Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

1 hour ago, Faefrost said:

The line reminds me a lot of a miniaturized version of the old Evel Kenivel toys from my long ago younger days. Which is a good thing, those were the best toys ever. 

Yeah I looked up those toys, not sure how big they were in Europe, but the later Trials games did have some of that evil knievel influences in some of their games with a stars and stripes rider outfit, and bikes/monster trucks and flaming hoops on some courses.

There was a Commodore 64 game called Kikstart 2 I played a lot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kikstart_2 back then, and later found out there was a "Kickstart" TV program in the UK where they did similar thing but in real life. (even had the same intro sound track tune as the game) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick_Start_(TV_series) (VHS quality episodes/fragments could still be found on Youtube)

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah I looked up those toys, not sure how big they were in Europe, but the later Trials games did have some of that evil knievel influences in some of their games with a stars and stripes rider outfit, and bikes/monster trucks and flaming hoops on some courses.

There was a Commodore 64 game called Kikstart 2 I played a lot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kikstart_2 back then, and later found out there was a "Kickstart" TV program in the UK where they did similar thing but in real life. (even had the same intro sound track tune as the game) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick_Start_(TV_series) (VHS quality episodes/fragments could still be found on Youtube)

The Evel Kenivel line did do well in the UK. I forget who licensed it? The main draw was the really well made flywheel powered ~1/8 Scale vehicle. You had a hand cranked launcher that could really get the flywheel moving. The motorcycles balanced perfectly and would tear around the house and driveway. With enough room (ie a really quiet dead end street) you could get 50-100 meters off a launch. 

The Lego bikes arent that good. But they have all the base components of it in a working smaller scale. 

Lol, yeah I skinned my knuckles many a time cranking that Evel Knievel bike up, it was a lot of fun ramping that baby. Wasn't too good in the dirt though, a small piece of sand or gravel and the gears would strip out.

Will likely pick up one or two of those stuntz sets for sure, the bikes actually look fun, unlike those stupid helicopters that were previously mentioned, total joke. Which remind me of the old SST cars that were around the same time as the Evel Knievel stunt bike, those were a real blast, they even had demolition cars where parts actually flew off the cars when they crashed.

Edited by Johnny1360

25 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Lol, yeah I skinned my knuckles many a time cranking that Evel Knievel bike up, it was a lot of fun ramping that baby. Wasn't too good in the dirt though, a small piece of sand or gravel and the gears would strip out.

Will likely pick up one or two of those stuntz sets for sure, the bikes actually look fun, unlike those stupid helicopters that were previously mentioned, total joke. Which remind me of the old SST cars that were around the same time as the Evel Knievel stunt bike, those were a real blast, they even had demolition cars where parts actually flew off the cars when they crashed.

Speaking of demolition cars, is it strange that the only thing I find interesting in that big monster truck stuntz set is the crushable cars? Those would work so well with a Heavy Rescue Fire Truck. 

4 hours ago, Faefrost said:

Speaking of demolition cars, is it strange that the only thing I find interesting in that big monster truck stuntz set is the crushable cars? Those would work so well with a Heavy Rescue Fire Truck. 

My son only likes these wrecks as well that's why there is no point of buying whole set atm.

Just built the Rocket Racer, works surprisingly well for such a small bike, flywheel has a lot of power.

Has anybody who has one of these sets tested the compatibility with mini-dolls yet? The handlebars being removable means that they can be exchanged with the Friends-style parallel handlebars, but I'm not sure yet whether or not the "footrests" are designed to fit mini-doll feet (which due to their shape are slightly longer than minifigure feet). Knowing this would help me to gauge what other themes these new flywheel-driven bikes could potentially be reused in in the future.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Has anybody who has one of these sets tested the compatibility with mini-dolls yet? The handlebars being removable means that they can be exchanged with the Friends-style parallel handlebars, but I'm not sure yet whether or not the "footrests" are designed to fit mini-doll feet (which due to their shape are slightly longer than minifigure feet). Knowing this would help me to gauge what other themes these new flywheel-driven bikes could potentially be reused in in the future.

I’ll have to find a minidoll to check. The problem may be more height than footrest size. The new bike shells are slightly smaller than their corresponding pre-existing bike shell. 

I saw Instagram today, and Promobricks mentioned that the rest of the bike products will be released in January 2022.

2 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Does anyone have the arena? 

Jang just posted a review video of it

42 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Jang just posted a review video of it

I saw it before I posted this

Just to ask about the price because I'm planning to buy the arena this week

My local toys r us is selling everything for crazy prices! 

60299 is 14€, 60293 is 20€,60294 is 40€ nad 60299 is 69.99€

Motorbikes not available :(

31 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Retail price are €20 / €30 / €60 / €100 for the non bike sets, with the Arena being €90 in germany.

31 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Looks like pretty good, 30-33% off.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Retail price are €20 / €30 / €60 / €100 for the non bike sets, with the Arena being €90 in germany.

Looks like pretty good, 30-33% off.

It's a to celebrate something I think, they got really good deals, 60271 is 140€ and the wildlife Camp is 60€

On 10/3/2021 at 8:32 PM, Poodabricks said:

Awe seriously Lego? 

The rumor going around is the shipping delays on some sets were caused by a supply shortage of cardboard. Minor disruptions of seemingly trivial products high up in the supply chains can trickle down in unusual ways. 

On 10/5/2021 at 2:35 PM, Powered by Bricks said:

I saw it before I posted this

My local toys r us is selling everything for crazy prices! 

Motorbikes not available :(

I got 60295 from amazon.nl for €48.99 last week, which is half off LEGO's €99.99 RRP.

At the moment it is listed at €50.96 there

Edited by RocketRacer

Stonewars updated it's End of Life list, and looks like some 2021 City are actually surprisingly retiring soon: (and brickset also shows 2021 as end dates).

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-eol-end-of-life-2021/#lego-city-eol-2021

2021 sets include

60279: Fire Hazard Truck

60285: Sports Car

60286: Beach Rescue ATV

60288: Race Buggy Transporter

60289: Airshow Jet Transporter

60290: Skate Park

60306: Shopping Street

Edited by TeriXeri

16 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Stonewars updated it's End of Life list, and looks like some 2021 City are actually surprisingly retiring soon: (and brickset also shows 2021 as end dates).

2021 sets include

Good thing I got those before they ended production. 

16 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

2021 sets include

That would explain why some of these are now discounted in stores here in the UK.

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

You mean, Lego stores? 

I don’t know about Lego stores, as I’m about 2 hrs away from the nearest. Just as well, as if I lived closer, I may be bankrupt.  

We have supermarkets and Argos (A catalogue shop) which are currently dropping 20% or more off most of the listed City sets.