b3tb.jpg
s4er.jpg

50042884376_90f8f8a0d9_b.jpg
Mobile Rocket Launcher - Neoclassic 897 by Horlack, sur Flickr
50042883981_b0fa768956_b.jpg
Mobile Rocket Launcher - Neoclassic 897 by Horlack, sur Flickr

Edited by Horlack Bricks

1 hour ago, danth said:

Nice work! 6801 is my favorite! Super beefy.

Thanks very much. :)
Indeed, this is the 6801, which I did first, among the 4. I did not find an MOC for the 6801. But only small MODs, with very small modifications (often only in colors, + 1 antenna, 1-2 additional guns, + Boosters). It was he who gave me the inspiration to do it in MOC. So if, my research is good and correct, I believe that it is the 1st MOC 6801. It is strange, that there is no MOC of the set 6801, because it is a Mythical set! All "mythical" sets exist at least in X copies of MOC .... except this one.

To tell you, the fact that no one has thought of making this legendary set by MOC, I am wondering about putting it on Lego Ideas. The Barracuda Bay, Mythical set, has been successfully validated in Lego Ideas. So why not, the 6801 Space Scooter ?

I am not unhappy with the result :) I tried to stay in the spirit of 6801....but bigger.
I really did a lot of custom and lots of little adds (with some rares parts, or half-rare parts)

You can see it, in 3D model on : https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=153932

Really nice idea ! The MODs are terrific !! With so many greeblings and nice parts.

My favorite is the 1789 : with this one you turn the ugly Lego original 1789 into a very clever spaceship and something really space classic looking.

Wonderful job !! :thumbup:

we want some more !!

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

the ugly Lego original 1789

I thought I was the only one! 90's kids seem to love that set but as much as I want to like it, I just can't. Same with most Unitron sets. 

My 1st flickr version had some success, so I decided to put it on Lego Ideas, renaming it to "Lunar Heavy Space Magneto-Hovercraft"
I had to rename it and remove all logos, because moderation LEGO refuses old themes, old logo, and old set title (really they are borring).

brt8.jpg

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/4496163e-2ee1-4232-92d0-7654e40bd779
https://www.facebook.com/HorlackBricks/posts/162606258655096
https://www.flickr.com/photos/horlack/

Edited by Horlack Bricks

Great work all around.  The neo-Classic 6801 is my favorite too.  It feels classic, yet new and adventurous!  

On 7/7/2020 at 5:38 PM, danth said:

I thought I was the only one! 90's kids seem to love that set but as much as I want to like it, I just can't. Same with most Unitron sets. 

90's kid here, and I am definitely a big Unitron fan.  It was the last LEGO Space theme of the 20th Century where I felt some deep connection.  I'm still enamored with the printing on the minifigures, the color palate, and the weird designs with extending arms for equipment (Space Station Zenon has a few of these, as does Star Hawk).  

I started to lose interest in LEGO Space during the Exploriens era (1996-1997), and aside from Android Base and Nebula Outpost, I still don't like the general Exploriens aesthetic.  Things got progressively worse with Roboforce, UFO, and then Insectoids.  

It wasn't until nearly 10 years later that Star Justice and then Space Police III got me interested in LEGO Space again.  Most of the 2000's was a "dark age" for me.  I still paid attention to LEGO, mostly because of Harry Potter, but whenever I perused the SciFi offerings at a store during those years, I just got more and more depressed about the sets.  I'm glad that LEGO has revived some space stuff in recent times with TLM/TLM2 and the Creator 3 in 1 Space Exploration Rover.

5 hours ago, hagridshut said:

I'm glad that LEGO has revived some space stuff in recent times with TLM/TLM2 and the Creator 3 in 1 Space Exploration Rover.

Ohhh yes , i confirm totally ! I bought 4 boxes! (+21321 insternational space station)
yez2.jpg
The 3x1 set is excellent.
Everything is modular with a lot of construction possibilities
By buying more than 10 boxes, I am convinced that it is possible to rebuild a complete, larger and diversified moon base: vehicles, vessels, solar power plant, radar, oxygen containers, etc.

The one and only little regret: not 2nd female character.

3 hours ago, Horlack Bricks said:

Ohhh yes , i confirm totally ! I bought 4 boxes! (+21321 insternational space station)
The 3x1 set is excellent.
Everything is modular with a lot of construction possibilities
By buying more than 10 boxes, I am convinced that it is possible to rebuild a complete, larger and diversified moon base: vehicles, vessels, solar power plant, radar, oxygen containers, etc.

The one and only little regret: not 2nd female character.

