16 hours ago, Beskar Bricks said:

Anyone know when the Ford set is out on Amazon UK? 

Aparently its a retailer exclusive.

At Lime Rock in Lakeville Connecticut as I type this, watching a C8.R live for the IMSA Northeast Grand Prix.  New appreciation.  

Where’s the Swedish Easter egg flag in the Koenigsegg Jesko that people are mentioning?   Can find it 😫

Just thought of this: Anyone here who has the 2x2 circular pieces seen here able to put them in the new wheel piece to see how it looks? I feel like it could be interesting!

7 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Supra currents 25% off at Amazon UK

I just missed it, 2-5 week dispatch time at the minute.

13 hours ago, User5346 said:

Just thought of this: Anyone here who has the 2x2 circular pieces seen here able to put them in the new wheel piece to see how it looks? I feel like it could be interesting!

I tried. It didn't work because of the circular pieces you posted they have a "bridge" between center ring and the outer ring if you know what I mean.

Thinking about it, If you use a stud inbetween, it should work. I will go check now.

11 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I tried. It didn't work because of the circular pieces you posted they have a "bridge" between center ring and the outer ring if you know what I mean.

Interesting, so the piece is not flat? I’m a bit confused 

43 minutes ago, User5346 said:

Interesting, so the piece is not flat? I’m a bit confused 

Sorry for the confusion. The 2x2 tile doesn’t sit flush with the wheel, it sticks out because you have to use a stud to get it to connect to the wheel.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

On 7/19/2021 at 2:50 PM, SmartieZ said:

I just missed it, 2-5 week dispatch time at the minute.

Price still same. Lead time down to 1-4 weeks. I have an ETA of 27 July

Okay I just received more rims and new wheels from bricklink and upon putting them on the cars from 2020, they look off? Especially on the Lambo, I know the rim designs are not original but the more I see the new wheels (specifically the new rims) they look too toyish? I think it’s got to do with the lack of border on the rims and the larger centre cap area… also figured out that the rims are larger than a 2x2 circle, so that could be the issue?

On 7/19/2021 at 2:11 AM, User5346 said:

If you don't mind some very minor modification of the piece, it would work, even though the diameter of the piece is smaller than the hubcaps. If you look closely at the back of it you can easily see why it won't work. You need to trim away a small amount of plastic so it can fit into the wheel rim.

Interestingly enough, a regular 2x2 round plate or brick does fit. So you can make it look like the rim/tires from way back, like late 60's early 70's. Also the 2x2 round tile works.

Unfortunately the 2x2 round domed piece with studs on the bottom, does not fit. Which is a real shame because they would be perfect for full "Moon" hubcaps.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Johnny1360

On 7/20/2021 at 5:58 AM, MTBingNinja said:

How about a little drop of superglue 🙃

Nope wouldn't work, the piece would still stick out of the rim and look funny. Albeit not as far as using a round single stud part to attach it with.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:05 PM, User5346 said:

Okay I just received more rims and new wheels from bricklink and upon putting them on the cars from 2020, they look off? Especially on the Lambo, I know the rim designs are not original but the more I see the new wheels (specifically the new rims) they look too toyish? I think it’s got to do with the lack of border on the rims and the larger centre cap area… also figured out that the rims are larger than a 2x2 circle, so that could be the issue?

Interesting you think it looks too toyish, I did the same thing and I think it looks slightly better and mimics real life low profile tires, more so than the older rims/tires.

Edited by Johnny1360

4 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

If you don't mind some very minor modification of the piece

All good, I have recently been able to try and can see that the issue lies with the wheel not being a stud but rather “goblet piece” connection, hence why those 2x2 circle pieces cannot connect.

4 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Interesting you think it looks too toyish, I did the same thing and I think it looks slightly better and mimics real life low profile tires, more so than the older rims/tires.

yeah, I am all for the low profile tyres and I like how they are now doing the vintage style rims now, but the two current variation of rim piece just look ugly tbh. I’ve also thought about LEGO doing printing in the centre of the rim or make them so that you can connect a 1x1 circular tile with the cars logo.. could add a lot, not to mention that lack of brake callipers which takes away from the looks of the cars

Yes a rather astute observation, however and I may be wrong but the 1968 Corvette does actually have a sticker that represents the gas cap, in the middle of the rear deck.

Just picked up the Supra set and currently working on it. For some odd reason the lower back section, the exhaust pipes and bumper don't fit quite right, doesn't look like the pictures. It seems like it should move forward about half a stud to look like the pictures in the instructions and on the box.

I have double and triple checked and I am sure I am assembling it correctly. It almost seems like the four 1x1 round plates with bar have a little tab on the bar that prevents the assembly from sliding forward enough to look like the pictures.

Has anybody else noticed this issue or is it supposed to be like that and the pictures are just throwing me off, because of the angle or perspective they just don't look the same.

On page 24 of the instructions it clearly shows the edge of the black tiles, or bumper to be flush with the yellow printed tile immediately above it. No matter what I do mine clearly sticks out a half stud past the yellow printed tile. Are the instructions just wrong, I mean it shows it that way in several other pictures as well.

Edited by Johnny1360

Not sure why it bothers me so much, that I followed the instructions to the letter but it doesn't look the same as the pictures, oh well.