keybrickone

Keybrick One / Rechargeable battery pack for Powered Up

23 minutes ago, keybrickone said:

Should have stated that it was a whole week of transit.

Well, that is what I assumed - but found it just funny, to brag about the "one" day :pir-huzzah2:

These times are way too tense - and a little joke here and there, a little sarcasm, just blunt nonsense - always with a smile of course - will hopefully not do any harm.

I too find it merely unbelievable how they all manage all these orders and deliveries. We live in a dead-end street, 7 houses in total. It begins at about 11 am: UPS. Their trucks are clearly distinguishable from the others, even when they departed already for a couple of minutes: From the diesel smell along with the still settling soot particles:sarcasm:. Next up is usually DHL, then DPD and then all sorts of unmarked, mostly white-ish vans, dumping off packages after packages. And the drivers are always in a hurry - getting only minimum wages. There are a couple of 5€ bills near the door - whenever there is a chance for tipping. Usually they beam out of the car into the cargo bay and from there to the door. And then back into the car.

Oh well, it is Christmastime ... 

Best and good luck with your very nice products and product development!
Thorsten

10 minutes ago, Toastie said:

Well, that is what I assumed - but found it just funny, to brag about the "one" day :pir-huzzah2:

These times are way too tense - and a little joke here and there, a little sarcasm, just blunt nonsense - always with a smile of course - will hopefully not do any harm.

I too find it merely unbelievable how they all manage all these orders and deliveries. We live in a dead-end street, 7 houses in total. It begins at about 11 am: UPS. Their trucks are clearly distinguishable from the others, even when they departed already for a couple of minutes: From the diesel smell along with the still settling soot particles:sarcasm:. Next up is usually DHL, then DPD and then all sorts of unmarked, mostly white-ish vans, dumping off packages after packages. And the drivers are always in a hurry - getting only minimum wages. There are a couple of 5€ bills near the door - whenever there is a chance for tipping. Usually they beam out of the car into the cargo bay and from there to the door. And then back into the car.

Oh well, it is Christmastime ... 

Best and good luck with your very nice products and product development!
Thorsten

Crazy times indeed! And thank you for the warm words!

As for the drivers and delivery personnel in general, those i have to deal with on a daily basis are mostly gems! And I genuinely think i have the nicest Fedex and DPD guys in the country.

I tend to not seem them much lately though because of Corona-compliance procedures etc. I guess we all hope to get back to "normal" ASAP.

KeyBrick One is game changing, as in, it changes the game of kids playing with their lego trains. 

now that my kids have a freight train and a double length passenger train all keybrick powered, they’ve been playing trains all holidays, unlike before when we were continually having to shuttle recgarchables and deal with slowing trains. 

Family and friends are beginning to ask where they can get KeyBricks for their new Christmas presents or their older disused ones, but the answer is nowhere :(

I’m even considering a few more :)

@keybrickone, Have you got any plans to take more orders any time soon?

On 12/30/2020 at 4:50 AM, Stux said:

KeyBrick One is game changing, as in, it changes the game of kids playing with their lego trains. 

now that my kids have a freight train and a double length passenger train all keybrick powered, they’ve been playing trains all holidays, unlike before when we were continually having to shuttle recgarchables and deal with slowing trains. 

Family and friends are beginning to ask where they can get KeyBricks for their new Christmas presents or their older disused ones, but the answer is nowhere :(

I’m even considering a few more :)

@keybrickone, Have you got any plans to take more orders any time soon?

Hi everyone, hello Stux, sorry for long delay in answering here. We've been very busy over the past few weeks and some rest was necessary after the rollercoaster-ride-like year that was 2020.

I'm happy to hear you and your kids enjoy your Keybricks!

We are currently preparing a second, slightly bigger batch of Keybricks, but with the upcoming holidays in China we're having a hard time to get some estimation on when we will actually receive the battery cells. As soon as we have a fixed ETA we will re-open the preorders. If our supplier manages to ship in January still this might mean that new Keybricks are merely weeks away.

We are currently in the process of finishing the design of the power functions top, as well as one other small item which will - at least we hope - make many people happy because it will extend the applications for the powered up hub (far?) beyond what is currently possible. We'll be posting about that as soon as we know if we can make it to market at the same time as second round will ship.

The power functions top is currently getting its second round of prototypes built and we are starting to be happy with the result. Be prepared for some more info on that end too :)

The first prototype of the small wide range AC/DC input to 5V/USB power supplywe previouslywrote about was rather underwhelming, and we didn't find time to make a second iteration yet. The prototype PCB for the "bigger" supply brick is still awaiting assembly, there too, little to no spare time sadly.

On a final note; a first PCB of the electronics that will hopefully become a Keybrick for the control+ hub are currently being designed. This one is a challenge beyond putting the current electronics in a bigger box with a huge battery as the power requirements of the four port hub exceed the supply capabilities of the current circuit by far. While this gives us the opportunity to fix a number of complaints regarding Keybrick One (Micro-USB vs. Type C port for charging), it means that we are starting from nearly a clean sheet. It is currently not even sure that we will be able to keep the same microcontroller. Anyhow, we will keep you updated.

All the best from snowy Engen,

- Yannic

On 1/15/2021 at 11:22 PM, keybrickone said:

On a final note; a first PCB of the electronics that will hopefully become a Keybrick for the control+ hub are currently being designed. This one is a challenge beyond putting the current electronics in a bigger box with a huge battery as the power requirements of the four port hub exceed the supply capabilities of the current circuit by far. While this gives us the opportunity to fix a number of complaints regarding Keybrick One (Micro-USB vs. Type C port for charging), it means that we are starting from nearly a clean sheet. It is currently not even sure that we will be able to keep the same microcontroller. Anyhow, we will keep you updated.

All the best from snowy Engen,

- Yannic

Hello

Can you give us here an status update ?

Jo

On 9/18/2021 at 11:21 PM, emm said:

Is this project now dead?

As actually now interested in purchasing these @keybrickone

Unfortunately the Kickstarter failed (I think 80% funded but too many skeptics) so they released a limited run of hand assembled examples in a 3d printed shell. 

Unfortunately I doubt they'll do another run, but it'll be up to Keybrick to decide.

7 hours ago, Matt Dawson said:

Unfortunately the Kickstarter failed (I think 80% funded but too many skeptics) so they released a limited run of hand assembled examples in a 3d printed shell. 

Unfortunately I doubt they'll do another run, but it'll be up to Keybrick to decide.

They announced a second run here... for easer 2021 or something like that.

I’m new here so apologies if I repeat others! 

I found this as recently completed my first train since Lego used live rails and not impressed by the power pack in 88009. This project would definitely  get my vote . Any hope it might be revived?

Or are there any alternatives out there? 

On 1/2/2022 at 12:07 PM, NixEre said:

I’m new here so apologies if I repeat others! 

I found this as recently completed my first train since Lego used live rails and not impressed by the power pack in 88009. This project would definitely  get my vote . Any hope it might be revived?

Or are there any alternatives out there? 

I thought the project was dead. But all of a sudden I got a mail that there is a new batch available.

I am still happy with my keybricks.

I considered ordering one today but the cost of shipping to the US is $34 which added to the price of one keybrick is too much for me.