Sajuuk

[MOC] Tarrasque Starfighter (Classic Space Inspired)

So, this is my first attempt at a Classic Space themed spacecraft (albeit not really following the rules of Neo Classic Space) as well as my first serious attempt at greebling.  Not entirely sure it is good enough/technical enough for the forums, but would still like to share it.  The hull is heavily influenced by classic cars from the 1930's, as well as offshore racing boats.  Any feedback would be great, (better building techniques to use, better colour blocking schemes, etc.) even if you think it's a piece of gǒu shǐ!

More photos on my Flickr or my Brickshelf (when moderated).

1.jpgimg_6467.jpgimg_6469.jpgimg_6470.jpgimg_6489.jpgimg_6464.jpgimg_6481.jpgimg_6477.jpgimg_6471.jpgimg_6491.jpgimg_6502.jpgimg_6499.jpgimg_6512.jpgimg_6523.jpgimg_6506.jpgimg_6507.jpgimg_6473.jpgimg_6475.jpg

Edited by Sajuuk
Grammar (forgot to italicize my usage of a word in Madarin)

There is some really neat parts usage here! Especially like the front of the ship. That's a neat stand too. Great job! 

17 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Why does he have a weapon if Classic Space was a peaceful series ?

I think some of the later classic space sets had front weapons. None the less, you got to always be safe with those nasty blacktron guys flying around! :laugh:

@Ragana9289 Thanks!  Whilst it's Classic Space themed, it's actually set in a storyline I've been putting together for some time; however, if I were to justify it as an addition to the Classic Space LEGO IP, perhaps the cannons are just for mining asteroids and the missiles are just space probes?  Also, in my storyline, the Tarrasque starfighter line is a modified, militarized variant of a civilian spacecraft line, which was pressed into service as a cheap heavy assault fighter for the Planetary Defence of the "good guy" faction.  That, and I've been gravitating more towards the various blue colours for ships designed for Planetary Defence versus other colours for the Naval ships, so that probably explains where the Classic Space inspiration came about.

@JintaiZ Thank you!

@The Neighborhood Merchant Thank you!  The front is definitely where I tried to put most of that classic 1930's car idea to practice.  I found those stands whilst trying to find something similar to my Warhammer 40,000 flight bases, since trying to make a non-invasive stand out of LEGO for some of my MOCs was quite challenging..