BrokenEye

Parts refusing to load, catagories missing, corrupt, or randomly redistributed

Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and re-installed LDD. After resolving an unrelated error having to do with my graphics card, I succeeded in booting up the program and opened one of my old build files to discover that an incredibly large number of bricks (mostly ones with moving parts) were refusing to load. Additionally, three of the brick categories in the sidebar were displaying with a bugged icon and a handful more, including hats, heads, and handheld props, were missing entirely. Finally, numerous bricks from these and other categories has been randomly redistributed to incorrect categories, as seen in the minifig parts catagory here. I haven't yet determined whether all of the parts from the missing categories are still present.

What's going on, and how do I fix it?

I've already tried all the solutions in this thread, in the belief that it was about the same issue I'm experiencing, but in retrospect it's very likely that it isn't.

I don't know how to check the number of the brickset, but the version I currently have installed is definitely 4.3.12.

If you have read the post you linked above, you should know that the " dreadful 4.3.12" (quoting the words of SylvainLS) is broken.
Please install the 4,3,11 instead (if you have not the installer, you should find it reading the same topic you linked above).

After installing 4.3.11 you have to be sure that it is the real .11 checking the brickset (from "about" dialog in LDD).
In any case, you should not have the .12 installed. If you have the .12 as you told me above, remove it and install .11.

Bit of a complication. I no longer have my 4.3.11 installer, and it looks like Lego has finally updated the LDD page on their website, and the download they offer is no longer 4.3.11, but 4.3.12. Which is amazing, but not really helpful to my specific situation right now. Do you know where I can find 4.3.11 again?

Edited by BrokenEye

37 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

Bit of a complication. I no longer have my 4.3.11 installer, and it looks like Lego has finally updated the LDD page on their website, and the download they offer is no longer 4.3.11, but 4.3.12. Which is amazing, but not really helpful to my specific situation right now. Do you know where I can find 4.3.11 again?

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/169545-ldd-4312-update-could-be-possible/&do=findComment&comment=3144872

Much obliged.

EDIT:

Alright, looks like it's fixed. Many thanks to you both.

Edited by BrokenEye