Ross Fisher

[P8 - Gizer - CE] Mandos March

*Your entry has earned 8 XP*

When we returned, it seems that Val had gathered a few more of her people. She was damn pleased to see Rusty. Shook my hand for getting him back. Said it was something she could never have managed.
And then she gave a speech. Damn good one too. Short; punchy; and with a point. I've recorded it for posterity: 

"Brothers and Sisters;

"We're done hiding. 

Clan Eldar

"Some say the galaxy doesn't need us any more; that the Empire did everyone a favour with its conquest of Mandalore. They say that a warrior culture has no place in a galaxy that's had enough of war. 

Clan Eldar

"But I say this; there will always be a place among the stars for those who are willing to fight for it. Those who aren't prepared to let someone else deny their right to exist.
So if you've got the guts to wear the armour, I say you've earned the right to be a Mandalorian. 

Clan Eldar

"It doesn't matter who you are; where you came from; born or made. If you're willing to stand against the storm with your head held high, Clan Eldar will stand beside you."

And with that, she climbed down from her podium. Did her meet and greet. Shook hands, shared praise; every inch a born leader.
And then she got to us. 
"Rusty," she said. "Thank the stars you're back. I couldn't find the strength to do this without you."
"I know, sis." He answered, with a nod.
"I've got all of your armour, safely stored."
"Thanks. I'll need that."
"And what of him?" she asked Rusty, nodding at me.
"He's a pain in the neck," said Rusty. "Only you would send someone to annoy me into submission." I was a little bit offended, but I wasn't about to let it show.
"Should we let him stay?" she asked. And I was shocked. Hadn't been something I was planning, really. Gizer is not my idea of a good time.
"Yeah," said Rusty. And he turned to me. "You might've been an Imperial once, diplomat, but you aren't now. That ended when the Empire fell, you just haven't realised it yet. Empire's not a place, or a culture - at least not one worth keeping." And, to be honest, he was right, dammit! You just don't anticipate keen insights like that from very-newly sober people.

Clan Eldar

"What do you say, soldier?" Val asked me, "Join the Mandalorians? Fight with words for us?"
And to this day, I am still surprised that I said yes. It was a damn good speech. And something in me still wanted to make my mark on the galaxy. So, before I knew it, I was adopted into Clan Eldar. It's a funny old life, eh?

Edited by Ross Fisher

Man! I love the colors of this moc! The container could maybe be a little more starwarsy, and the pre-made trees stick out like a sore thumb! There's sooo many good and easy tree techniques out there, so using these doesn't do the rest of the build justice... Other than that is is awesome to see you work on a larger scale! It pays off!

7 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

the pre-made trees stick out like a sore thumb

I've heard this from a few people, and I just can't see it. I think they look great! I'll see what I can do for the rest of the series about using some different tree techniques.

Great build! I really like the terrain, especially the rockwork on the left side and the overall greenery. The banner is also a nice touch, looks perfect for the scene.  

A great build with some brilliant landscaping and despite all the minifigures (which look really good) you have managed to make it not look cluttered. Between you and @Merc4Hire, Clan Eldar is already looking like some strong competition. I really like how you have merged in aliens to your Faction too, I was worried that a mandalorian faction might become quite generic with the limited helmet choice but I really like the minifigure aesthetic that you are going for. Looking forward to seeing how your faction will develop.

9 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I've heard this from a few people, and I just can't see it. I think they look great! I'll see what I can do for the rest of the series about using some different tree techniques.

Maybe i put is a bit too harsh. I think it's probably more knowing that it is a 'pre-made'. Not how it looks.

Also want to second the banner-use... That is brilliant and fits very well for Clan Eldar. Nice find!

9 hours ago, Merc4Hire said:

I really like the terrain, especially the rockwork on the left side and the overall greenery.

1 hour ago, marvelBoy123 said:

some brilliant landscaping

Thanks guys. I know that my scenery hasn't been that adventurous in the past, so I'm keen to improve if I can.

9 hours ago, Merc4Hire said:

The banner is also a nice touch

45 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Also want to second the banner-use... That is brilliant and fits very well for Clan Eldar. Nice find!

One of the first things I did when setting up the Clan was see if there were any parts already in existence that could work for the Clan. Sadly this is about the only thing I could find, so expect to see a lot more of it!

Between you and @Merc4Hire, Clan Eldar is already looking like some strong competition.

Thanks! We've got a couple of other recruits as well, who are just tidying up their builds before they post them. 

I really like how you have merged in aliens to your Faction too, I was worried that a mandalorian faction might become quite generic with the limited helmet choice but I really like the minifigure aesthetic that you are going for.

Thanks. Mandalorians, for a long time, have been a culture, and not a race (despite the fact that Boba and Jango, Duchess Satine, Sabine Wren, Din Djarin and pretty much any other one we know of has been human). I always want to have more aliens in my sci-fi galaxy, so I decided to throw more aliens in there. And it's only going to get wilder!

51 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

I think it's probably more knowing that it is a 'pre-made'. Not how it looks.

I get what you mean. I'll work on this. Promise.

24 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

One of the first things I did when setting up the Clan was see if there were any parts already in existence that could work for the Clan. Sadly this is about the only thing I could find, so expect to see a lot more of it!

I see... Maybe you could get around it in another fashion? The logo is some kind of feline creature right - you should totally have a Mando hunting with a panther or another of Legos cat/tigers...

58 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

The logo is some kind of feline creature right

I think it's supposed to be a saber-toothed... something. Look out for one of our other builds for this mini-challenge for another interpretation!

This is a great build! I love the container and the minifig positioning is top notch.

I do sort of see Darth's point about the pre-made trees, but I think you've just about got enough going on here that they blend in.

8 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

This is a great build! I love the container and the minifig positioning is top notch.

I do sort of see Darth's point about the pre-made trees, but I think you've just about got enough going on here that they blend in.

Appreciate it! 

Updated the story and added another image to reflect the fact that I have finally joined up the dots of this storyline.