Hello everyone!

For TC18 I tried to replicate the winner car of the 2013 Pikes Peak Hillclimb.

Features:

- HOG steering

- V6 fake engine

- AWD with 3 differentials

- suspension (live axle front & rear)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

It doesnt look to bad - for a peugeot :laugh_hard:

But there is no interior at all, right?

I think Aero pieces like Splitters, Sideskirts and Wings that extend over the width of the normal body should be allowed up to +1 stud on each side of the body. Otherwhise cars fearuring Battle Aero will be at a massive disatvantage, especially since these cars are often pretty wide to begin with. But thats just my opinion.

Pics work now, idk what happened, my bad.

Edited by Gray Gear

Looks pretty OK,

but isn't forn already 16 stud wide? I don't know now if that could be counted in the same cayegory as rear view mirrors. And wheel, do they really fit in 15L?

6 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Your pics dont work bro

For me works

49 minutes ago, Jurss said:

but isn't forn already 16 stud wide? I don't know now if that could be counted in the same cayegory as rear view mirrors. And wheel, do they really fit in 15L?

The rules were based on the 42098 set which inner space equals to 15 studs between the decks stands, so the models must be 15 studs wide to fit into it. The mirrors are supposed to be foldable usually, so the rules don't regulate the mirrors.
The best "check" is to build the frame with required dimensions, take out the mirrors (if they are) and see if the model can roll through it. Nice and simple way that answers "yes" or "not" very correctly.

49 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

It doesnt look to bad - for a peugeot :laugh_hard:

I think Aero pieces like Splitters, Sideskirts and Wings that extend over the width of the normal body should be allowed up to +1 stud on each side of the body. Otherwhise cars fearuring Battle Aero will be at a massive disatvantage, especially since these cars are often pretty wide to begin with. But thats just my opinion.

Pics work now, idk what happened, my bad.

I afraid that it might mean that the model should be 13-studs wide then...

Edited by Void_S

I think the front splitter may be just wider than 15studs which means the car is too wide as I’d class this as part of the body width 

Front & rear wing are indeed 16stud wide, as I thought it would be covered by the "mirror-rule". The wheels outer center points are exactly 15 studs apart, but I have to admit that I didn't made the "box test". I just assumed that the Mustang rims only protrude one stud. If this is not the case (I can't check it at the moment) it has to be disqualified and I wouldn't have a problem with that because I am sure that a lot of participants kept their entries more thoroughly within the regulations and so it wouldn't be fair.

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

You are right. I did a last minute change from rubber-band suspension to spring suspension and had to ditch the interior therfore. But I wasn't pleased with the interior anyway, because the real car has only one seat very close to the centerline, so it did interfere with the center differential and the HOG-steering, if built in the right position.

One of the type of cars, I wish would be an official Lego set. You still have some hours to check and enter! :thumbup:

Bonjour 

J'ai moi aussi  une 208 t16 pikes peakes lego technic que je construit depuis le 14 mars 2020 .

Je suis parti de la base de la voiture de rallye 42077 ,j'ai refait le châssis un nouveau train avant pour l'adapter 4 roues motrices .

36 minutes ago, 208 pp lego said:

Bonjour

Welcome to EB.

Please read the Site Guidelines.
No need to bump old topic, at least not unless you provide some content.
Also, use English on the site. It does not need to be perfect, but it does need to be English.

You can create a new topic and show your version.