DoubleBU

[MOC] Captain Future's Comet (mini)

This is a mini version of Captain Future's Comet/Meteor spacecraft from the famous 80s cartoon.
Despite its size the construction is actually reasonably stable and the design also allows the wings to rotate freely from the rest of the spacecraft.

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x853.jpg

Edited by DoubleBU

4 hours ago, Sarles said:

Very Retro feel to the design. Great job.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Does this mean I'm not the only one old enough around here to remember Captain Future...? ;)

1 hour ago, DoubleBU said:

Does this mean I'm not the only one old enough around here to remember Captain Future...?

It depends :pir-huzzah1:

Now the original stuff from the US was around 1940. When you refer to that you must be about 90 years old, granted you a) lived then in Switzerland (assuming an age of 10 years as appropriate to digest and then later remember that Captain Future stuff and b) you had access to secret communication lines for transmission and/or printed material of any kind.:angel_sing:

When however you refer to the 1980 Europe second wave then I am in - and you are not alone around here - for sure.

Welcome to EB!

Your Captain Future spacecraft is a blast! And would for sure nicely complement the SW "mini" Series with something even nicer!!!

All the best
Thorsten   

Well, thankfully I'm not THAT old (*phew*)... so I was indeed referring to the 80s cartoon. Of course I'm also very curious to see what the updated live action version by that German director might turn out to be. So far it looks & sounds quite promising.

15 hours ago, DoubleBU said:

Does this mean I'm not the only one old enough around here to remember Captain Future...? ;)

I recognize the shape of the ship, I don't know if I have ever seen the show/cartoon though. It looks like the design language from Futurama a bit as well.