Norton74

[MOC] "Into the Wild" Snowy Magic Bus

"Into the Wild" Snowy Magic Bus

A few months ago I built the most iconic scene from the movie “Into the Wild”, directed by Sean Penn in 2007, with the Magic Bus standing in plain sight in the wild Alaskan woods. It was early spring.
With the cold season coming it was taken for granted I'd be tempted to build the snow capped Bus as it appears in some scenes of the movie. 
The sand green/white Bus stands on a big snowy base now built with many weird parts to create the snow-covered foliage effect. White pines are placed behind it.
Chris McCandless's story is well known and sadly it didn't end well. And the Bus itself, seen as a danger, has been recently airlifted from the Alaskan wild to a secure site after two hikers have died and at least 15 have had to be rescued while trying to reach the bus in the remote Alaskan wilderness. Abandoned on the Stampede Trail near Denali National Park, the bus had become a pilgrimage site. It was revered by travelers around the world who had read the book or seen the movie. But it had also become a hazard, luring hikers into forbidding territory.

Here my first version of the Into the Wild diorama with more info about the story of Chris.

Few photos:

50584654741_da75de1d6c_b.jpg

IMG_2981_2500.jpg

IMG_2983_2500.jpg

Magic-Bus-snowy-1800x1200-1.jpg

Hope you like it :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Edited by Norton74

I really like this, as I said on Instagram. It's a beautiful model of something a bit different from the usual. The snowy whiteness goes so well with the sand green. 

1 hour ago, Retro said:

I really like this, as I said on Instagram. It's a beautiful model of something a bit different from the usual. The snowy whiteness goes so well with the sand green. 

Thank you very much @Retro. It's funny meeting you here and on Instagram too...:wink:

On 5/24/2021 at 7:28 PM, Sean Bancroft said:

I just can't believe my eyes. amazing MOC! 

Thank you!

Take a look at the fall version: 

49512006556_741ccd1264_b.jpg