dvogon

[S12 - Rorak - BS] Mando terrible last jail

*Your entry has earned 8 XP*

The republic prisoner didn't want to talk about their activities in Grizmallt. Now it is time to stress him a bit in a more compelling place...

media?size=l

Groodun: It's been a long trip, even for me, but now we are at the right place to continue our conversation.

Republic agent: No matter where is this remote place in the galaxy. If you think that bringing me to the sewers of the fallen Empire is going to help you anything, I guess you are completely wrong.

Groodun: Now we are far beyond the fallen Empire space and even farther from your pathetic new Republic. Maybe you'll consider it again to start collaborating here. You'll have more than enough time for that, take that for granted.

media?size=l

Republic agent: Your wait will be useless. I have nothing to say.

Groodun: This place isn't like others. These are imperial-class compactors, in very good shape i would say... Nobody can survive, nobody can escape. This is going to be your new home.

Republic agent: It isn't that easy to intimidate me, poor smuggler.

Groodun: I've seen other people more brave than you in this place, you can have a look, if you wish. You'll have plenty of time from now on.

media?size=l

Republic agent: This isn't going to work with me, take that for granted too.

Groodun: I've heard that too many times before. Many had surrendered to the actual facts and understood what they had to do. Others, like these Mandos didn't want to understand that, so here they are still. They were brave and courageous. But they'll be here for the rest of eternity. It's your choice.

Spoiler

This entry is based on this one from Watto's Junkyard, which also has additional photos and the trash compactor in action:

Here are some details of the compactor. It can actually compact things (sort of):

media?size=l

This is an inner view of the compactor in its most compacting position.

media?size=l

A detail of the compactor walls and the maintenance stairs to access the lower floor, usually full of water hence the color gradient to suggest it:

media?size=l

media?size=l

A clean front view with the lower maintenance lock.

media?size=l 

Those walls look incredible. Really nicely done. I'm worried you've missed the deadline for both. Fingers crossed for you. 

Looks very good. Reminiscent of Episode 4 and I love that it’s functional.

On 6/19/2020 at 1:02 PM, Tariq j said:

Looks very good. Reminiscent of Episode 4 and I love that it’s functional.

Thanks! I thought that the compacting function would be interesting for this build. Makes it more realistic, my children love it while playing and allows me to recreate the original Ep 4 scene that, if I have time, I will do soon in the main SW forum just for fun.

The walls can be split in two parts to be inserted and removed from the technic rails that sustain the whole set. This was very handy for adjusting details and to store it unmounted. The upper back wall can be removed as well.

Edited by dvogon