3 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I’d love a Jay-themed pirate ship. 

Did you see the preliminary picture? It’s really not much of a Nautilus. I think it might be built using one of those big preformed ‘floats in water’ hulls, but I’m not certain because the prow is built up in a way that looks like it wouldn’t really work with the big hull (as far as I can tell) - plus, the whole point of those parts is that they don’t sink. Which kind of ruins the whole idea that it’s a submarine, IMHO. 

I do like the white and gold colour scheme. I hope that’s final and not preliminary - the images we got had a lot of ‘unfinalised’ Minifigure parts in white, and then the Hydro Bounty was mostly white so we’re worried that might just be the ‘unfinalised’ colour - but out of all the other sets we saw pictures of, none of the others had massive white blocks like that and the black ‘wheelhouse’ section and gold fins looked pretty final - especially because they’re using a completely new fin part in gold there - so I am inclined to think that it really is white. 

We'll see.

But the sets looked pretty final (sticker details on submarines, printed head of Nyas dragon). Other preliminaries where sets changed drastically - like last years Bounty or Jays elemental dragon - it was clearly visible how unfinished the sets looked. I would love to see those concepts somehow though!

on another note: some Marvel set just leaked - it seems they tap in the eastern-asian market as well now. Looks pretty smooth! Like the designer worked on Elves sets before.

Well ive just finished watching the island in French, and im not going to say much, but..... damn. I feel like DOTD was better. It just felt really, and I mean really rushed. My opinion is probably gonna change when the English version comes out on the 4th of march, and the ending was..... unexpected. There was a "in memory of Kirby morrow' section at the end, which was great, even if its just words on the screen. Spoilers for the ending are below.

Spoiler

Damn. this was rushed. the suits and the bikes were already set up only 10 mins in and then Ronnin? kryptarion prisoners? This ending was more than disappointing. The only saving grace is Wohira at the end, the final shot of the serpent on the sea floor looks great! I'm thankful of a teaser for next season. 

So yeah, not sure where this one sits on my tier list but Im sure it will move when the English versions come out. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

8 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Well ive just finished watching the island in French, and im not going to say much, but..... damn. I feel like DOTD was better. It just felt really, and I mean really rushed. My opinion is probably gonna change when the English version comes out on the 4th of march, and the ending was..... unexpected. There was a "in memory of Kirby morrow' section at the end, which was great, even if its just words on the screen. Spoilers for the ending are below.

Reveal hidden contents

Damn. this was rushed. the suits and the bikes were already set up only 10 mins in and then Ronnin? kryptarion prisoners? This ending was more than disappointing. The only saving grace is Wohira at the end, the final shot of the serpent on the sea floor looks great! I'm thankful of a teaser for next season. 

So yeah, not sure where this one sits on my tier list but Im sure it will move when the English versions come out. 

Honestly I'm not even surprised it's disappointing. Ever since Hunted ended the show just hasn't been able to keep story-quality high (although Master of the Mountain was pretty good). Luckily the sets didn't suffer the same fate. 

Super rushed, Lacking character development and an underwhelming plot. Ninjago quality has really decreased since March of the Oni

Nothing really special bout this special anyways xD

Those island suits are great though.

Spoiler

This Island/season 14 special is four episodes long. I mean, what did you expect? From what I could see (I didn't see everything just the ending, the plot twist and the fight with the stone golems) overall it was okay to good. The animation seems really fluid and dynamic. I loved the Stone Golems and Zippy (Jungle Dragon). I didn't like the plot twist although was a little to obvious. Finally, I like the detail with Wohira but she looks a little different from the season 15 sets.

Edited by Bloquerto

idunno i thought it was simple and 

Spoiler

ronin being the final bad guy made sense: i'd love to see more setup with wojira but the plot is simple enough and makes sense given setup and execution. love the animation and i'd kill for an accurate keeper's village but certainly using the keeper's village as a basis should work for now.

anyways excited for the next season: not excited for the sets but it'll be interesting to see what the ninja do with wojira

Edited by Pirean_Grammaticul

1 minute ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

ok after the summer underwater theme where could ninjago go after , maybe underground and they fight some rock raiders style enemies

They already did underground with MOTM but that was more medieval style.... and I think if they just went with a rock raiders theme it would definitely be crossing the line.

10 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

ok after the summer underwater theme where could ninjago go after , maybe underground and they fight some rock raiders style enemies

Space :excited:

54 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Space :excited:

space, every single one of the many realms they didn't visit yet, any of the realms they did already visit (the one from hunted for example), underground but in a different setting, ....

They took inspiration even from Mad Max Fury road. They could also use other material for inspiration. From Akira to Hero (with Jet Li) to many other anime and Kurosawa movies.

The point is only to do it well. I never expect much from the "shorter" seasons* - I didnt even really like March of the Oni that much. I think "Hunted" was the peak and from there the quality went down drastically. Last seasons were still quite good (especially considering this is a toy commercial for robo-ninjas that can spin really fast) but if you cut the budget so much there will be many scars. Im happy if they keep that quality - if it decreases more, of course that'lll be yet another loss.

It's a bit like "Star Wars the Clone Wars" situation. Some people with a vision put way more money into the product, then was necessary or even profitable. As we live in capitalism, these things will never last.

