Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Do we yet have any information if Godzilla will be in one of the sets? Since she is a dinosaur-like person, it would fit into the line. How tall do you guys and gals think she would be?

Hello! I’m sorry but it’s more unlikely for Godzilla to show up in Jurassic World theme. 

BUT - Godzilla just came to my mind, I personally would love to see Godzilla / King Kong have their own Lego theme. I mean Monster Universe seems very popular lately, in my opinion so I would love to collect Godzilla and King Kong characters myself!

Now, everyone - I’m sorry about getting ourselves into unknown territory of off topics! Back to Jurassic World topic. :) 

Yeah I’d say the Fossil Escape set will probably be my favourite if it comes with 1 or 2 raptors. I’d love it if we get one of the 4 adults from the first JW film or the Camp Cretaceous tiger-themed raptor 

with that being said a bit of me does Wonder if there’s even more annoying vehicles in these sets than we know about - I can’t wait for ‘The Fossil Escape on a giant 300 piece holiciptor’ :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

with that being said a bit of me does Wonder if there’s even more annoying vehicles in these sets than we know about - I can’t wait for ‘The Fossil Escape on a giant 300 piece holiciptor’ :laugh:

I agree with you on annoying vehicles. However, I would grab if there is any Ford Explorer or Jeep from the original Jurasic Park movie, that’s it. 

Personally, I wish designers should drop vehicles and foucs more on sceneries like forest/jungle, mountain/waterfall, etc. Take a look at Legendary of Flower Fruit Mountain from Monkie Kid theme. :) 

3 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Oh, such a classic!

Exactly, the scenery is really neat and classic!  That’s why I wish Jurassic World could drop some annoying vechiles (like Batmobile).

3 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yeah I’d say the Fossil Escape set will probably be my favourite if it comes with 1 or 2 raptors. I’d love it if we get one of the 4 adults from the first JW film or the Camp Cretaceous tiger-themed raptor 

No! No! Please don't even consider a vehicle in it. You know it will happen. I'm still holding out for the theory earlier (I think it was Guyon) that it would be a JP based set with the main hall, T. rex fossil, raptor, and maybe the stairs. That would be so nice and keep the JP film alive in LEGO. Although I don't know if they'll be able to do it in $30, which is a shame.

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Fair enough. So which set (judging by the names) are you personally most looking forward to seeing images of?

T. Rex Fossil.

It's the only set that's not terribly overpriced, the build sounds like it could be unique, and the name itself gives me hope that it's either JP or CC based.

15 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Fair enough. So which set (judging by the names) are you personally most looking forward to seeing images of?

The 30$ T. Rex Fossil. The price is good, and as been already theorized, it would be great to possibly get an accurate Blue and most important

Spoiler

Compies!

15 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

That's perfectly fine! Sorry if I offended you at all!

Nothing about the dinosaurs themselves is known, although we may see a new Carnotaurus mold, judging by the prices for that set.

absolutely no offense taken.

What set do you look forward to?

You know what, after a second thought, I wouldn't like the T. Rex fossil to be a JP set.

The reason is, we all know what it would look like in terms of dinosuarus and minfigures - it would just be the Jurassic Park Velociraptor Chase all over again, with one raptor and our 4 main characters. 

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

absolutely no offense taken.

What set do you look forward to?

Oh, good!

I want to see set images for Carnotaurus Chase most, so we can find out if there are any new molds, but T.rex Fossil Escape sounds the most fairly priced. I hope Lego is able to do something cool with Baryonyx Boat Attack, because that is a set that could have potential if Lego works hard to make it.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You know what, after a second thought, I wouldn't like the T. Rex fossil to be a JP set.

The reason is, we all know what it would look like in terms of dinosuarus and minfigures - it would just be the Jurassic Park Velociraptor Chase all over again, with one raptor and our 4 main characters. 

I see your reason of thinking. Now that I look back on that, I agree that it is very similar, by the sound of it, to that set. I don't like it when Lego makes remake-esque sets of existing builds. Is there any alternative build or build pattern we could see at all...?

To be honest, if it was a Jurassic Park set that is based on the climax of the film, it wouldn't be the same set again, we would get a different build, (perhaps that set could even join together with the old one lol), different variations of figures, and a recolour of a 1993 Velociraptor.

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

To be honest, if it was a Jurassic Park set that is based on the climax of the film, it wouldn't be the same set again, we would get a different build, (perhaps that set could even join together with the old one lol), different variations of figures, and a recolour of a 1993 Velociraptor.

I mean sure, the minfigures and dinosaurs could be slightly altered, but they would look more or less the same. Unless they vastly changed the minfigure selection and decided to include Hammond, Ian, and the kids, but we got all of them didn't we? And it's not like we need another brown-ish raptor :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean sure, the minfigures and dinosaurs could be slightly altered, but they would look more or less the same. Unless they vastly changed the minfigure selection and decided to include Hammond, Ian, and the kids, but we got all of them didn't we? And it's not like we need another brown-ish raptor :shrug_oh_well:

As guyon suggested, if we got this set, it would probably have 'survivor' varients of Alan Grant, Ellie Satler, Lex and Tim Murphy.

Would you want Lego to use the same Velociraptor?

32 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

As guyon suggested, if we got this set, it would probably have 'survivor' varients of Alan Grant, Ellie Satler, Lex and Tim Murphy.

“Survivor” variant? You mean like... mud on pants? Wounds? Clothes wrapped around Tim’s hands?

21 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

“Survivor” variant? You mean like... mud on pants? Wounds? Clothes wrapped around Tim’s hands?

Exactly

7 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Sure, they wouldn't do the exact same minfigures, but that set would look ridiculous next to the other set - same characters and same dinosaur.

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Sure, they wouldn't do the exact same minfigures, but that set would look ridiculous next to the other set - same characters and same dinosaur.

You should look at the Star Wars sets of you think that’s ridiculous- there’s so many landspeeder / Tatooine sets with the same set of characters :wink:

If I had to choose 1 raptor for the upcoming set I would want either a tiger-striped raptor like Lost World / Camp Cretaceous or an accurate grey Blue with the same colour as the 2018 baby piece 

6 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

You should look at the Star Wars sets of you think that’s ridiculous- there’s so many landspeeder / Tatooine sets with the same set of characters :wink:

If I had to choose 1 raptor for the upcoming set I would want either a tiger-striped raptor like Lost World / Camp Cretaceous or an accurate grey Blue with the same colour as the 2018 baby piece 

Star Wars is a much different case. They've been making those sets for 22 years now, so they've made nearly every possible location or ship, multiple times even. They just had to start remaking sets at some point, you know. 

As for Jurassic Park, we've had only 1 set and a D2C. They could easily make new sets with new dinos, and not the same selection. For example if the T. Rex Fossil was a bit bigger, and instead of a raptor, it included a T. Rex, I wouldn't complain at all.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would actually love another JP raptor

A new and more accurate JP Raptor would definitely be much better than yet another T-Rex. 

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would actually love another JP raptor

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

A new and more accurate JP Raptor would definitely be much better than yet another T-Rex. 

Same here.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Same here.

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of that build-built T-rex, so - I would love to have a JP T-rex out of mold but it may be unlikely tho.

JP T. Rex looks the same as JW T. Rex tho, and we have a mould for that one...

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

JP T. Rex looks the same as JW T. Rex tho, and we have a mould for that one...

Maybe i was not clear enough when I wrote in the first place - i mean... English language is not really my first lanauge. It’s just my sign lanauge. Ok - I meant that I would love to have more accuracy for T-rex, such as printing. And maybe a bit larger mold (more unlikely, tho).