JamesJT

[B Model] McLaren Senna from 42115

It's a good looking model, but I suggest you put more effort into your model presentations if you want good fedback.

Like:

• What kind of a drive system?
  • Suspension system?
  • Steering system?
  • Gearbox?
  • Photos of interesting mechanisms/underside?

Excellent build, especially considering the limited parts.

54 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

It's a good looking model, but I suggest you put more effort into your model presentations if you want good fedback.

Agreed, some more photos would be good, be nice to see what the interior looks like too.

That said, the shifting mechanism with the rear wing is ingenious. One of the most innovative things I think I’ve seen on a model.

Now I get the appeal with B-models... more people will be able to make the model, it’s cheaper as you only need 1 set, you don’t have to buy extra parts from BrickLink, and it provides an extra challenge in only using the pieces you are given. 

However I feel like some of your best models are the ones were you don’t limit yourself to a certain set of parts (Ford GT mk1 for example). This model suffers with some of the details, and I feel like you could make an epic version of this car if you let yourself use any LEGO parts you wanted.

Excellent B-model.

Of course, without limitations, it would be really excellent model.

Does this mean, that all supercars are "the same", if You can build some of them from one Lego set? :D

20 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

... put more effort into your model presentations if you want good fedback.

I am a man of few words. I hope the models speak for themselves. All the info is in the first 3 seconds of the video.

19 hours ago, langko said:

some of your best models are the ones were you don’t limit yourself to a certain set of parts (Ford GT mk1 for example).

My B models out sell my MOCs by 5 to 1.

9 hours ago, Jurss said:

Does this mean, that all supercars are "the same"?

Yes - they are all actually Ferrari Enzo.

4 hours ago, JamesJT said:

My B models out sell my MOCs by 5 to 1.

Because higher quantity always means higher quality... 

Its no surprise they sell more. Like I said already people only need 1 set to make them so it’s appealing. Understandable not everyone has the time/budget to get all the parts required for a MOC.

It just seems your goal is to turn 42115 into a 10 in 1 set, or make models that sell more, vs making the best model you can. But if that’s what you prefer I’ll respect that, not everyone has the same goals when making LEGO and that’s ok. 

I think u portrayed the real Senna pretty well however, i think that the Senna  isn't the best lego Moc to do because it really made Me cringe when I say the gaping hole in the door and the holes in which the lights were 

This for me seems more like a commercial to sell instructions than a presentation of a model.

All that said it is still a nice model, especially for a B-model, but it is hard to give constructive criticism and/or learn anything from it with this presentation.

_ED_