set I’m sure will also be based on CC and feature a Carno (maybe with some minor mold updates) and a Toro paint application. The only head scratcher is the Stygi set, which will probably be a random scene but I’m sure they will use it to give us an exclusive minifig of the seven Campers so we have to buy it to have the whole Camp Cretaceous crew. I’m dying to see some leaks now... I really hope LEGO takes advantage of this great content and doesn’t just give us made up sets again.

25 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

The only head scratcher is the Stygi set, which will probably be a random scene but I’m sure they will use it to give us an exclusive minifig of the seven Campers so we have to buy it to have the whole Camp Cretaceous crew.

I honestly doubt that. In the last 3 years we've gotten 4 Juniors sets and none of them included desirable characters that weren't available elsewhere. The 2018 sets just had Owen, Claire and some random ACU guards and a scientist and last year we got Owen and Sinjin.

36 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Season 3 of Camp Cretaceous was awesome. I’m now convinced that several (if not ALL) of the sets that @lego_guyon02 leaked a few weeks back will be based on the show. The T-Rex Fossil set will probably just feature the T-Rex skull along with a new, more-accurately colored Blue velociraptor from the iconic scene in season 3. The Baryonyx Boat Attack set will probably feature Tiff and Mitch’s boat (and an otherwise made up attack scene). The Carnotaurus Chase set I’m sure will also be based on CC and feature a Carno (maybe with some minor mold updates) and a Toro paint application. The only head scratcher is the Stygi set, which will probably be a random scene but I’m sure they will use it to give us an exclusive minifig of the seven Campers so we have to buy it to have the whole Camp Cretaceous crew. I’m dying to see some leaks now... I really hope LEGO takes advantage of this great content and doesn’t just give us made up sets again.

Awesome! Glad you got to see it! I hope your predictions are correct... they sound really cool!

Yeah I also finished watching Camp Cretaceous S3, and I loved it. Such a great series.

I seriously hope the sets will be based on that series, it has SO MUCH potential. The set names also fit perfectly.

45 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I honestly doubt that. In the last 3 years we've gotten 4 Juniors sets and none of them included desirable characters that weren't available elsewhere. The 2018 sets just had Owen, Claire and some random ACU guards and a scientist and last year we got Owen and Sinjin.

I have a same thought... 

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Definitely positive here. It's supposed to be a scientific abomination with odd shapes and unnatural proportions

Hide contents

Screenshot_29.jpg

I love it! Definitely prefer the darker colour scheme of this and the Indoraptor compared to the lighter Indominus Rex 

the only shame is that unless there’s an unknown exclusive set this year (unlikely) I don’t think we’ll get this Dino in Lego because it needs new moulds. If Lego can just delay an entire wave to next year then they probably won’t bother designing a whole new set to tie-in to a tv series. The only hope to ever get this in Lego seems to be for 2023 if camp Cretaceous/ a Lego JW tv series is still on. 

Spoilers for S3:

Spoiler

It didn't make much sense at first but having seen Season 3 I'm just so confident and hyped that the $30 set is most likely the JW-era Visitor Center. Just looking at Dreamworks' model I can easily see this having a small-ish T-Rex skull, some scaffolding, other debris and possibly even some torn apart pieces of the "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth" banner.

Throw in Yaz, Darius and Kenji alongside Blue and possibly (albeit highly unlikely) some Compies and you've got a fantastic little set.

Screenshot_30.jpg

3 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I love it! Definitely prefer the darker colour scheme of this and the Indoraptor compared to the lighter Indominus Rex 

the only shame is that unless there’s an unknown exclusive set this year (unlikely) I don’t think we’ll get this Dino in Lego because it needs new moulds. If Lego can just delay an entire wave to next year then they probably won’t bother designing a whole new set to tie-in to a tv series. The only hope to ever get this in Lego seems to be for 2023 if camp Cretaceous/ a Lego JW tv series is still on. 

I will eat my shoe if there's an unknown store-exclusive, especially if it included the Scorpius. LEGO Jurassic's 2021 lineup was already filled to the brim with sets and that only really watered down to what we're getting now because LEGO was forced to delay the Dominion sets by a year. The sets were still getting were always planned to be released at that time so unless LEGO conjured up some extra budget out of nowhere an additional set seems highly unlikely.