*in hindsight though, I must say that day of the departed was really good, for being so short. But yes, ninjago always lived from its long build ups and side quests with aditional developements.

I honestly don't mind the show being underwhelming as long as the sets are amazing like they are.

Ninjago is definitely in my top 3 themes, and since S10 I've not been disappointed yet, all of those sets are awesome and the setting they choose for each one is always different and intriguing.

On 2/28/2021 at 1:53 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

They already did underground with MOTM but that was more medieval style.... and I think if they just went with a rock raiders theme it would definitely be crossing the line.

It just occurred to me that Ninjago may already have somewhat done a Rock Raider/Power Miner-esque wave in the form of 2013's The Final Battle wave, with a driller set and villains/monsters that's made out of stone. It's kinda brilliant though (if that was the intention), taking away enough elements so that the wave doesn't feel like just a "Ninjago-ed RR/PM 2.0".

On 2/28/2021 at 1:50 PM, thekeeperofthereaper said:

ok after the summer underwater theme where could ninjago go after 

Fingers crossed for a carnival/monster wave that returns to Mega-Monster Amusement Park and a Kamen Rider-styled wave where we could have awesome fantastical bug designs and zany powers.

8 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

It just occurred to me that Ninjago may already have somewhat done a Rock Raider/Power Miner-esque wave in the form of 2013's The Final Battle wave, with a driller set and villains/monsters that's made out of stone. It's kinda brilliant though (if that was the intention), taking away enough elements so that the wave doesn't feel like just a "Ninjago-ed RR/PM 2.0".

Fingers crossed for a carnival/monster wave that returns to Mega-Monster Amusement Park and a Kamen Rider-styled wave where we could have awesome fantastical bug designs and zany powers.

People are forgetting also that they did space in season 3 already. And alien bugs :pir_laugh2:.

Which figure head does this come from,( I KNOW THIS IS A NINJAGO AREA OK)

s-l400.jpg

Just now, FrostyPlayZa said:

s-l400.jpg

THIS IS FOR MY NEW PROFILE PIC COMING SOON

Edited by FrostyPlayZa

1 minute ago, FrostyPlayZa said:

s-l400.jpg

THIS IS FOR MY NEW PROFILE PIC COMING SOON

im not a marvel fan but I think this is war machines head. you can go confirm it over on the superhero thread.

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

im not a marvel fan but I think this is war machines head. you can go confirm it over on the superhero thread.

THANK YOU SO MUCH 

14 hours ago, FrostyPlayZa said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH 

Why do you write everything in capital letters? Please, learn how to write properly on this forum.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why do you write everything in capital letters? Please, learn how to write properly on this forum.

Yeah, it's a bit like in that episode of Possession were Zane was just shouting all over the place.

1 minute ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Yeah, it's a bit like in that episode of Possession were Zane was just shouting all over the place.

Maybe his caps lock button is stuck? :grin: Don't give him ideas though, we'll have him talking like a pirate now.....

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because he’s clearly an under-18 kid (breaking forum rules) and posting in wrong threads, even wrong themes here.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:46 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I honestly don't mind the show being underwhelming as long as the sets are amazing like they are.

Ninjago is definitely in my top 3 themes, and since S10 I've not been disappointed yet, all of those sets are awesome and the setting they choose for each one is always different and intriguing.

And let's be honest, where builds are a bit lackluster the figures tend to be really nice for the most part.

On the subject of figures, i really do hope they go forward like they have with S14 and not toss in exclusive figures in the most expensive set of the wave. it's nice to be able to totally skip the most expensive set until it gets reduced without watching out for the figures.

With Kai, Jay, Mammatus and a Thunder Keeper appearing in 71747, Zane and a Thunder Keeper in 71746 and a Rumble Keeper in 71745, it's nice to think you can pick up say;

71745 and 71747 to get all the figures that appear in the most expensive set (Minus Zane), plus Cole, Nya and Lloyd. 5/6 Ninja, one of each villain and the Totem creature for about £5 more UK

3 minutes ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

And let's be honest, where builds are a bit lackluster the figures tend to be really nice for the most part.

On the subject of figures, i really do hope they go forward like they have with S14 and not toss in exclusive figures in the most expensive set of the wave. it's nice to be able to totally skip the most expensive set until it gets reduced without watching out for the figures.

With Kai, Jay, Mammatus and a Thunder Keeper appearing in 71747, Zane and a Thunder Keeper in 71746 and a Rumble Keeper in 71745, it's nice to think you can pick up say;

71745 and 71747 to get all the figures that appear in the most expensive set (Minus Zane), plus Cole, Nya and Lloyd. 5/6 Ninja, one of each villain and the Totem creature for about £5 more UK

Ninjago is always great with this. With SW I couldnt even start to dream about getting figutes without purchasing most sets.

Also, except for Unagami and Saphira we were able to get many of the past main villains via magazine gifts - Iron Baron, Ice emperor, this month the skull sorcerer, before Garmadon..
The season 11 Nya was only in the expensive Land bounty set - but appeared in a cheap magazine.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This isn't the first time he's done that,I even recall a mod warning him to seize this type of behavior.