Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

17 minutes ago, neroart said:

@Hold0511 soooooo.....now that I wanted to Update the BLO parts, I am reconsidering the the spraypainting. First i thought i'll just buy parts....but after having done that for the mando n1 i quickly went back to the painting plan :D god, these parts are expensive... can you tell me which spray you used exactly, i remember you mentioned plastikote.

Yup I found that's the best balance between a realistic finish similar to Lego's own drum lacquered parts and it being non destructive and removable if you so desire.  I can drop you a pm if you want more details to avoid upsetting anyone in this thread.

@Hold0511 Yes please, some info about the spray would be nice. Also considering Revell acrylic metallic silver spray. And I don't see anybody getting upset here, as far as I remember, your version was a welcome sight for everyone :) 

Edited by neroart

27 minutes ago, neroart said:

@Hold0511 soooooo.....now that I wanted to Update the BLO parts, I am reconsidering the the spraypainting. First i thought i'll just buy parts....but after having done that for the mando n1 i quickly went back to the painting plan :D god, these parts are expensive... can you tell me which spray you used exactly, i remember you mentioned plastikote.

You mean buying the parts in silver? That would have been incredibly expensive! Is there even a seller that offers such a wide variety of silver parts?

15 minutes ago, l0renZo said:

You mean buying the parts in silver? That would have been incredibly expensive! Is there even a seller that offers such a wide variety of silver parts?

Well, not all of them of course but different parts, different metallic colors... But after the n1 (which was quite expensive relative to part count) I'll just throw in a few flat, metallic, pearl silver parts here and there and spray the rest. That'll be fun, actually looking forward to taking it apart and rebuilding it again. 

And no there aren't enough parts and sellers... the problem is usually that even for just one lot you need several sellers as they usually only have few pieces .... 

Edited by neroart

12 minutes ago, l0renZo said:

Yup expensive and nope not many!

8 minutes ago, neroart said:

Well, not all of them of course but different parts, different metallic colors... But after the n1 (which was quite expensive relative to part count) I'll just throw in a few flat, metallic, pearl silver parts here and there and spray the rest. That'll be fun, actually looking forward to taking it apart and rebuilding it again. 

And no there aren't enough parts and sellers... the problem is usually that even for just one lot you need several sellers as they usually only have pieces items.... 

PM'd - yup echo your comments on parts and sellers, throw in the odd lego part and it helps with the shading and patina and keeps costs down.

Hello Hold,

I'm also very interested in your PM to get inputs to paint my legos in silver. Your result is fantastic ! It looks like some tiles are still LBG as well which makes the result pop out really nicely with different light angles, is that correct ?

I googled plastikote and they seem to have been bought by Dupli-color, is it still any good ?

Thanks a lot for any advice !

Cheers

2 hours ago, Bobby55 said:

Hello Hold,

I'm also very interested in your PM to get inputs to paint my legos in silver. Your result is fantastic ! It looks like some tiles are still LBG as well which makes the result pop out really nicely with different light angles, is that correct ?

I googled plastikote and they seem to have been bought by Dupli-color, is it still any good ?

Thanks a lot for any advice !

Cheers

Welcome to Eurobricks!  PM sent to you - you may find some limts on your account as a newbie (check the new member FAQs).  Nope no difference at all that I have noticed.

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Thank you !

you may find some limts on your account as a newbie (check the new member FAQs)

Will do !

See ya