Wow, you are lucky to have many of the 3 in 1 space sets already!  I am in the U.S. and the LEGO shop here only says "coming soon".  

I would very much like to see a detailed moon base built from many of these sets.

8 hours ago, hagridshut said:

90's kid here, and I am definitely a big Unitron fan.  It was the last LEGO Space theme of the 20th Century where I felt some deep connection.  I'm still enamored with the printing on the minifigures, the color palate, and the weird designs with extending arms for equipment (Space Station Zenon has a few of these, as does Star Hawk).  

Strangely I like all of those same things -- the Unitron minifigs, colors, etc. It's just the actual design of the Starhawk and the Crater Cruiser I'm not big on, which is half the theme. The base and monorail aren't bad.

I'm probably biased against the Starhawk because I think Vic Vipers are a bit overrated.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:48 PM, danth said:

Strangely I like all of those same things -- the Unitron minifigs, colors, etc. It's just the actual design of the Starhawk and the Crater Cruiser I'm not big on, which is half the theme. The base and monorail aren't bad.

I'm probably biased against the Starhawk because I think Vic Vipers are a bit overrated.

Initially, I wasn't a fan of the Crater Cruiser either.  It is a bit odd, I think because of the 3 sets of differently sized wheels, but the design has grown on me over the years.  

Most LEGO Space rovers are vehicles that only roam the surface of the worlds their crews are exploring.  They might transport rockets (like the Ice Planet Ice Sat V) or act as a base for other ships (Space Police II Solar Snooper), but they generally don't seem to have the ability to move from planet to planet by themselves.  

The Crater Cruiser is a bit different.  While the wheeled vehicle does act as a base for the detachable scout ship, it also seems to have a thrust vectoring drive unit that contains both a retro-rocket for takeoff, and a propulsion system for long distance space travel.  The only other ground vehicle that I think might have similar capability is the Blacktron II Spectral Starguider.  

1 minute ago, Professor Thaum said:

Tu es bourré de bonnes idées, camarade.

Ca va être un régal de te suivre.

Merci beaucoup :) Tu n'es pas la 1ère personne à me dire cela ou des trucs du même genre. Je n'arrive pas à comprendre pourquoi je ne décolle pas sur flickr, ni sur lego ideas d'ailleurs, alors qu'on me dit que j'ai un certain talent. Des fois, c'est un peu blasant, de passer 2 semaines sur un MOC, de ne recevoir que des compliments (même s'ils ont peu nombreux), et le nombre de like ne décollent pas d'un pouce. Et pourtant je met la création dans plus de 20 groupes flickr lego, et autant sur facebook. Des fois, je suis un peu dépité. Comme si, la communication était bridé ou bloqué quelques part.

Houla, tu cherches la reconnaissance officielle ??? ( ou des "likes" )

Moi je fais ça pour le plaisir (et je pense que la majorité des posteurs le fait aussi), courir la gloire est une maitresse cruelle. Et je ne poste que sur EB. Mais je comprends que plusieurs semaines sur un MOC pour parfois qq commentaires blasés, ça déçoit.

33 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Houla, tu cherches la reconnaissance officielle ??? ( ou des "likes" )

Moi je fais ça pour le plaisir (et je pense que la majorité des posteurs le fait aussi), courir la gloire est une maitresse cruelle. Et je ne poste que sur EB. Mais je comprends que plusieurs semaines sur un MOC pour parfois qq commentaires blasés, ça déçoit.

ah bah, non, je fais cela en 1er pour le plaisir ! Ca va de soit ! Mais disons, qu'avoir un peu reconnaissance, c'est aussi une forme du travail bien fait. C'est un peu comme le boulanger, il aime que de temps en temps, qu'un client le remercie chaleureusement , pour un truc qui était vachement bon. Ca remet du boom au coeur et à l'ouvrage au boulanger. (je schématise, mais c'est l'idée) Je ne demande pas des likes à tire-la-rigo et pour un rien, et tous les jours. Mais une fois de temps à autres, cela fait plaisir quand même.
Car quelques part, ca fout le moral en l'air, de voir des créations, allez disons sur lego Idea, qui sont de véritables "bouzes infâmes" sans technique, sans réflexion, sans background (5 lignes de torches-cul de descriptif), etc, etc (et parfois ne tenant que par l'artifice du 3D, donc se cassant la gueule en vrai)....avoir 5000 votes, alors, que de mon point de vue, je fais mieux qu'eux. Cela me donne l'impression que les gens votent quand il y a "un buzz" ou "une hype" (ou quant tu es pote avec le mec qui gère une page web bien en vue => suis mon regard sur certaines pages AFOL internationale), même quand c'est merdique. C'est déboussolant .