Sign in to follow this  
n1majneb

[Factions Ep. 7 - Cat A] [O7 - Mandalore - CE] What lies beneath...

*Your entry has earned 10 XP*

Following reports the Pyerce Sympathisers had fled underground after Clan Eldar had uncovered wealthy Mandalorians were supporting Pyerce's return I gave pursuit deep into the caverns under Sundari.

The cave system was vast, great chasms had been cut into the rock yet I found little sign of life.

Later, I heard cries echo through the caves and I followed these until the silence won out once more, however, I found discarded weapons and scorched rock. 

Clear signs of aggression.
Suddenly, great eyes peered out at me through the darkness, their very glare holding me in place...

What dwells beneath, Pyerce Resilient Chapter 7

...As a claw reached out from the darkness my courage returned and I engaged my jetpack stealing me from the cave. Safe again.

This lead had dried up, it was time to engage in a new line of enquiry. But first I needed a drink, and Cantina's were always a good source of loose tongues...

Spoiler

With each category A build i'm aiming to build something completely different to the one before.
I enjoyed throwing this one together, I feel i've captured the rock work and action nicely here.

Alt view to see more detail:

What dwells beneath, Pyerce Resilient Chapter 7

Edited by Ross Fisher

43 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I really like this one. What piece did you use to make the eyes? It's really menacing... in a slightly blocky way.

The eyes are two 1x1 plates and the 1x1 with the black stripe printed on the side from Ninjago City for the central plate.
I thought it a nice solution for the eyes as 1 stud wide was too small, 2 stud too wide. This is my Goldilocks solution!

Really nice idea for the build with the perspective in mind. That leg out of the shadow makes the build. I like the floor and the walls rocks, although maybe the floor is too plain. The eyes work also very well, but they lack a bit of menacing. I would use two pairs of cheese slopes: one white and one black, with each white slope in symmetric position (sort of < >) to make each eye more menacing.

Love your choice of the printed piece to make the eyes wider. The rockwork looks a little messy.

On 1/6/2021 at 6:49 PM, dvogon said:

Really nice idea for the build with the perspective in mind. That leg out of the shadow makes the build. I like the floor and the walls rocks, although maybe the floor is too plain. The eyes work also very well, but they lack a bit of menacing. I would use two pairs of cheese slopes: one white and one black, with each white slope in symmetric position (sort of < >) to make each eye more menacing.

Thanks- I have wanted to experiment using cheese slopes this way in a build 

having an actual robot hand means I’d really need to secure the cheese slopes as 99% of my building is single handed with no help so I’d probably only ever do this for a floor where the risk of it falling apart during build and reposition is greatly reduced